Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I've got hundreds of cards from 1992-1995, and doubles of those cards. All in neat little binders.

Some are Fleer Ultra X-Men cards, some are Wolverine cards, I've full sets of Marvel Masterpiece Cards from 1993.

Anyone else?

Oh, and my mother just sent me all her beanie babies because she saw that they're selling for lots of money...which appears to be a scam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I used to have a bunch. I dunno what happened to them though

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
I still have all of mine in a binder somewhere. Also had a few complete sets of the marvel collection of the cards

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I have a full set of the ‘92 MM in a binder along with series 1 and series 2 still in their original tins of those Marvel cards that would come with the old Toybiz figures. It’s funny to look back to see how of them are smoking or how they look like models posing for a shoot.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I have a bunch, but for specific characters (She-Hulk, Black Cat, Black Widow).

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
I don't have a full set, but I do have some in a binder. I also have some promotional uncut sheets.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
Don't have a complete Masterpiece series, but I do have a couple complete Marvel Universe series cards. I was recently blown away by how much sealed boxes of cards are going for online now, especially compared to full sets.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004

GOD IS BED posted:

Don't have a complete Masterpiece series, but I do have a couple complete Marvel Universe series cards. I was recently blown away by how much sealed boxes of cards are going for online now, especially compared to full sets.

I think it's because people just want to relive what they had (or couldn't) in the past. I have a few sets I acquired a couple years back. I grew up broke as a joke so my parents would never, ever give me money for printed paper in sealed foil. I got to watch my friends open up packs and packs of cards at the store and never bought any myself. This one prick kid had seemingly endless amounts of money and bought an entire box of Skybox cards to try and get a Spiderman vs Venom foil card, which he of course got after opening up the 100+ packs of cards. I think the box was something like $150 back then.

I was looking around on eBay and found the full set (including that Spiderman vs Venom card and a bunch of red foil cards that kid had to buy more boxes to get) for way less. I was looking around and eBay has the Spiderman vs. Venom card going for ~50+ now. I think I bought it for $15 a few years ago, so prices are definitely on the up and up.

None of this stuff is an "investment" to me, so if they go down to zero I couldn't care less. I just enjoy the thought of being able to buy all these things I couldn't get as a kid.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

I have a pretty humble collection of these, though they're in pretty good condition. My mate that introduced me to MMC cards also introduced me to MtG and I split my money between the hobbies. I bet I can find em in the next few days and make a post.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

A couple years ago I bought sealed boxes of the Fleer ‘94 X-Men and Spider-Man cards and my god the nostalgia rush.

That art really made such a huge impact on me and my love of the characters.

Then I found out how many variations there were to the chase cards and retailer exclusives and I gave up on trying to complete the collection.

Still love my gold web Venom and Carnage cards though.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Corn Glizzy posted:

A couple years ago I bought sealed boxes of the Fleer ‘94 X-Men and Spider-Man cards and my god the nostalgia rush.

That art really made such a huge impact on me and my love of the characters.

Then I found out how many variations there were to the chase cards and retailer exclusives and I gave up on trying to complete the collection.

Still love my gold web Venom and Carnage cards though.

I've got one of those War Machine Hologram cards...or i did.

I gave all my doubles to my son and sold everything else to a collector for decent money.

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
I have a lot of these as well. Including random cards that were inserts in Wizard and Hero magazine. Are they worth anything? if not I think I'll hand them out at Halloween.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Bonzo posted:

I have a lot of these as well. Including random cards that were inserts in Wizard and Hero magazine. Are they worth anything? if not I think I'll hand them out at Halloween.

I posted my whole set on facebook marketplace and made $250

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Unpacking more of the boxes in my basement in advance of new furniture arriving and I found all my binders of cards. I’ll post some of the ones I love the most shortly.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
I had so many of these as a kid. I’m sure I had a full set and all sorts of holograms. There was also at least one set of marvel cards that were more like baseball cards with stats and things like that, but with more silver-age artwork (or at least traditional comic art, not the fancy stuff on masterpiece)? Am I wrong about that? I think it was before masterpiece. Were there XMen cards too? I have no idea where those went, I had binders full.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

BigFactory posted:

I had so many of these as a kid. I’m sure I had a full set and all sorts of holograms. There was also at least one set of marvel cards that were more like baseball cards with stats and things like that, but with more silver-age artwork (or at least traditional comic art, not the fancy stuff on masterpiece)? Am I wrong about that? I think it was before masterpiece. Were there XMen cards too? I have no idea where those went, I had binders full.

Fleer made Xmen specific cards in at least 94 and 95 that had awesome artwork with baseball stats

Bonzo
Mar 11, 2004

Just like Mama used to make it!
Is there a website or something to track these?

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
Not Marvel Masterpiece, but for Marvel Universe:
https://arena.willparedes.com/marvelcards/

I own Series 2, 4 and 5 from this. Series 4 is the one I am attached to the most because that's what the kids were all raging about and I couldn't afford.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Bank posted:

Not Marvel Masterpiece, but for Marvel Universe:
https://arena.willparedes.com/marvelcards/

I own Series 2, 4 and 5 from this. Series 4 is the one I am attached to the most because that's what the kids were all raging about and I couldn't afford.

I definitely had I think full sets of 1, 2 and 3. 4 looks familiar but I’m not sure if I had those or not. 5 definitely not.

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
Hmm..first one to post pics in this thread, which is a surprise:

The official binder for the cards within (I didn't even know they made these until I bought these from a goon many years ago)

Full page cards (I have a few of these, but not all of them..)

What the cards looked like (weird style for the time, but I think they're cool as heck)

Flair cards which were even weirder. These cards were super thick (I wanna say triple the thickness of a regular card), and bloody expensive when I was a kid. I think they were $5 a pack and had maybe 5 cards in them, so a buck each. I bought full sets (without foils) of these on eBay for a fraction of the price a few years ago.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice
That ultraprint is dope as heck

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Does anyone else remember walmart selling like a Version 2 of Fleer Ultra X-Men in 1994 with Red Foil print instead of the gold?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Marvel Trading Card Thread Wise Fwom Ywor Gwave!!!!

I’m back on the sauce in a big way right now. Just acquired a couple unopened boxes of Fleer ‘94 Ultra X-Men and Amazing Spider-Man.

I’d love to get my hands on a case of the Walmart cards but them shits is like $800-$5,000 each so it’s gonna be a hot minute before I drop that kinda cash.

Mooseontheloose posted:

Does anyone else remember walmart selling like a Version 2 of Fleer Ultra X-Men in 1994 with Red Foil print instead of the gold?

The red logo was the jumbo/hobby retail packaging. The blue lettering is the only Walmart specific packaging I’ve noticed

Bank
Feb 20, 2004
We talking about red foil packaging or the cards themselves? I have these "2099" cards that are from Skybox '93

Yeah, I've got the full set of 9. Got them on eBay for pennies years ago.

Hoping these show up on Antique Roadshow one day with a big price tag yeah right...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Bank posted:

We talking about red foil packaging or the cards themselves? I have these "2099" cards that are from Skybox '93

Yeah, I've got the full set of 9. Got them on eBay for pennies years ago.

Hoping these show up on Antique Roadshow one day with a big price tag yeah right...

Oh good point, I didn’t even consider the foil lettering on the card itself, I was thinking of the packaging with either the blue or red “X-Men” across it.