Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

: D
Well, in that case I have bad news; the LP is on break this week. A planned recording session washed out due to illness on my part, so there won't be an episode this Wednesday.

In other, also bad news, it seems that the core creative group behind Disco Elysium was involuntarily let go from ZA/UM last year. Probably you've heard the scuttlebutt about it already, but it is news relevant to the thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kitty Burger
May 23, 2005
Mmm, taste like kitty...
I hope you feel better soon.

I did read about that and was quite disappointed. It would have been quite nice to see a series of RPGs like DE.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

Apparently they still have DE2 in development for whatever that's worth, just the original team are no longer attached.

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

Episode 57: Human Can-Opener

In this episode, we start building a case to pry open the Hardie boys.

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

Episode 58: Welcome to Disco Elysium

In this episode, we check back in with the ravers to see how their new residence is treating them.

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

Episode 59: Don't Panic, It's Beautiful

In this episode, we come face to face with the sublime and the terrible.

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

Episode 60: The Art of Physical Displacement

In this episode, we engage in physical translocation.

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

Episode 61: The Instigator

In this episode, we have a little chat with Ruby.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...

theamazingchris posted:

In this episode, we engage in physical translocation.

:allears: You just closed your eyes and climbed the ladder, haha.

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

Episode 62: Welcome to the loving Reckoning

In this episode, poo poo gets real, real fast.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oof, I think that was about as badly as it's possible to do in the showdown. On the bright side, it arguably makes the next section more entertaining.

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

Not to give too big a peek behind the curtain, but I do agree that it is pretty fun.

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

theamazingchris posted:

In this episode, poo poo gets real, real fast.

Is it possible to lose Kim? Really interesting to watch as my playthrough was very different. Almost worth all the stress to see you waking up to Cuno.

ally_1986 fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Nov 2, 2022

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

It isn’t. This tribunal outcome could be considered the “worst”, at least in terms of deaths, but yeah, Cuno is fun. In an awful way.

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

Episode 63: Bust a Move

In this episode, we boogie.

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

Episode 64: Disco Inferno

In this episode, we finish our business on the mainland and head to the island.

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

Episode 65: The Greatest Innocence

In this episode, we speak to our beautiful wife Dolores Dei.

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

Episode 66: The Deserter, Part 1

In this episode, we begin a long conversation with a sad old man.

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

Episode 67: The Deserter, Part 2

In this episode, we finish our conversation, and see something magnificent.

theamazingchris fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 17, 2022

ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

theamazingchris posted:

Episode 67: The Deserter, Part 2

In this episode, we finish our conversation, and see something magnificent.

I don't know why the payoff works so well but drat is it magnificent!

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

Episode 68: The Insulindian Phasmid

In this episode, we chat with a cryptid; or perhaps just hallucinate. Who can say?

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

Episode 69: Detective Kuuno de Ruyter

In this episode, we have it out with our old partner and our old unit. This is it, for better or for worse.

Thanks everyone for watching this LP! As we've hinted at a couple of times, we're planning on doing a second, more thorough playthrough that's aiming to do most of the stuff we missed on this playthrough. It should be a little faster-paced and more tightly edited version of what we've been doing. But, the thread will be taking a few week hiatus in the mean time. Both Tyler and I have other projects we want to put some time into, after a full year of this one.

Thanks again, and see you all soon!

Kitty Burger
May 23, 2005
Mmm, taste like kitty...
Thanks for doing this game. It's been a fun ride and I am looking forward to the second playthrough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theamazingchris
Feb 1, 2016

Hi everyone! Just wanted a quick explanatory note; basically it's been long enough without us making concrete plans for our second playthrough that i'm officially gonna close the thread and move on. If I do decide to play the game again, it will likely be the planned playthrough, but it will likely be a while away yet, so I'd probably open up a new thread. Thanks for everyone who enjoyed this!