Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

my only regret is that I never broke the overflow barrier, drat you 16-bit integers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
y’all ever see an extreme couponer in the wild? I’ve read some of the blogs and it’s amazing as it is deeply indicative of something off.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

teen witch posted:

y’all ever see an extreme couponer in the wild? I’ve read some of the blogs and it’s amazing as it is deeply indicative of something off.

Only once, ages ago when I worked nights and she was conscientious enough to do her shopping at like 1 am while she held up a line buying $300 worth of groceries for $1.89.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

Only once, ages ago when I worked nights and she was conscientious enough to do her shopping at like 1 am while she held up a line buying $300 worth of groceries for $1.89.

I've heard stories like that, but how can that even work? Are they just buying whatever they have coupons for, not the specific groceries they need?

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

you ever just walk out with free cheese when you dont like the parmesan prices? just look busy and purposeful and white and male (but not like a methhead).

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

A Strange Aeon posted:

I've heard stories like that, but how can that even work? Are they just buying whatever they have coupons for, not the specific groceries they need?

I can only stomach the show for minutes at a time before my blood feels itchy, but the show extreme couponing it’s basically rules lawyering, min-maxing and a lot of red flags. Some doubt that it’s 100 percent legit but it is airing on TLC so.

E: tldr; a symptom of a catastrophically failing world

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

I have known only one extreme couponer in my life, but they were okay in my book, because they donated basically everything they bought to food banks and homeless shelters.

ETA: Also that show used to be more accurate to life, but it's not as easy to make out like that anymore, because a lot of stores caught on and have modified their coupon policies.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

AngryRobotsInc posted:

I have known only one extreme couponer in my life, but they were okay in my book, because they donated basically everything they bought to food banks and homeless shelters.

ETA: Also that show used to be more accurate to life, but it's not as easy to make out like that anymore, because a lot of stores caught on and have modified their coupon policies.

Yeah if it goes to a good place gently caress yeah! also yeah I can’t imagine sharing the secrets is sustainable

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

teen witch posted:

Those people are the loving worst. There was one lady at a store I worked at that had binders full of coupons for everything. She'd wait for a sale like, Buy 2 air fresheners Get 2 free, and give me 4 coupons for them. You don't get discounts on free items! She'd have the entire shelves of shampoo and dish soap in her cart, with coupons for every last bottle. No one needs that much soap for anything ever, and now there's nothing for the other shoppers.

It got to the point where I'd read through her entire stack of coupons and be like, "limit 2, expired, must buy 3..." etc and hand them back. Because there's always something screwy with her coupons and she'd always bitch about being called on them.

Gotta love the counterfeit coupons that were $5.00 off a $3.00 item, too.

This woman got 12 years in prison for it
. Get hosed.

I'm so glad I don't work retail anymore.

Waffle! fucked around with this message at 21:23 on Oct 27, 2021

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

A Strange Aeon posted:

buff stacking exploits plus (mostly) whining to the GMs until they get their way so they'll gently caress off

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Oct 27, 2021

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

OPAONI posted:

Doesn't bad meth make your skin rot?

No. It can cause people to damage their skin since they cease taking care of their hygiene. And if you are injecting it it can cause the same kind of issues as any iv drug user might have. Meth itself doesn't do anything to your skin though

In this case there was no doubt. Absolutely massive welts with disgusting colors and the telltale dot in the middle where the bite occurred. Clearly fresh too, I believed him when he told me that they all happened earlier that day

I hope he was okay in the end

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

teen witch posted:

I haven't, but as far as I know it goes hand in hand with hoarding.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Arsenic Lupin posted:

I haven't, but as far as I know it goes hand in hand with hoarding.

Oh 100%. I've only known of one person who was doing it despite being from a wealthy family and now being in a comfortable living situation. They also incessantly visit garage sales and thrift stores dragging their poor husband along even while on vacation. Nothing wrong with browsing a garage sale, but demanding your husband stop talking to his friends so he get back to spending his weekend driving around aimlessly searching for garage sales with the only reward being more crap isn't ideal.

They weren't even flipping the stuff or eating most of the food. Just tossing it on the floor and getting back out there.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

My wife tried couponing for a while but it was too much of a pain in the rear end to go buy sales circulars and keep binders. We do still have about 20 bottles of Suave left, a shampoo nobody uses.

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Szyznyk posted:

My wife tried couponing for a while but it was too much of a pain in the rear end to go buy sales circulars and keep binders. We do still have about 20 bottles of Suave left, a shampoo nobody uses.

Donate it to a shelter. The youth shelter around here specifically requests Suave.

Sometimes they bag the milk horizontally. I hate that. They don't shelve it horizontally! Why is it ok to bag it horizontally?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

theres a guy who shops where i work that claims that trump has him on speed dial and asks him about vitamins.

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL
Feb 21, 2006

Holy Moly! DARKSEID IS!

