Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

“Occultism Expert to Aisle Over here, Occultism expert to aisle over here” I announce in the Buffalo Wild Wings, slightly buzzed from my Miller high life and garlic ginger boneless wings. I look for movement in the crowd, I’m good at reading that sort of thing from my experience observing people waiting in line for expertly prepared deli products.

I feel saucy and energized, and order a half lb of spicy sweet teriyaki as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Adbert is no expert but has done a fair bit of reading in his day about the occult and would like to attempt to glean something from the book (presumably with a large penalty on the roll.)

He places a phone call to a local rube named Jeb, agrees on a price and requests the winch truck be dropped off at the bww.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Adbert is no expert but has done a fair bit of reading in his day about the occult and would like to attempt to glean something from the book (presumably with a large penalty on the roll.)

He places a phone call to a local rube named Jeb, agrees on a price and requests the winch truck be dropped off at the bww.

:rolldice:
Too arcane. Seems to be a cross between a journal or diary, and a reference book, dictionary or something?
Jeb's ret to do it but refuses to drop the truck off at night unless you pay absolutely deranged extra costs.

sugar free jazz posted:

“Occultism Expert to Aisle Over here, Occultism expert to aisle over here” I announce in the Buffalo Wild Wings, slightly buzzed from my Miller high life and garlic ginger boneless wings. I look for movement in the crowd, I’m good at reading that sort of thing from my experience observing people waiting in line for expertly prepared deli products.

I feel saucy and energized, and order a half lb of spicy sweet teriyaki as well.

:rolldice:
There's some shifty types who seem slightly uncomfortable at your yelling about the occult.

Bulgaroctonus posted:

>remember vaguely he had a gig
>stumbled over to BWW and plays his saw with Tom Petty and the Butt Fuckers. It’s mostly Slayer covers.
>crawls back to the shack, asks about the library and if anyone is going again. While pretending he’s totally not throwing up in his mouth and swallowing it, talks about literature.
>curls up with a piss soaked copy of the Long Goodbye; pisses himself (heroically).

They say god smiles upon drunks and fools and you do all this without any problems whatsoever, and the CURSE MONSTERS roaming the streets don't bother you.

titty_baby_ posted:

>Colten, Trim, and the girls convince Todd he can fight a few skeletons. After all, he is on the wrestling team and does steroids. As soon as Todd steps out of the suv they slam and lock the doors behind him. Colten takes another tiktok as Trim floors the gas. As they speed off Trim shouts "you know i would get in a lot of trouble if my moms SUV gets scratched up and it already smells like weed im sorry Trim but we know you can make it back okay also sorry you left the weed in here too".

:rolldice: the skeletons CRIT
When Todd realizes what you're doing he hardens up and starts fighting. At first the skins vs skulls match goes well and you're getting some incredible shots as the SUV pulls away -- directly into MORE SKELETONS, this time they have old timey helmets and weapons and stuff. One's able to smash the driver side window, and you lose control.

DEAD MANS CURVE claims yet more victims.

---

DAWN of the 14th.

CASTLE DRACULA evaporates with the morning mist.
Death count since the 10th is SIX.
No one has located the SECRET ENTRANCE, so you can't try to kill DRACULA while he sleeps.

Put in your daytime actions now. I'll try to update sorta regular

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Ok I use the corpse as halloween decorations for my decrepit mansion. I screw around on my computer and watch youtube videos until dawn.

Your loyal SKELETON BUTLER knocks gently on your coffin. "Dreadfully sorry to disturb you sir, it seems the INQUISITION has arrived."

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Oct 14, 2021

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR

Snr. Buttz wakes up with a bad hangover and realizes he's supposed to be hunting DRACULA

I figure my best bet is to meet up with the ol' gang at BWW to give those nerds some much needed muscle, so I hop in my 1992 crown vic (police auction) and put the pedal to the metal.

On the way over I stop at 7-11 to buy jerky and gatorade (road snacks)

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Adbert slits his throat deeply, bleeding out within moments

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Jim surrenders to the inquisition because Nigmaetcetera’s loving monitor is fried and he doesn’t want to play on his tablet. He surrenders in an extremely cowardly way and offers sexual favors to the inquisitors in exchange for only a few more precious seconds of life.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

>Bulgaroctonus III does some light summoning and goes outside stripped to the waist and yells “come at me bro!!” in the direction of Dracula’s castle. He’s also very drunk, so his blood should cause a penalty in any vamps or draculas that eat him, hopefully giving other adventurers an upper hand.

“It’s Halloween for fucks sake, you loving c***!”

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hmg36doiG4

Dracula, who was completely asleep this entire time and forgot to do anything, AWAKES

Nigmaetcetera posted:

Jim surrenders to the inquisition because Nigmaetcetera’s loving monitor is fried and he doesn’t want to play on his tablet. He surrenders in an extremely cowardly way and offers sexual favors to the inquisitors in exchange for only a few more precious seconds of life.

