Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

The Merkinman posted:

I am a New Yorker, Brooklyn not Staten Island, and even I felt it went on a bit long.

Given Pete already rolled out a full length comedy movie about the place, I'm not convinced we needed it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

WonkyBob posted:

Are there any good pre-SNL Please Don't Destroy sketches? The only sketch of theirs I've enjoyed is Three Sad Virgins and the other four felt really low effort.
Hard disagree on the Please Don't Destroy boys. I think their sketches are terrible because they're trying too hard.

TheWevel
Apr 14, 2002
Send Help; Trapped in Stupid Factory

EL BROMANCE posted:

Given Pete already rolled out a full length comedy movie about the place, I'm not convinced we needed it at all.

Who is "wet"? Was that his name? He's popped up a couple times in Pete Davidson stuff.

edit: googling "pete davidson wet" on my work computer lead me to finding out it's rapper big wet. learn something new every day.

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro

WonkyBob posted:

Are there any good pre-SNL Please Don't Destroy sketches? The only sketch of theirs I've enjoyed is Three Sad Virgins and the other four felt really low effort.

I saw this on the clock app and thought it was hilarious:
https://twitter.com/notbenmarshall/status/1369695206564593672?s=20

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Hard disagree on the Please Don't Destroy boys. I think their sketches are terrible because they're trying too hard.

Though our reasons are different I'm glad we agree that they're terrible. I'd been told they were "The New Lonely Island" which feels like a huge insult to Ardy, Jorm, and Keev.

TheWevel posted:

Who is "wet"? Was that his name? He's popped up a couple times in Pete Davidson stuff.

edit: googling "pete davidson wet" on my work computer lead me to finding out it's rapper big wet. learn something new every day.

The Squid Game track was a parody of one of his songs.

This is worse than their SNL sketches. The editing is really bad. Also the writing.

WonkyBob
Jan 1, 2013

Holy shit, you own a skirt?!
NOW I get it

"Martin Herlihy is the son of SNL writer and Adam Sandler collaborator Tim Herlihy, and John Higgins is the son of Steve Higgins who has been a writer on the show since 1995 and is still on staff. Only Ben Marshall doesn't have a direct connection to the show."

pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:
Tonight’s Vintage is Steve Carell with Ella Mai from November 17 2018.

Oof. We’re really stretching the limits of what qualifies as “vintage,” this was Carell’s weakest outing and a poor episode overall.

The regular repeat is Kim Kardashian West and Halsey. gently caress this poo poo

I’ll be playing the first two episodes of S14 tonight, Tom Hanks with Keith Richards and Matthew Broderick with the Sugarcubes. I suggest you do the same

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Holy poo poo I never realized the Sugarcubes did SNL. Is there an easy place to stream the episode?

Sekhmnet
Jan 22, 2019

rodbeard posted:

Holy poo poo I never realized the Sugarcubes did SNL. Is there an easy place to stream the episode?

Bjork sugarcubes? LIke, unibrow era?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Sekhmnet posted:

Bjork sugarcubes? LIke, unibrow era?

Yeah I love how this low quality pirated copy of a VHS recording of a comedy central rerun of "Birthday" has much better sound quality than a typical modern musical performance on the show.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.

WonkyBob posted:

NOW I get it

"Martin Herlihy is the son of SNL writer and Adam Sandler collaborator Tim Herlihy, and John Higgins is the son of Steve Higgins who has been a writer on the show since 1995 and is still on staff. Only Ben Marshall doesn't have a direct connection to the show."

which one is the guy that looks like adam scott's nephew

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Watermelon Daiquiri posted:

which one is the guy that looks like adam scott's nephew

i don't think either of them fit this description very well but the non-redheads are higgins and herlihy

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
It’s clearly John.

pwn
May 27, 2004

Hey this never got posted here i think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWIBTkwUJf8

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

If you like Kyles 90s throwback stuff on the show, then his series that dropped on Netflix today should be up your alley - Saturday Morning All Star Hits.

We imported a bunch of the US cartoons from this era when I was a kid, so while the presentation style isn’t as nostalgic for me, the shows and commercials are and they loving nail it. It’s like 80% weird ‘oh poo poo our childhood was messed up’ combined with 20% super strong gags.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pwn
May 27, 2004

Somehow we managed to make a new thread... the resilience of the human spirit perseveres again