A place I used to work at (now closed) we let customers attach a credit card to their pharmacy account to allow for faster checkout, meaning if they had an RX to pick up they could also charge other merchandise to the same account. One absolute scumbag of a woman would use her disabled mom’s account to buy whatever, usually loading up her cart then arguing and nitpicking the cost of every item and leaving half of it (I’m convinced she was a hoarder, most of it was soap, room sprays, etc.). After one incidence of this I told management “you’re handling this from now on” and every time daughter showed up I paged them immediately. Mom thankfully caught on quick because after a discussion with district management daughter was told she could strictly use the credit account for pharmacy ONLY. I wasn’t there the day it went down but elder-abusing Karen apparently had a massive shitfit that somehow ended in her purposely spilling cereal and milk all over the front entrance to the store and leaving. Never saw her after that and I assume she got banned; mom began getting her meds delivered after that.

As a customer I once had a guy behind me get pissed I wasn’t loading the belt fast enough and started wordlessly pulling things out of my cart. I “EXCUSE YOU”’D loudly and put him in his place to where he stopped and didn’t say a loving word. I have no idea what the gently caress with that one.

I haven’t been inside a grocery store in a couple years thanks to the pandemic and am not looking forward to going frankly; at least I’ve visually aged enough that I might be able to get away with “nega-Karen screams at rear end in a top hat” the next time I encounter some jackass getting uppity toward employees.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
ive seen at least three different middle age guys with their phones out come into the grocery store i use with no mask on (we still have a mask mandate here), wander up and down every aisle, seemingly looking for someone to say something, then leave without buying anything

i don't even think it's a bad experience it's just loving weird

spouse
Nov 10, 2008

When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Waffle! posted:

Gotta love the counterfeit coupons that were $5.00 off a $3.00 item, too.

This woman got 12 years in prison for it
. Get hosed.

I'm so glad I don't work retail anymore.

Oh poo poo! I remember I worked at a Walmart when 4chan started posting 100% off type coupon codes that worked on our registers. I remember more than once just having to explain to some greasy gently caress that, no, I'm sorry, but I'm not losing my job over your pretend coupon we both know you got off /b/, Ubisoft doesn't have a manufacturer coupon out for $60 off Assassin's Creed.

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

Dreylad posted:

ive seen at least three different middle age guys with their phones out come into the grocery store i use with no mask on (we still have a mask mandate here), wander up and down every aisle, seemingly looking for someone to say something, then leave without buying anything

i don't even think it's a bad experience it's just loving weird

The last few times I've been to Aldi there's been at least one rear end in a top hat going around without a mask and practically daring people to make something of it.

COVID-19 and the associated lockdowns have broken a lot of peoples brains.

Local Weather
Feb 12, 2005

Don't worry, I'll give you a sign. The sign will be that life is awesome

Tarkus posted:

I've heard that in the states that some grocery stores still takes cheques. Is that true?

The company I work for now makes millions off of depositing checks via mobile apps. Checks may be slowly declining in the US but they're not going anywhere anytime soon.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

spouse posted:

Oh poo poo! I remember I worked at a Walmart when 4chan started posting 100% off type coupon codes that worked on our registers. I remember more than once just having to explain to some greasy gently caress that, no, I'm sorry, but I'm not losing my job over your pretend coupon we both know you got off /b/, Ubisoft doesn't have a manufacturer coupon out for $60 off Assassin's Creed.

I had one bold idiot bring in a lovely b&w blurry, printed off an inkjet printer "coupon" for a free Xbox 360. This was when they were still $200 to $300.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Edmund Sparkler posted:

I had one bold idiot bring in a lovely b&w blurry, printed off an inkjet printer "coupon" for a free Xbox 360. This was when they were still $200 to $300.

How do you handle it? Like get a manager over? I’d just be too dumbfounded at the audacity.

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

teen witch posted:

Anyway, here in Sweden people have a tendency to sort of stop in the middle of shopping aisles and kind of form a twenty yard stare at a product for a minute and it’s super annoying when it happens multiple times a shopping trip. Coupled with the fact that saying excuse me when trying to pass through, even though they have a word that easily fulfills that purpose, isn’t too much of a thing here, makes shopping just downright irritating sometimes.

Anyway I gotta make an ICA run y’all need anything?

You could have seen me at Coop or ICA doing this, or Systemet. Sorry!

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

teen witch posted:

How do you handle it? Like get a manager over? I’d just be too dumbfounded at the audacity.

I was the manager that got called over and we told the customer that it wasn't a valid coupon, nobody is giving XBOXes away for free. We couldn't call him a thief or anything because then we'd get in trouble, lol. Just told him not to believe everything you find on the internet.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Had a guy come through my line with half a liter of chocolate milk. He assured us he had been the one to open it, and paid for it without a fuss. Guess he really wanted refreshment while shopping.

Foxfire_
Nov 8, 2010

Today at the safeway, some kids started launching plastic bottles of juice across the store over the aisle dividers. My guess is they were pulling security away from the doors while their friends stole beer :shrug:?

A customer started yelling at them after a bottle almost smashed her kid in the head and then they ran.

pnac attack
Jul 7, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Hyrax Attack! posted:

Had a guy come through my line with half a liter of chocolate milk. He assured us he had been the one to open it, and paid for it without a fuss. Guess he really wanted refreshment while shopping.

that was me, nerd

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Hyrax Attack! posted: