Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
what is it??
straight: its a drug kinda like weed op
angry: eat my rear end op u loving anal seepage
sarcastic: as if you never indulged in paint huffing op
cancel
View Results

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
Kratom, or ketum in my native tongue, is such a common, traditional opioid here that despite its illegality my dad grows it in the backyard of my parents' place. It's usually consumed as a herbal drink but that poo poo is nasty, so the younger gen tends to turn it into some kind of a lean drink by adding cough syrup and whichever carbonated soda they prefer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

Ad by Khad posted:

Diet Heroin

Thinking back to the fiendish behavior on display back when potent FSTs flowed like water, it’s true.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

down n out posted:

Thinking back to the fiendish behavior on display back when potent FSTs flowed like water, it’s true.

Ngl FST at its peak was way stronger while active than any buzz i ever got with percocet or fentanyl

Also da joose is nothing like ambien. It's Xanax, but with a 3x longer half life and a commensurate dose response curve and far less euphoria so you don't notice how hosed you are from eyeballing your 20mg dose, aiming for 1-2mg, straight out of that 10g sack you got from Chengdu; so you dose up a few more times, but it's a benzo so it isn't toxic and by t+6h from that first dose you've taken a loan from a mobster for a grand piano and are sleeping it off in a county jail some 6h away from your home in another state

The stories were really funny but also terrifying

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

kratom is about the most innocuous poo poo i can think of. it's like an opiate, but taking enough to get genuinely high off of it is impossible because it's this nasty powder poo poo. also just as you feel like you are about to feel really good, it suddenly makes you dizzy and throw up.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
So can kratom get you hosed up or what? I'd be down for legal drugs. I can't drink anymore but I'm open to other options. Although I really..... really shouldn't, mental-health-wise.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

it doesn't seem very addictive to me but if you've had serious issues with substance abuse before i would probably stay away from it.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Opioids are always to be treated as opioids and your subjective sense of their potency means precicely dick; and you've got it backwards. It's immensely intensely good for opioid addicted folks who wish to get away from pharma opioids or heroin, as maintenance medication, esp in areas where there is no expanded medicaid or affordable suboxone therapy.

For non addicts, It's a dangerous stepping stone to harder poo poo. It's an opioid, you will get addicted like any other opioid. Nobody is special, your sense of it as innocuous doesn't exempt it from the realities of how our brain chemistry works vOv

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Riot Bimbo posted:

Opioids are always to be treated as opioids and your subjective sense of their potency means precicely dick; and you've got it backwards. It's immensely intensely good for opioid addicted folks who wish to get away from pharma opioids or heroin, as maintenance medication, esp in areas where there is no expanded medicaid or affordable suboxone therapy.

For non addicts, It's a dangerous stepping stone to harder poo poo. It's an opioid, you will get addicted like any other opioid. Nobody is special, your sense of it as innocuous doesn't exempt it from the realities of how our brain chemistry works vOv

you forgot the mic drop at the end

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

the active chemical is an alkaloid, not opiod. yes its opiod like but not actually an opiod. i took it for years and quit cold turkey and the only withdrawal symptom i had was my poo poo schedule became more consistent.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Riot Bimbo posted:

i'm just posting my subjective opinion. if you disagree with it, i don't care.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
lol for real though "it doesn't seem very strong" or "i didn't see what the big deal was" is like every persons first post about opiates before they get hooked

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

it's the drug of choice for people who use a shopping cart for their daily commute

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Salt Fish posted:

lol for real though "it doesn't seem very strong" or "i didn't see what the big deal was" is like every persons first post about opiates before they get hooked

i felt the same thing about crack when i first smoked it 20 years ago but i never got hooked on that. so there

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Riot Bimbo posted:

Ngl FST at its peak was way stronger while active than any buzz i ever got with percocet or fentanyl

the FST and "Enhanced" powder coming from Speciosa.com back in the late 2000's/early 2010's was GCMS'ed by a German(?) iirc company and found to have a rather potent fent analogue in it, suddenly all the FST/enhanced-bali is pulled, and they come out with a new formulation and stop shipping to anywhere but the continental US. Everyone complains because the real heavy addicts of the FST are going through actual straight up fent w/d's, and the light users are yammering "it's just not the same!"

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Opioids are poo poo and I've had too many friends die from it. I got addicted to Valium because I trusted a well respected (I thought) doctor who ended up prescribing a regime that ultimate included "always have at least one a day". That GP is no longer allowed to practice medicine after another patient got the same regime but died.

I loving hate opioids. I've had meth 1.5 times, that was better and I didn't feel the need to continue. Acid, MDMA, weed, whatever. They're all loving fine compared to benzos that get handed out like candy. gently caress benzos. gently caress opioids. gently caress it all. I'm sick of watching people die.

