Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sisterSyzygy

The funk soul brother at the back of her head has gone dark. Forever.

see above. landlord turned da central cooling off too early. what should i do while i wait for it to get cool tonight

cat tax:

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

the apartment is so warm that the hot thread tag that was used even autobanned the op

Quickly yobbers, assemble and let's help this friend who even paid the cat tax, so once back there are lots of solutions to try out!!

Ass-penny

I was impressed by the cat fwiw

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Escape From Noise

I...I didn't know we were supposed to chill so literally!

Stoner Sloth

rear end-penny posted:

I was impressed by the cat fwiw

:same: a majestic kitty - and thanks GaG and whoever else is helping, was concerned when i saw that the poor orb had accidentally auto-banned and it's mighty BYOB of you to give them a hand!

Rosettas posted:

see above. landlord turned da central cooling off too early. what should i do while i wait for it to get cool tonight

cat tax:

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

anyway on to the subject matter - first off OP, that sucks that your landlord did that

drink lots of water (maybe a liter an hour), maybe some isotonic stuff every fourth time u have water - hopefully you'll be too busy peeing to notice the heat! find something tasty and preferably light to eat

also i like ice cold ciders or maybe the occasional mojito or a gin when it is hot

if you have friends nearby who have a cooler place to stay then that can be a great excuse to visit pals and have some fun! (hopefully with everyone vaccinated of course!)

going walking at night can be good if heat has built up at your place too, something music is a good distraction

hope that helps at least a little Rosettas, stay safe in the heat and hope it cools down and gives you a break!

oh and one more thing, posting with pals is always cool so feel free to stick around and chill!!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Yoooo, lemme talk to your landlord, that sucks.

Do you live in a humid place? If not, do you have ice in your freezer, or access to $5 that you can spare? Put a fan in blowing over a tray of ice. Point it at you.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD

my AC has been busted since like july, i feel for you OP. i hope it cools down for us both soon!

on the other hand the sun should like, loving chill out, since it's god drat october and it's still getting up to 85F here. gently caress off sun

Ventral EggSac

I 👏 love 👏 that 👏 cat

gently caress your LL

Manifisto

you've gotten some excellent advice so far op! other suggestions include cold showers, spending your days in a chilly place (e.g. the supermarket), and/or picking up a sword and going east to meet the sun and challenge them to a duel. you could also challenge your landlord to a duel, or if you're not the dueling type a rap battle. or just bring it/them some cookies and/or a nice cup of coffee/tea and talk it out, that's a very byob solution.

ty nesamdoom!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Escape From Noise posted:

I...I didn't know we were supposed to chill so literally!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Twenty Four

Tell your landlord that you not only paid :10bux: for posting an auto ban thread with the hot tag because of their actions, but that your posting time is invaluable, along with your byob buddies, so they pretty much owe you free utilities for life unless they want a class action lawsuit on their hands, and that you have our lawyer Leonard J. Crabs on retainer.

Dr. Chainsaws PhD

give your landlord an izuna drop

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

is there a maximum temperature for apartments in your area? if so and your landlord is not keeping it working range, you could have grounds to withhold rent (I am not a lawyer)

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

biosterous

wow 85C seems way too hot yikes!!!

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Robot Made of Meat

boo-osterous posted:

wow 85C seems way too hot yikes!!!

85F seems lovely to me atm.

If OP could give me the landlord's address, I'll happily send him my heating bills so I can achieve such a blissful warmness.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

OP tell me where to go and I will fight your landlord in a parking lot right now

sisterSyzygy

hello i'm back. it was 83 yesterday in the apartment. the cat has been liking the wind

Manifisto

Rosettas posted:

hello i'm back. it was 83 yesterday in the apartment. the cat has been liking the wind

:toot: glad you're back! sorry about the whole autoban thing

your cat is magnificent

ty nesamdoom!

sisterSyzygy

Manifisto posted:

:toot: glad you're back! sorry about the whole autoban thing

your cat is magnificent

i paid my tithe like a blood vessel to a vampire. new avatar lol

thank you he bit me like 3 minutes ago. he's 4 months old and named Nero

Stoner Sloth

Rosettas posted:

i paid my tithe like a blood vessel to a vampire. new avatar lol

thank you he bit me like 3 minutes ago. he's 4 months old and named Nero

cat name - appartment temperature combo

hot cocoa on the couch

Stoner Sloth posted:

dang, that's a tough combo to land too

https://i.imgur.com/W7qTiB3.mp4

a LEGENDARY sig by the LEGENDARY LAP

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

Stoner Sloth posted:

lmbo

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
stay safe, emperor cat. also OP

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Look at my rap sheet.

LOOK AT IT!

THAT'S RIGHT! AUTOBANNED!

I'm sorry your apartment's the First Circle of Hell, OP :smith:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Bacon Taco

Now with extra narwhal meat!
HAIKOOLIGAN

Twenty Four posted:

Tell your landlord that you not only paid :10bux: for posting an auto ban thread with the hot tag because of their actions, but that your posting time is invaluable, along with your byob buddies, so they pretty much owe you free utilities for life unless they want a class action lawsuit on their hands, and that you have our lawyer Leonard J. Crabs on retainer.

That is still a chill and good thing to point out to your LL, because it's not a threat. Also Leonard J. Crabs is on an actual retainer like he wore when he was in junior high school, and he'll end up settling for a hot dog for himself and two hot dogs for you.

Better Get Crabs!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

Stoner Sloth posted:

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

dang, that's a tough combo to land too