They're real assholes about it and use their mage powers to gently caress up your entire estate and crush your skeleton butler. After you surrender they keep trying to do hosed up poo poo like dump holy water on you, jab you with crucifixes, all that type of bs, so you pull the SECRET PASSAGE lever and escape into the LABRYNTH that connects to CASTLE DRACULA

Bulgaroctonus posted:

>Bulgaroctonus III does some light summoning and goes outside stripped to the waist and yells “come at me bro!!” in the direction of Dracula’s castle. He’s also very drunk, so his blood should cause a penalty in any vamps or draculas that eat him, hopefully giving other adventurers an upper hand.

“It’s Halloween for fucks sake, you loving c***!”

Lightning strikes ominously and the front doors to the castle are thrown open violently!

There's some monsters milling around in there, should be no match for VAMPIRE HUNTERS

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

>puts dirty shirt back on, grabs shotgun, asks out loud if any other hunters are around (if not curses them for being pussies and having more fun stuff to do on Halloween).

>enters castle, tries to make friends before immediately slaying everything in sight

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Inside are SKELETONS and FISHMEN. "Hey buddy, you come to join the ARMY OF DARKNESS?"

To the left is a door to HAUNTED GARDENS, to the back is the MAIM HALL, there's also a door to the SKULLERY, or you can go UPSTAIRS. if you can get past the monsters

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Just to be clear, I want to try and make friends with the monsters, not immediately slay them. I ask them how things are going, just trying to be friendly here. Offer everyone a drink and suggest maybe jamming a bit on musical saw and whatever instruments monsters play (unless it’s ukelele, that’s when shotguns happen). Also ask about the Army of Darkness and the Skullery.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

Also, 1930’s cartoons are any indication, the SKELLETONS are amazing drummers and I have no idea what the gently caress FISHMEN get up to. Maybe they sing real purty?

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Fishmen are basically constantly drinking and are down to party. They offer to take you down to the SKULLERY to transform you into a skeleton so you can join DRACULAS ARMY OF EVIL

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

“But I already am a skeleton, just wrapped in flesh. Also I like me cock even if no one else does. We can party, but if I’m turning into anything it’s a FISHMAN.” SKELLETONS can’t drink without the fleshy bits ya dummies.”
: )

“Maybe we can go upstairs? Sorry if that sounds a bit toward. How ‘bout them HAUNTED GARDENS?”

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

>looks at indoor sundial

“Holy sheep poo poo!! There’s only about an hour to go!!! Can y’all point me towards that Dracula fellow? Still wanna party and do fishman stuff with y’all later, just remembered I got a mission here.”

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Alex McAllister attempts to loot to the castle treasure room while the skeletons and fishermen are distracted.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Bulgaroctonus posted:

“But I already am a skeleton, just wrapped in flesh. Also I like me cock even if no one else does. We can party, but if I’m turning into anything it’s a FISHMAN.” SKELLETONS can’t drink without the fleshy bits ya dummies.”
: )

“Maybe we can go upstairs? Sorry if that sounds a bit toward. How ‘bout them HAUNTED GARDENS?”

Bulgaroctonus posted:

>looks at indoor sundial

“Holy sheep poo poo!! There’s only about an hour to go!!! Can y’all point me towards that Dracula fellow? Still wanna party and do fishman stuff with y’all later, just remembered I got a mission here.”

"Oh yeah hang a left and then go up thru the LIBRARY, there's some hidden door around that way."
in the GARDENS there's a a MYSTERIOUS HOTTIE hanging out near the giant flowers.

Sophy Wackles posted:

Alex McAllister attempts to loot to the castle treasure room while the skeletons and fishermen are distracted.

You STEALTH past them and are able to get upstairs. There are doors to the DECREPIT LIBRARY and CLOCK TOWER up here.

Bulgaroctonus
Dec 31, 2008

>inspects giant flowers, says a polite “howdy, ma’am” to the MYSTERIOUS HOTTIE.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

SniperWoreConverse posted:

You STEALTH past them and are able to get upstairs. There are doors to the DECREPIT LIBRARY and CLOCK TOWER up here.

>switch the signs on the doors then enter the clock tower and climb the stairs.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Bulgaroctonus posted:

>inspects giant flowers, says a polite “howdy, ma’am” to the MYSTERIOUS HOTTIE.

"Hey stud haven't seen u around here before"
The flowers are enormous and have sharp looking spines. It's humid af in here and basically everything's dripping wet

Sophy Wackles posted:

>switch the signs on the doors then enter the clock tower and climb the stairs.

you do so and find some kickass ORNATE AXES
But you also hear the screeching of HARPIES!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

>put priceless axes in pack and sprint downstairs to the gardens

>use inventory item garlic (onions) on Bulgaroctonus III to lure the harpies to him