Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYLxkGz00d0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

Pity reply.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
Already subscribed to Connor O’Malley’s channel.

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
The only colors I'm interested in flying is whatever shade that my rear end in a top hat is today

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

BigBadSteve posted:

Pity reply.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
No more flash mobs, Irish or otherwise.

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Do you mean the police?

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
Connor O'Malley is a saint

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

fukc off gurf

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Top o' tha mornin' ta ya, laddie, it's time ta rig sum 'splosives ta take care 'a them basterd Tories

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Faith n' begorah! Oi forgot tha tannerite! Doyle, run down ta tha pub an ask O'Flannigan fer sum.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Someone may have put an explosive device in my starch.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
My dad grew up with guys who became Westies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westies.

He stopped hanging out with them when he started dating my mom because they cursed too much and their wives would get into fistfights and my mom's a saint!

There's a good Gary Oldman movie about it called State of Grace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh2Jw2RRuMc

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

kntfkr posted:

My dad grew up with guys who became Westies: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Westies.

He stopped hanging out with them when he started dating my mom because they cursed too much and their wives would get into fistfights and my mom's a saint!

There's a good Gary Oldman movie about it called State of Grace:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh2Jw2RRuMc

This wikipedia article is hilarious in the way they get when the authors reject the typical wikipedia language. Has a very vernacular feel.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Maybe if thr irish spent less time trying to gently caress potatoes and more time planting them, the british wouldnt have to keep bailing them out from starving to death :shrug:

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
How are the Irish not famous for vodka?

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Who What Now posted:

No potatoes

tractor man
Nov 11, 2021

Jesus christ lmao

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

eyyyy lmao

Oh Don Piano
Nov 4, 2009
I would love to

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Nooner posted:

Maybe if thr irish spent less time trying to gently caress potatoes and more time planting them, the british wouldnt have to keep bailing them out from starving to death :shrug:

That's not what happened!

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Who What Now posted:

Vodka is typically made from wheat. The Irish do a potato based spirit called poteen and it's supposed to suck but idk.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Too many gentry Irish and not enough shanty Irish around these parts.

grellgraxer
Nov 28, 2002

"I didn't fight a secret war in Nicaragua so you can walk these streets of freedom bad mouthing lady America, in your damn mirrored su
I went to Ireland once. Everyone there said "fooking" constantly. I imagine the Neo-Irish-Mob would as well.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Weka posted:

Vodka is typically made from wheat. The Irish do a potato based spirit called poteen and it's supposed to suck but idk.

Potato vodka is literally a thing weka.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Weka posted:

It's called poitín (pot-sheen) and I have come in contact with it. It's dangerous stuff and do you know what the most surprising thing about it is? It smells exactly like tequila.

There was an old man in our town who everyone knew made the stuff. He got the nickname "The Medicineman". The police stopped him on his way home one day, he had a dozen bags of sugar in his bycycle basket. When they quizzed him about it he said he was making medicine for the cows.

He was known to dip into his own supply. I never really figured him as the new age type but one day he started wearing a huge chunk of amythest around his neck - which the ancient greeks used as a talisman to ward off hangovers.

My family owned a bar and liquor store, which my sister has now taken over. The Medicineman would come in every so often and ask my dad for empty bottles. He was a fairly large guy and wore a big barbour coat, he could hide 7-8 empty litre bottles in it and walk out without making a clink.

He was never married and seemed to prefer the company of cats to people. I walked past his house a few times and I felt really sorry for his neighbours because of the smell of cat piss and sour milk and old cat food.

A few years ago he passed away. He had a heart attack while driving and hit young womans car. She was pretty shaken up about it.

Oh yeah - in the last years of his life he started doing up his grey hair in a fauxhawk. I'm sure he was in his mid 80's when he died. He also stood about 6'4 with a heavy build.

Half the people on this forum think I'm some sort of nutty weirdo but if they could see my friends and neighbours...

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins
The medicine man sounds unbelievably cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVGUs9nQGaw

Nyan Bread
Mar 17, 2006

Who doesn't enjoy a good late night performance from a local band The Irish Terrier Mob with a pint of Gooniness?

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
Sorry op I’m peaky blinders 4 lyfe

aceface
Dec 27, 2017

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
d' ye wunna dag?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
I was tricked into taking a sip of poitín when I was five years old and I thought that I had been poisoned and would soon die. It was traumatic.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Sorry but your weird neighbor is my hero and I wish I was 1/10th as cool as him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Big Beef City posted:

Potato vodka is literally a thing weka.

I know it exists but the vast majority of vodka is grain based. Perhaps we could use potato vodka as part of the advertising for the IRISH MOB.