The worst part is Valium was my single favourite high, and I will never, ever touch heroin because the moment I do I know I'm dead.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

just smoke weed

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

i love drug mud

Brolander
Oct 20, 2008

i am but a vessel
a miserable pile of tree bits

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
My last roommate would occasionally blend up kratom smoothies and chug rotgut, bottom shelf gin, and then without fail sleep in through this loudass alarm he'd set for work the next day. Like an hour plus of an old school blaring klaxon alarm each time. The fuckin' neighbors heard it, too.
I swear to God I thought he was fuckin dead once. My boyfriend was over and was like why the gently caress isn't he getting up with this alarm going off? So then we knock on the door and I see roommate on the bed not moving. I tell my boyfriend this all freaked out and he's getting his phone to call an ambulance as I was trying to shake roommate awake and he started stirring. Dude just rolls over, shuts off his alarm, and mumbles through calling out from work for the day and goes back to sleep.

Seems like a pretty good time I guess?

RapturesoftheDeep
Jan 6, 2013
Just today I walked by a kratom place and almost went in because I need to explore a new drug if Covid stays this bad here but then I decided not to because I don't like opioids and I associate it with my niece's lovely boyfriend who never shuts up about Bitcoin. This thread has convinced me I made the right decision.

I did salvia a bunch of times and never thought spending 3 minutes being a cactus on someone's front lawn was anything more than a nice way to spice up a slow Saturday night. Some of y'all must have gotten stronger stuff than me or are just not cut out to be psychonauts the way I am.

Is that available anywhere now? Even if it were, I'd be leery because supposedly everything has fentanyl and research chemicals in it these days. Are the places that sell big bottles of DXM tablets reliable at all? It has been a while since I 'tussed up.'

Vitruvian Manic
Dec 5, 2021

by Fluffdaddy

Unsurprisingly: people's brains work differently. For me, 8 pills of kratom is a great way to start the day. Others need some hardcore tinctures. I'm a lightweight with weed, which makes the legalization hard since everything is geared towards freaks or health freaks who essentially want to be sober. Half a gummy works for me. With salvia, I'm more on the "hardcore tincture" end of the spectrum. Just smoking it doesn't do anything but if I smoke an ultra concentrated version? Holy smokes! Sub-DMT but way more intense than mushrooms and acid. I can imagine how, for someone on the lower end of the neurological chemical threshold for saliva, finds it a wild and pleasurable ride.

It's like some of the more complex flavors in sour beers. Because there was no selective pressure, human tastebuds range in sensitivity along several orders of magnitude with those guys. Unlike, say, divisive vegetables where human taste sensitivity ranges in the tens, not thousands.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
So where can I buy safe, decent quality kratom?

Unless I decide that bipolar isn't a good combo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've taken pain pills and kratom doesn't really feel anywhere near as good as them

Kratom makes you feel like just a kind of mild "everything is pretty good". it's similar to opiates in that a cheeseburger is similar to a herd of cows

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
but salvia is great i wanna get some salvia again, it hasn't been legal for what 20 years

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I still have some salvia that I bought like 10 years ago from a gas station.

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
In my experience, Kratom has a very "everything is going to be alright" mood. If you start dosing multiple times a day for weeks/months/years, it loses that charm though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

YoursTruly posted:

In my experience, Kratom has a very "everything is going to be alright" mood. If you start dosing multiple times a day for weeks/months/years, it loses that charm though.

It's a good antidepressant yeah, and also useful as a replacement for caffeine.

It's okay but I never tried it more than a couple times because it's basically impossible to know what the gently caress you're actually buying. There's a brand out of North Carolina that purports to be completely normal kratom leaf (and I believe them) but like, every other Kratom you can get has been imported to a shady head shop by a shady farmer in Indonesia

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

precision posted:

It's a good antidepressant yeah, and also useful as a replacement for caffeine.

It's okay but I never tried it more than a couple times because it's basically impossible to know what the gently caress you're actually buying. There's a brand out of North Carolina that purports to be completely normal kratom leaf (and I believe them) but like, every other Kratom you can get has been imported to a shady head shop by a shady farmer in Indonesia

ahahahahahhaa there is no place on the face of this godforsaken earth half as shady as Lumberton NC

YoursTruly
Jul 29, 2012

Put me in the trash
Recycle Bin
where
I belong.
Blue Velvet is a very good movie.
But have you ever seen it...
On Kratom? :grin:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

shame on an IGA posted:

ahahahahahhaa there is no place on the face of this godforsaken earth half as shady as Lumberton NC

i ain't commenting on the shadiness of Bumfuck NC, but that company honestly is not shady. they're Actual Hippies

hippies love to live in shady places. source: where i live now lmao

edit: to be clear I only believe the NC kratom is not imported Mystery Leaf because i've seen their operation. otherwise yeah i wouldn't buy it either lmao

Bodyholes
Jun 30, 2005

I enjoy kratom but I only ever had it occasionally. The main problem is if you take it after 3pm forget sleeping, and you can't mix it with alcohol, so it's actually difficult to use in a social context, but I did enjoy the feeling.

I used it in the morning to push myself to an earlier schedule when I started a new job. Or on a sunday after a big drinking saturday when I wanted to drink something interesting but not more alcohol.

A-tier legal drug imo. Wouldn't recommend if you have addictive tendencies though.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
You can mix kratom and alcohol

if you really, really want to feel like total rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
something you resort to taking in place of an opiod