Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I knew a hardcore guy in high school and he would break stuff on his head for attention. He was a really nice guy but extremely insecure and scared of being disliked, he never put together that you don’t make people like you by smashing things on your head

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
What is the relationship between Hardcore and Straightedge?

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

Genesplicer posted:

What is the relationship between Hardcore and Straightedge?

Hardcore without the drugs

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Minor Threat (fronted by Ian MacKaye) made a song called Straight Edge in 1981, spawning an entire movement that a lot of hardcore bands adhered to. No drinking, no drugs, veganism, no promiscuity, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsAu-nOg3Tw

Although by now early hardcore has more or less been subsumed under the general punk label, and today's 'hardcore' is usually plodding quasi-metal stuff

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Given my experience with vocal straight edgers in high school it seems like a gateway to nazi apologia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
I wasn't talking about being hardcore I was talking about being hardcore.