Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Noonsa
Jan 18, 2003
For the love of god, anything other than the

Sylphosaurus posted:

Man, I didn´t really expect the Xandar Empire to basically be fullblown Nazi/Purity freaks but when Kor'Ell informs you about how she rescued Nikki from a transport with war orphans that didn´t fill the racial purity standard it got a :stare: from me..

Kor'Ell and Nikki are Kree. All that racial purity stuff applies to the Kree Empire. Kor'Ell just joined the Nova Corps for some reason in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Noonsa posted:

Kor'Ell and Nikki are Kree. All that racial purity stuff applies to the Kree Empire. Kor'Ell just joined the Nova Corps for some reason in the past.
Ah, I see. I guess I got my wires crossed on the different intergalactic empires in the Marvel universe.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Got this when it was free. The writing and conversations were the highlight of the game. There are a couple of fairly deep conversations where I just watched the expressiveness of faces.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Yeah this game rules. Character and story were the clear highlights. Tried to convince someone Rocket was a way scarier monster than Groot because I didn’t want to hurt his little ego and figured maybe he had a terrifying ace up his sleeve he didn’t.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

My son was watching me play through most of the game, reminding me when I was low on health and when I could huddle. One complaint I have is that some events require a solution that's not evident. Having to sus out what you need to do while being attacked from multiple angles can be annoying. It's almost as if the game was designed knowing players would look for hints online.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Peter's talk with Drax got me more emotional than the entirety of some more 'cinematic' games that came out around the same time. It honestly did great with making them definitely have elements of their MCU variants but they're definitely their own thing.