Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Filthy Hans posted:

lol just remembered the time Salvador Allende addressed the UN, saying that the CIA was trying to assassinate him at the behest of the Kodak corporation so they could get cheaper access to photo development chemicals and the UN members laughed out loud at Allende

Allende had the last laugh, however, because the CIA assassinated him after all

I mean, the UN was laughing because they knew it was true and couldn't do poo poo. They remembered Hammarskjold.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

MonsieurChoc posted:

I mean, the UN was laughing because they knew it was true and couldn't do poo poo. They remembered Hammarskjold.

Don't forget what happened dozens and dozens of times whenever an Italian detective or politician tried to investigate their heroin trafficking.

Eventually they even got an elected PM killed in Also Moro.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009

MonsieurChoc posted:

Sweden is literally the most cucked nation on earth. Reinfeldt was correct, we are a sleeping people.

One of the senior members of the royal family(kinda good riddance but anyway) gets killed at an Israeli checkpoint in what was a clear deliberate action.

Hammarskjöld gets shot down in an obvious assassination.

Olof Palme gets shot in the back on the most public of streets in the capital while a whole bunch of South African intelligence(CIA/MI6 extension) are known to be roaming around a mere week(iirc) before he is set to visit the Soviet union in what was talked about as a game breaking meeting.

(Anna Lindh also stabbed on a public street, somehow without SÄPO protection even though they had asked for it)

gently caress all swedes for going along with it, but also Langley delenda est

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

fanfic insert posted:

Sweden is literally the most cucked nation on earth. Reinfeldt was correct, we are a sleeping people.

One of the senior members of the royal family(kinda good riddance but anyway) gets killed at an Israeli checkpoint in what was a clear deliberate action.

Hammarskjöld gets shot down in an obvious assassination.

Olof Palme gets shot in the back on the most public of streets in the capital while a whole bunch of South African intelligence(CIA/MI6 extension) are known to be roaming around a mere week(iirc) before he is set to visit the Soviet union in what was talked about as a game breaking meeting.

(Anna Lindh also stabbed on a public street, somehow without SÄPO protection even though they had asked for it)

gently caress all swedes for going along with it, but also Langley delenda est

poo poo like this is why I honestly can't blame groups like the Stasi for doing what they did. The CIA is an evil monster that has tendrils in every nation on Earth.

Langley delenda est.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Crosspost:

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Azathoth posted:

Crosspost:

So this of course would also mean Farrakhan is/was a snitch too given as Farrakhan has openly admitted he had Malcolm killed, repeatedly for decades and no one has done anything.

This is actually one of the most brazen things COINTELPRO ever did. Basically everyone involved has been stopping just short of saying the FBI did it since the day it happened.

CaptainACAB has issued a correction as of 21:37 on Nov 18, 2021

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I don't think it necessarily means that, but it's definitely possible. At a minimum, John Ali, the NOI national secretary was working with the FBI, and it's definitely fair to assume that other high profile officials were at least FBI assets, whether willingly or coerced. I dunno if I'd go so far as to call Farrakhan an informant or asset, but if he and the FBI found areas of limited cooperation, I wouldn't be shocked.

FWIW, Farrakhan seems to position himself as basically saying, "Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?" and then some NOI members took it upon themselves to do the deed. I tend to think he probably went further and made it known that he wanted Malcolm X dead but avoided giving specific orders for reasons of plausible deniability.

Was this at the urging of the FBI? Eh, I don't think it needs to be, Farrakhan definitely wanted Malcolm X dead for reasons unrelated to the feds.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Wasn't there an undercover cop who came out recently and said that the FBI wanted Malcolm's bodyguards out if the way

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

it's honest to god astounding both how incredibly, profoundly evil the cia is and also the sheer volume of evil the cia has accomplished. You hear about this or that hideous, dispicable thing that they got up to and your first reaction is to think that it's wild sensationalist conspiracy theory but then you immediately find out that yeah it's all declassified now they're not even trying to hide it

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

it's honest to god astounding both how incredibly, profoundly evil the cia is and also the sheer volume of evil the cia has accomplished. You hear about this or that hideous, dispicable thing that they got up to and your first reaction is to think that it's wild sensationalist conspiracy theory but then you immediately find out that yeah it's all declassified now they're not even trying to hide it

Yeah, even without the really crazy poo poo like the Manson connections (which is an awful lot of smoke for there not to be a fire) or Pont-Saint-Esprit (which they absolutely did but for which there isn't actual evidence beyond "lol who the gently caress else would do something so goddamn crazy") the amount of factual, verifiable stuff that they essentially admit to via declassified files is mindboggling.

