Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

Salt in the wound eases the soul.

Gonna be a GJ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Mordekai posted:

Gonna be a GJ

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

egm and edge have aged the best of 90s/00s mags.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

STONE COLD 64 posted:

egm and edge have aged the best of 90s/00s mags.

Game informer isn't terrible, they have a lot of dev interviews which are fun to read and their reviews have mostly stood up well.

There's a lot of UK based gaming magazines and just reading them a little bit reminds you how that entire island is full of absolute perverts.

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

I've always had a soft spot for CVG. Just read the article right before the release of Mario 64 where they are theroycrafting based on screenshots. It owns

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

They also got a page where people sent in drawings

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Mordekai posted:

They also got a page where people sent in drawings

lol

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

I had an EGM subscription for a bulk of my formative years, it was good poo poo

Mordekai
Sep 6, 2006

And the "pitch us your game idea" section

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Kinda an obscure request, trying to find the Nintendo Power contest for Automobili Lamborghini where 2nd prize was a leather jacket. I think it might have been around issue 103 but not sure.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Kinda an obscure request, trying to find the Nintendo Power contest for Automobili Lamborghini where 2nd prize was a leather jacket. I think it might have been around issue 103 but not sure.

i think it would have been after that, i was still getting Nintendo Power at that point and i don't remember it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Here you go it’s issue 105

https://datassette.nyc3.cdn.digitaloceanspaces.com/revistas/nintendo_power_105_-_fevereiro_1998.pdf

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Cool thanks! I still have that jacket dunno where the game ended up.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Cool thanks! I still have that jacket dunno where the game ended up.

You should throw it on ebay and let people bid on it. You'd be surprised. Legit some mallow plushie from Super mario rpg just sold for like $20,000.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Oh hell yes

https://archive.org/details/next-generation-magazine

OH HELL YES

https://archive.org/details/macaddict

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

You should throw it on ebay and let people bid on it. You'd be surprised. Legit some mallow plushie from Super mario rpg just sold for like $20,000.

That's a good idea, it's still in good shape.

Food Boner
Jul 2, 2005
I remember installing demos from Mac addict on my grandpa's Mac despite him constantly yelling at me for doing so

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
Macaddict was so much fun. I remember on one of the discs there was just a video of them burning a Gateway 2000 PC lol.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

👀👀 what's that? 2 CDs??? hit me!!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

b_d posted:

mmm yummy

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I still have all my CDs from computer gaming world, except the one for Scrapland since I played the demo so much it broke

I wonder if that free trial of WoW still works...

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

b_d posted:

demo CDs were the best poo poo ever. remembering Coconut Monkey & Gravy Trader

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
As a kid I lived off of PC Gamer / Next Generation demo CDs.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I remember one PC Gamer demo disc I got had a bunch of mods for various games, the main one I remember was They Hunger

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

American McGay posted:

As a kid I lived off of PC Gamer / Next Generation demo CDs.

I had more OPM demo discs than I did PS1/2 games lol.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Julius CSAR posted:

Macaddict was so much fun. I remember on one of the discs there was just a video of them burning a Gateway 2000 PC lol.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

walking into barnes and noble and paying $8 for a font magazine

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

elf help book posted:

walking into barnes and noble and paying $8 for a font magazine

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Ok but how do I add sound to a web page?? What’s the secret

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

Larry Parrish posted:

I had more OPM demo discs than I did PS1/2 games lol.

yeah lol i used to steal opm and xbox demo discs out of magazines from the grocery store on the reg. i dont know if they never busted me because they didnt notice or because i shoved them down the crotch of my pants and they didnt want them back at that point

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
lol yeah I would leave the store with my pockets just filled to the brim with stolen demo discs

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009
this rules. thank you OP

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

absolutely anything posted:

yeah lol i used to steal opm and xbox demo discs out of magazines from the grocery store on the reg. i dont know if they never busted me because they didnt notice or because i shoved them down the crotch of my pants and they didnt want them back at that point

go see that record man, with my sticky hands,

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Julius CSAR posted:

lol yeah I would leave the store with my pockets just filled to the brim with stolen demo discs

same, i routinely lifted the demo discs from OPM at my corner bodega until eventually they started putting them behind the counter with the playboys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

STONE COLD 64 posted:

same, i routinely lifted the demo discs from OPM at my corner bodega until eventually they started putting them behind the counter with the playboys

lmao