Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Evil Badman
Aug 19, 2006

Skills include:
EIGHT-FOOT VERTICAL LEAP

I think they tried to turn it more as the roll-up was "on/in the tacks." It was fine. Good match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zombie Lemur
Jul 6, 2009

Empyrean empties

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

didn't abadon have a whole stable on the indies?

IIRC, it wasn't "her" stable per se.

She was like the end boss of a heel stable.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

TV Zombie posted:

Who teams with a zombie?

Holidead would be a great signing. She's in MLW now but she's been on Dark and has tagged with Thunder Rosa for a long time.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

always wanted a kurt angle and kane long-term tag team back in the day

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Rampagethoughts

Dis is wampage baby

1) Bryan Danielson vs Eddie Kingston. Wow, starting with this is bold. I loved Danielson dragging Knox out of the way in the corner. Wow, these guys are beating the gently caress out of each other. This manages to be super technical and super brutal at the same time. Makes me want Danielson against Nakajima. gently caress, Danielson's chest... Jeez, Danielson is such an incredible seller. An underrated thing about Bryan is how good he is at getting his opponent over. Kingston is obviously great, but Bryan wrestles him like he's a main eventah. Christ, that top rope belly to back suplex. loving hell. Kingston selling by just... dropping. Amazing. gently caress, Eddie's backfist, but they're both too exhausted to do anything about it. I love this goddamn match so much.

Punk interviewed backstage and a HUGELY punchdrunk Kingston starts yelling at him. I would happily watch that.

2) Matt Sydal vs Dante Martin. There's a really interesting story going into this match. Let's see if they do something with it. Martin refuses the handshake. This is solid and scrappy and less wild and aerial than their first matches. Dante is still breaking out that diving sunset flip. Lio as a scumbag manager is growing on me. Every now and then I'm reminded that Dante is twenty years old and I'm shook anew. Very solid match.

Abadon being interviewed by Mark Henry is fun, especially when she vanishes.

It's time for the main event.

3) Abadon vs Britt Baker. This is more spectacle than match, and the ad break threw off the pacing, but Britt was suitably monstered and Abadon was suitably monstrous. Bit of a botch on the table. Abadon breaking out the thumbtacks was fun, but for just a moment I thought they were going to be teeth. The lockjaw exchange was great. Roll up was a bit anticlimactic but this was pretty good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lamuella posted:

for just a moment I thought they were going to be teeth.

gently caress, that would have been amazing.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

gently caress, that would have been amazing.

there's a wrestler with a loose teeth gimmick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If AEW hires Danhausen there HAS to be a bit backstage (or at least on a vlog) where we find out he's been sourcing his teeth supply from Britt.