Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit
Now more than ever we need to go out of our way to have gratitude. Lets start a Google Sheet where every poster can share what they're grateful for this Thanksgiving!

:nws:
code:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1utI_MQx6cZHyGIEd71b8BvkErDOex7euOBhFT9ZK/edit?usp=sharing
e: Don't click the link it will dox your google ID but for the record it was hello.jpg

whose tuggin fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Nov 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Im thankful for my antivirus software that won't let me open dodgy hyperlinks

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

my dogs biopsy came back not cancer, i found twnety dollars on the ground, and aleksi peralas phantasia albums are dope.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i didn't die of covid

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
Grateful for living in a good country, ie one that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

I'm thankful that Jeffrey of YOSPOS spent over 6 million dollars to buy this website from Lowtax.

OnlyBans
Sep 21, 2021

by sebmojo
My cat turned 21 this year and is still implausibly alive and even more remarkably is able to still give me head butts. There has been a turn the last few weeks where I anticipate I won't be able to say that next year but I'm enjoying the time I have.

Lately we've been bonding over our shared love of opiates. Her arthritis is quite severe but she doesn't feel a thing when she is flying and at her age, who can blame her?

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Weka posted:

Grateful for living in a good country, ie one that doesn't celebrate Thanksgiving

plz tell jacinda i only cook turkey out of fear of reprisal

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Bad Purchase posted:

I'm thankful that Jeffrey of YOSPOS spent over 6 million dollars to buy this website from Lowtax.

this was also 6 million dollars too many

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
not selling it for 69.69 was just the worst idea

whose tuggin
Nov 6, 2009

by Hand Knit

Bad Purchase posted:

un post combo

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

OnlyBans posted:

My cat turned 21 this year and is still implausibly alive and even more remarkably is able to still give me head butts. There has been a turn the last few weeks where I anticipate I won't be able to say that next year but I'm enjoying the time I have.

Lately we've been bonding over our shared love of opiates. Her arthritis is quite severe but she doesn't feel a thing when she is flying and at her age, who can blame her?

My parents had to put down the family corgi of like 15 years yesterday, and I... I enjoyed the time I spent with it.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

tuggin'

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Salmon

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
The occasional pube on a toilet seat at work

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

PokeJoe posted:

i didn't die of covid

Dude, same.
Gonna be grateful for being able to taste stuffing, too.

rxcowboy
Sep 13, 2008

I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth; fucked both a chick and her mom

I will get anal. Oh yes.
I'm very thankful that I scraped together enough confidence to hunt for a better job after years of telling myself this was all I was good for.

Turns out that 9 years of management experience in production/manufacturing plus 4 million people quiting means I'm actually valuable now. I've never had jobs fly me out for interviews and throw relocation money at me.

Don't sell yourself short, if you want a better job or more money for your current job, this is the best time to get it.

PS If a Delta flight crashes on Monday it's my fault, my luck ran out and the universe is correcting the issue.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Food

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

OnlyBans posted:

My cat turned 21 this year and is still implausibly alive and even more remarkably is able to still give me head

This was the line break for me.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

OnlyBans posted:

My cat is twenty and still very spry and alert. I’ve had him since he was 4 and came from a hoarding situation, so he’s never liked being held, but he still loves a good warm lap to sit in and purr with content while being petted and scritched :3:

I cherish every moment I have with him.

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

Also, I applied for a promotion at work despite having never been promoted before in my life. I’ve also got two weeks off starting this Friday. Not a lot of people get such luck, so I’m grateful for both of these opportunities.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Them injuns were easily killed and the rest of 'em easily cheated out of their land and easily herded onto reservations.

Just joking I am not an American.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Teh moon

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
Oh how the bells sweet silver bells. I'm actually quite grateful to have made it through this year as last year was a FAIL of epic proportions that saw my mental health in the LOWEST state it has ever been. Actually even far lower than now. Beneath even the flushing of a subterranean toilet if you can picture that.

epic 2012 username fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Nov 7, 2021

epic 2012 username
Mar 26, 2021

by Hand Knit
Like a drat phoenix from the ashes lads. I have survived and will continue to ..

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
that eating rear end is in vogue

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I made new friends and joined some new communities that are kind and supportive so I'm very grateful for that.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
My bripe

blight rhino
Feb 11, 2014

EXQUISITE LURKER RHINO

Nap Ghost
real talk?

My mom. She's a saint, and will help everyone she can with anything she can. I've always been kind of a gently caress up, and she has never been an enabler. She'll set me right, or at least try when I'm headed in a wrong direction.

She doesn't always know how to help, but she is always there to listen to me rant about the same poo poo.

I'm pushing 40 and single, and have been for years. She's not pushing for grandbabies cause she already has two from my sister. (Those kids are great by the way. teens/early 20s, now)

I'm not the old stereotype of a goon. I have a great job, own a house, a car, etc. I'm just very non-social.

I talk to her weekly, and I know that is a lot for some of us, and I know it's not even close to the amount for others. But, it works.

She's about 12 hours away by drive, and however far by flying. But she never gives me grief if I'm not up for visiting, because of whatever I have going on mentally.

Anyway. Thanks, Mom. love you.

blight rhino fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 7, 2021

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Oh, now that her parents are doing weed my wife doesn't mind that I do it too so that's cool too.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Nothing!!!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
I was going to say I’m thankful for safe, stable links to Goatse, but nvm.

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

My wife and kids. Not our cockblocking puppy, though.

Weka
May 5, 2019

BigBadSteve posted:

Them injuns were easily killed and the rest of 'em easily cheated out of their land and easily herded onto reservations.

Just joking I am not an American.

Aren't you an Australian, the one country somehow worse in this regard?

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I was going to say I’m thankful for safe, stable links to Goatse, but nvm.

What's wrong with goatse.ru?
That's a nws website btw (I have eaten a ban for not pointing this out before. RIP burt)

Anyway I'm thankful Kirk Johnson's gaping anus convinced me racism was bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

olives black
Nov 24, 2017

LENIN.
STILL.
WON'T.
FUCK.
ME.
that I had the spine to just tell everyone that I'm staying home this year