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

the really scary thing is thinking about all the stuff they wont declassify.

like, even the poo poo we know about gladio is absolutely chilling, and that's just the things the CIA has allowed us to learn. the truly evil poo poo will stay buried forever.

Azathoth posted:

I don't think it necessarily means that, but it's definitely possible. At a minimum, John Ali, the NOI national secretary was working with the FBI, and it's definitely fair to assume that other high profile officials were at least FBI assets, whether willingly or coerced. I dunno if I'd go so far as to call Farrakhan an informant or asset, but if he and the FBI found areas of limited cooperation, I wouldn't be shocked.

FWIW, Farrakhan seems to position himself as basically saying, "Will no one rid me of this turbulent priest?" and then some NOI members took it upon themselves to do the deed. I tend to think he probably went further and made it known that he wanted Malcolm X dead but avoided giving specific orders for reasons of plausible deniability.

Was this at the urging of the FBI? Eh, I don't think it needs to be, Farrakhan definitely wanted Malcolm X dead for reasons unrelated to the feds.

we know the NOI was heavily infiltrated pretty much from day one but yeah who knows. i think farrakhan is the type of snake who would gladly work with the feds if it got him ahead though so even if he wasnt getting paid, he was helping them.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

CaptainACAB posted:

the really scary thing is thinking about all the stuff they wont declassify.

like, even the poo poo we know about gladio is absolutely chilling, and that's just the things the CIA has allowed us to learn. the truly evil poo poo will stay buried forever.

this is probably my conspiracy side leaking out, but yeah the stuff that was destroyed or never released about MKULTRA is legit terrifying. my theory has always been that poo poo worked way better than they ever were willing to admit

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

yeah because of the massive amount of poo poo they cop to, and the even bigger amount of the poo poo they deny but was obviously them, I’m prepared to believe nearly anything at this point. If they had the means and opportunity at the time they almost certainly at least tried.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

my favorite figure in CIA lore is James Jesus Angleton, who made a highly decorated career of utter incompetence via insane paranoia over a decades-long hunt for KGB moles that didn't exist. a monument to failing upwards and wasting untold amounts of money and time, because the CIA is not only unfathomabley evil but equally incompetent at everything that isn't hurting innocent people

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

My favorite Angleton theory is that he actually was the Soviet mole he was supposed to be hunting.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
wasn't there an AD that would tell his soviet spy drinking buddy about all the ops he was aware of?

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

Azathoth posted:

this is probably my conspiracy side leaking out, but yeah the stuff that was destroyed or never released about MKULTRA is legit terrifying. my theory has always been that poo poo worked way better than they ever were willing to admit

the one i think they really dont want spreading is the success of mockingbird. if you think for a while about even the concept of "anonymous intelligence sources" plus the need for these reporters to have THE SCOOPZ to get viewers so they can make money, this means that the CIA can use access to information as a cudgel. the press needs its scoops, and it needs propaganda. as long as the media is paid they dont care. in this way langley ensures absolute obedience to its line. the DoD is big on it too, especially during wartimes. combine that with the monitoring capacity provided by ECHELON and they've really got reality itself by the balls.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
"Do you have or have had any journalists or editor, in a major news publication, on the payroll of the CIA?"

"I uuuh, that is uuhhh, some i am not comfortable talking of outside a closed session"

(Paraphrased)

In what way is that not a tacit Yes?

The answer might've been in response to the same but in regards of tv news but the difference is non existent anyway

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

fanfic insert posted:

"Do you have or have had any journalists or editor, in a major news publication, on the payroll of the CIA?"

"I uuuh, that is uuhhh, some i am not comfortable talking of outside a closed session"

(Paraphrased)

In what way is that not a tacit Yes?

The answer might've been in response to the same but in regards of tv news but the difference is non existent anyway

Pretty sure the Church Committee Report already confirmed that they were doing this decades ago, even though most of that part ended up getting cut from the final report at CIA request. The only possible answer to that question is "yes" because fifty years ago they admitted it.

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
the CIA was founded by an Irish Catholic Anglophile. Cursed from beginning to end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley

vyelkin posted:

Pretty sure the Church Committee Report already confirmed that they were doing this decades ago, even though most of that part ended up getting cut from the final report at CIA request. The only possible answer to that question is "yes" because fifty years ago they admitted it.

Oh yeah I forgot nothing happened after the church committee, the CIA just pinky promised to be good but congress didnt have the capacity to put any real oversight in place. That's one of the scariest things about the CIA is that they have no oversight and half the government probably doesn't even know what they're doing.

Which is another reason why Langley delenda est.