Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
y'all ever paddleboarded before, it is a cool and dope activity, check it

people call it the stand up paddle board, so sometimes they say "do you SUP" and it gets confusing sometimes

you don't gotta stand up to paddle if you don't want to

i usually see tortoises and dragonflies and the like when i go paddle around and it is cool and dope as long as you aren't cramming into traffic with other watergoers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
:coolfish: :yum:

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
i yak, as the cool kids say, op but I see a lot of paddle boarders these days. paddling is an amazing way to enjoy nature and time spent on the water is great.

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
It roasts your core and makes you more tired than expected, it turns out

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you
my in-laws were describing their trip to tahoe and said they had a great time waterboarding. thought they were talking about torture but they meant paddle boarding.

biosterous

i wonder how smiliar it would feel to canoeing and how different it would feel to canoeing

now i want to go canoeing but it is Cold out, heck

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
We theoretically have a kayak as soon as we bring it down from my FiL's house and I really hope that we can scoot around on Lake Champlain next summer.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'

biosterous posted:

i wonder how smiliar it would feel to canoeing and how different it would feel to canoeing

now i want to go canoeing but it is Cold out, heck

canoes are super heavy and have a pretty high draft in the water compared to a paddle board, which is basically just a surfboard but wide

if you sat down and paddled you have a bit different leverage int he water but otherwise they make chairs where you can canoe or kayak sorta while on a paddle board

Macnult

they're a lot of fun. i've only ever ridden one on a river, but when i go surfing on smaller days there's sometimes a few people on SUPs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

aldantefax

ALWAYS BE MECHFISHIN'
I've never been surfing but I have heard that people will take a SUP out to do a combo of surfing and paddlin' too in places where that's a thing. I originally learned about it from my coworkers visiting from Brazil a few years ago and then only got into it this year!

I have also seen people take their dogs out and doing yoga on a paddle board and I am like "this is a lot of work but I respect all that"