Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beffica
Apr 6, 2009

by Azathoth
Problem description: Today, Windows decided it just doesn't want to stay asleep, PC boots back on by itself within like 20 seconds of sleep and I can't figure it out unlike every other time I have had this issue

Attempted fixes: Checked most of the usual culprits; USB, Ethernet and those types of obvious wake up gremlins, I think all of them are off and that hasn't helped. Event viewer unhelpful just telling me the wake source is unknown, powercfg didn't really reveal anything either and I have no idea how to run whatever code in Powershell to try and find it that way because I don't grok the interface.

Recent changes: I installed tablet drivers a few weeks ago but I don't think that's the problem since it has been fine all this time until today.

--

Operating system: Windows 8.1 64 bit

System specs: Alienware Alpha ASM100, 8GB RAM, SATA hard drive, i3-4130T @ 2.9 GHz, on board graphics

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes, but I had trouble parsing what solution each OP went with because these other drat tech forums are laid out weird and I should probably go back and read more carefully but I seriously need some rest and relaxation before I try to fix again or give up and disable sleep entirely
Edit: pretty sure this was just a rogue Windows update going on in the background that didn't show up when I was checking Windows update. PC sleeping fine now, sorry for making a whole thread for it :angel:

Beffica fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Oct 19, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU