Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

coldpudding posted:

I can only recall a few things before the age of 10, mostly a few bad memories like being forced to stand naked in a freezer at the hospital or getting yelled at and smacked for something I could not understand and being picked up by the ankles and dragged around by a teacher.

I do have this one memory I used to dismiss as fantasy of my mother taking me to a shopping mall that had a river running down the middle, turns out it was actually real.

It was called crocodile creek before it all got demolished.

I had something like this too, I had a memory as a little kid of being in this place for some kind of event, I think it had something to do with Fox Kids. I remember it being in this weird building that was like an old fashioned town but inside, and then learning about electricity. Eventually I convinced myself it had been a dream cuz there was no place like that around that I knew of.

But it was real, it was the old autoworld building
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Uss0mrf4yA

Long gone now :(

I also remember being at a mall I called the "pretzel mall" (cuz there was that pretzel place that's in every mall and I always got a pretzel when I went. I also embarrassed my mom there by loudly asking "why do fat people smell like pretzels?"), they had a display you walked through with giant insects. Not much to that memory other than me walking through it with my pretzel looking up at a giant praying mantis thinking it was the coolest thing ever.

Edit: Holy poo poo now that I'm remembering more I was really fat-phobic or something as a kid. I remember being at a wedding, and I had gotten cake on my hands so I had to go wipe it off. But there was a very large lady sitting there and I couldn't get around her. So I just start pushing on her with my cake hands and my mom comes running over, and, as a huge pee-wee fan I just say "mom it's large marge!"

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Oct 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
I was born in '83. Don't remember too much of the 80s, but a lot of the 90s.