Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL
The Dymaxion Car was a 1930's project heavily promoted, but not substantially designed, by futurist weirdo dome architect Buckminster Fuller.

This is the Lane replica, built for an auto museum in Tennessee.

Apparently the handling is terrible on cambered roads where the rear steering wheel likes to slide to the side. Also, bad in wind. Also bad at more than 35mph. Neat looking, and pleasant inside, and very much looks like a boat builder designed and built it.

3 original prototypes built, 1 remaining.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black88GTA
Oct 8, 2009

Slo-Tek posted:

The Dymaxion Car was a 1930's project heavily promoted, but not substantially designed, by futurist weirdo dome architect Buckminster Fuller.

This is the Lane replica, built for an auto museum in Tennessee.

Apparently the handling is terrible on cambered roads where the rear steering wheel likes to slide to the side. Also, bad in wind. Also bad at more than 35mph. Neat looking, and pleasant inside, and very much looks like a boat builder designed and built it.

3 original prototypes built, 1 remaining.

I know this exact museum, I was there a few years ago. I took a ton of pics and posted them here, in fact. This place is AI as gently caress, and I would strongly encourage anyone in this forum to go if you are ever in the Nashville area. They have tons of genuinely one of a kind survivors in this place. And (at least when I went), you were even allowed to drive some of the cars (for a donation, IIRC).
https://www.lanemotormuseum.org/