Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
two monster pieces of chicken with barely anything between them. too expensive . it's okay though prob wouldn't get it again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fastball LIVE in concert
Jul 10, 2010
I got stoned and just got one. It's okay, it feels way bigger than the last time I had one, but i also don't remember it costing $10. It was still fairly crispy when my delivery arrived which was a nice bonus but the cheese had oozed right out and stuck all over the paper.
Wasn't bad but I don't think i'll get one again.

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
I missed out on it the first time in 2008 or whatever it was. Eating one right now. This one is fresh, it's decent, gives me a renewed appreciation for sandwiches made with buns rather than breaded meat. There's no way it cost $10.99 a la carte back then lol

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
the chicken pieces are fuckin huge lol

crazy eyes mustafa
Nov 30, 2014
The best thing I can say about it was it was surprisingly not greasy and stayed crisp to the last bite. I've had problems with this particular location before (it is a combined Taco Bell) with them omitting the seasoning from the breading (:gonk:)

Certainly not something that makes you feel good after eating it however

WITCHCRAFT
Aug 28, 2007

Berries That Burn
Circa 2008-2009 I remember the "roasted" or whatever unfried version of the double down being keto-friendly and still tasting good. It was still your cheat meal for the week and an absolute grease bomb; but very satisfying without blowing your carb intake while you try to maintain ketosis.

Wish they still had the roasted unbreaded chicken bits. You can do that at home for cheap and low effort but it was nice to have a fast food option for low carb that tastes good and you don't have to make a custom order with lots of edits

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boner M
Sep 21, 2021

by Hand Knit
Its called the Double Down because when the doctor says you have to change your diet you double down on bad eating because hes a pussy elite