Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

They're not scary in the slightest, but every year I watch the Roger Corman Edgar Allen Poe (and one H.P. Lovecraft) movies. I mainly watch for Vincent Price and Peter Lorre.

They are
The Masque of the Red Death (favorite)
Tales of Terror (second favorite)
House of Usher
The Raven (more of a comedy)
The Pit and the Pendulum
The Haunted Palace (the H.P. Lovecraft one)
The Tomb of Ligeia

I've never seen The Premature Burial. Might check it out this year.

I of course watch more recent, and actual horror around halloween, but watching those films is like a ritual for me.

Linux Pirate fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Oct 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TravellinDan
Feb 20, 2006

Wa...ter?
If you wanna watch horror movies but your housemates don't, the horror-comedy Dude Bro Party Massacre 3 should appease everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wpmJrjtS_I

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

TravellinDan posted:

If you wanna watch horror movies but your housemates don't, the horror-comedy Dude Bro Party Massacre 3 should appease everyone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_wpmJrjtS_I

I second this. It's a lot of fun.

I have a weeklyish movie night with a couple friends, and it tends toward stupid, fun, and stupid fun. This one was a hit, as were Poultrygeist (a Troma film, from the same director as Toxic Avenger), Killer Sofa, and Velocipastor. That first one has a lot of South Park style juvenile edginess, but if that doesn't bother you it's another one of those that's best to go in blind.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Watched Malignant a few days ago, it was terrible. But it's a James Wan movie, thats to be expected.

The Empty Man is really good.

These were all in the mediocre-decent range, definitely watchable:

Gaia
The Unholy
Eye Without a Face
Caveat
Superhost