Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Fritz the Horse posted:

Regarding left vs. liberal, it's worth noting that a large proportion of the active D&D USPol mods identify as communists.

I am a communist, albeit of the depressed variety who thinks that the conditions for creating a communist state don't currently exist in the developed world and the best we can hope for it to make do for the foreseeable future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

A big flaming stink posted:

do you mind recounting how that issue was addressed for those of us that don't post in the thread

No, go read the thread. I'll not post about it further here. If you have any questions, ask them there.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

So as we potentially approach the end of yet another thread, can I request a summary of what the mod team has learned and planns to do, either as the Final Post or an update to the OP?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Muscle Tracer posted:

So as we potentially approach the end of yet another thread, can I request a summary of what the mod team has learned and planns to do, either as the Final Post or an update to the OP?

As I said, we're going to review the thread alongside the admins and we'll post our impressions and plans of action in this thread at a later date, and reopen it for comment then.

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

Deteriorata posted:

No, go read the thread. I'll not post about it further here. If you have any questions, ask them there.

Perhaps the relevant snippets should be posted in the rules thread; if the Media Analysis thread is to act as a de facto rules thread, it seems a bit onerous to expect everyone to read the whole thing.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010

Deteriorata posted:

i have zero interest in reading a thousand post thread i have not ever looked at, and I find myself rather suspicious of your refusal to even summarize what was determined

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Deteriorata posted:

lmao

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

eSports Chaebol posted:

Perhaps the relevant snippets should be posted in the rules thread; if the Media Analysis thread is to act as a de facto rules thread, it seems a bit onerous to expect everyone to read the whole thing.

I've read many pages of the thread, and consider it bad for several different reasons, most of which were enumerated multiple times in this thread and largely ignored, but the worst part is what you've pointed out: that it's a de facto rules thread with posters and mods pointing other posters to read one of the most ideologically homogenous threads on the forum.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Mooseontheloose posted:

If I wasn't clear, my point is that there are people who are using the term liberal to end discussion and not engage with what is being discussed, much like tankie is around here as well.

Yes, I understood what you were saying, which is why I directed it at someone who clearly did not. Because I agree with you.

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

fool of sound posted:

I am a communist, albeit of the depressed variety who thinks that the conditions for creating a communist state don't currently exist in the developed world and the best we can hope for it to make do for the foreseeable future.

OP this is what we call a liberal. "a better world is not possible."

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Koos Group posted:

Liberal tankie here.

lowtax was right to send the tanks into fyad :colbert:

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

TheIncredulousHulk posted:

Taintrunner was very much a lib and I expect most D&D posters who self-identify as communists aren't much different

literally dying lmfao

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

If former C-SPAM superstar taintrunner is now a lib, that's about as much proof as you need that the labels are meaningless.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

HiroProtagonist posted:

OP this is what we call a liberal. "a better world is not possible."

OK commissar

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

1337JiveTurkey posted:

If former C-SPAM superstar taintrunner is now a lib, that's about as much proof as you need that the labels are meaningless.

:confused: Libs are allowed to post in C-SPAM! Many do! Even self-identifying libs are allowed!

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

eSports Chaebol posted:

Since when, what rules are posted there?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

1337JiveTurkey posted:

he was larping OP. his posts didn't reflect his genuine beliefs but rather a sad little boy's imaginary idea of what a soviet supporter would do and say

Fritz the Horse
Dec 26, 2019

... of course!

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

1337JiveTurkey posted:

It's proof that you have no idea what the labels mean.

If you have some aversion to studying leftist thought, then fine. Just take the label? It's not hard to either put some critical thought into it or just self identify as one. The fact that you seem to believe implicitly that it's a negative label does, actually, say a lot.

fool of sound posted:

OK commissar

Thanks, but if I posted this in any discussion thread I'd be probated for it, and you know it.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Koos Group
Mar 6, 2013

I REFUSE TO BAN GENOCIDE DENIAL IN MY SUBFORUM BECAUSE I BELIEVE PEOPLE SHOULD DEBATE THE GENOCIDE DENIERS INSTEAD

I ALSO REPORTED MY TITLE FOR SAYING I IGNORE PMS, VIOLATING D&D RULE II.2.B AS I DIDN'T CITE A SOURCE, THEN DID NOT PAY MONEY TO REWRITE IT BECAUSE I AM UNDER PROTECTION OF THE ADMINS AND I DO NOT IGNORE PMS

THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTINUED SUPPORT OF THE FORUMS BY PURCHASING AVATARS FOR ME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykbkbKszbOo

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Beautiful.

TheIncredulousHulk
Sep 3, 2012

Jazerus posted:

he was larping OP. his posts didn't reflect his genuine beliefs but rather a sad little boy's imaginary idea of what a soviet supporter would do and say

It's this. When discussions actually ranged beyond his affectations, he made it immediately clear he was just a rich guy whose imagination began and ended with BEB. It was extremely funny when he earnestly tried to argue that voting in liberal elections constituted collective proletarian action though lol

e: but yeah there are definitely libs in cspam who manage to not be obnoxious about it. Some of them even post in succ zone

e2: dang I went to go look up an old slapfight I had with him over this exact subject in the old thread and it was exactly one year ago today. Such serendipity

TheIncredulousHulk fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 31, 2021

Epinephrine
Nov 7, 2008
I can't think of a better way to end this thread.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

D&D figuring out where a rapist landlord is on the political spectrum would be something

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

Gumball Gumption posted:

D&D figuring out where a rapist landlord is on the political spectrum would be something

Lets examine the character witnesses:

a tenant
a tenant
a tenant
a random encounter from a bar on travel

from this, we cannot believe that there was anything but a misunderstanding involved. if you claim we're participating in rape apologia, you're actually only engaging in toxic discourse. I have never heard of power dynamics.

Willa Rogers
Mar 11, 2005

I'll need to know who that landlord voted for before I pass final judgment. :raise:

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well hey, whatever the mods do I’m sure we’ll probably all be unhappy with it, and maybe it’ll help a little, or maybe it’ll make it a lot worse, and we’ll all still be miserable at the end. It’s a lot like the Democrats! :v:

Let’s remember that we all share the strange affliction of giving a poo poo about this place and the discussion here, and try to share some sense of camaraderie about that. This thread sure was a thread.

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001

Mellow Seas posted:

Well hey, whatever the mods do I’m sure we’ll probably all be unhappy with it, and maybe it’ll help a little, or maybe it’ll make it a lot worse, and we’ll all still be miserable at the end. It’s a lot like the Democrats! :v:

Let’s remember that we all share the strange affliction of giving a poo poo about this place and the discussion here, and try to share some sense of camaraderie about that. This thread sure was a thread.

libs drool, tankies rule!

Harold Fjord
Jan 3, 2004
Final thought:

I like the liberals that think they are leftist, generally. They are trying to do the right thing despite decades of capitalist ideological indoctrination. I like D&D and want it to be better and stop getting worse (free vitalsigns). This was a good thread. The fundamental problem with D&D is linear posting. We can't not repeat arguments. Koos pointed out this issue, and it's the biggest one. We need an argumans or a kialo. Maybe a forums migration caravan. Or a goon project.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost
Just stop being such huge loving assholes to each other and kick people out who are. That’s it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012