Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

im just messing around friends. if it makes you happy im all for it, whatever my personal opinions are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

babypolis posted:

do it bitch, i aint scared of no moon god convert

I’m not a convert lol, and looking at your posting history you’re gonna take a page from the USSR where you die bitterly in old age while Islam powers on. I would tell people to kill themselves too if I had nothing to look forward to in this dunya like you did.

I had to pray and let the hate in my heart go.

just cut back with the moon god poo poo, that’s full blown evangelical nazism and would be like telling Jews they worship Satan as per the protocols of the elders of Zion

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

skipmyseashells posted:

I’m not a convert lol, and looking at your posting history you’re gonna take a page from the USSR where you die bitterly in old age while Islam powers on. I would tell people to kill themselves too if I had nothing to look forward to in this dunya like you did.

I had to pray and let the hate in my heart go.

just cut back with the moon god poo poo, that’s full blown evangelical nazism and would be like telling Jews they worship Satan as per the protocols of the elders of Zion

look man i honestly meant no offense, i was just loving around in a poo poo rated cspam thread. obviously what i said was hurtful to you so im sorry, i have no real beef with you or your beliefs

i dont remember telling anyone to kill themselves tho, when was that

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020
honest question before I ignore you, do you really think that kind of poo poo is ‘loving around’? that’s disgusting through and through and if I heard it irl I would probably fight cause I only hear neo-nazis throwing that around.

and to answer your question

babypolis posted:

how about you blow yourself up bitch. make a loving pipe bomb and blow up your filthy canadian booze shed

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

just gas the thread if you guys are gonna do this poo poo only to turn around and go ‘I didn’t think it was offensive 😳, I was just loving around 🫣’ without repercussion cause this wouldn’t be funny in 2005

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.

lollontee posted:

marx was prophet of god who denied his creator, and the god loved karl for it

Are u saying Marx was the messiah

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Wait, what's the issue? The term 'moon god'? Is that a slur?? Good lord I'm out of date ...... First 'honk honk' now this

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

skipmyseashells posted:

honest question before I ignore you, do you really think that kind of poo poo is ‘loving around’? that’s disgusting through and through and if I heard it irl I would probably fight cause I only hear neo-nazis throwing that around.

just gas the thread if you guys are gonna do this poo poo only to turn around and go ‘I didn’t think it was offensive 😳, I was just loving around 🫣’ without repercussion cause this wouldn’t be funny in 2005

yeah i do. ive only heard it from the stupid jack chick comic. if its something thats actually offensive im sorry, i had no idea

Fizzil
Aug 24, 2005

There are five fucks at the edge of a cliff...

Its from a chick tract, originally i think. It was always treated sort of a joke/used jokingly, you kinda have to roll with the punches even if some posts sound bigoted, we're all here for the common goal of enjoying comedy after all :v:

America Inc.
Nov 22, 2013

I plan to live forever, of course, but barring that I'd settle for a couple thousand years. Even 500 would be pretty nice.
In any case using "moon god" as some slur to debase Allah is very hypocritical when you consider that essentially everywhere Christianity is practiced you can see a syncretism with earlier pagan beliefs. Christmas is a prime example, being a transformation of Saturnalia. The Catholic church also has a history of subverting indigenous religious symbolism to Christian ones instead.

If you go back far enough in the historical records you can see YHWH as a storm god among a pantheon of other gods. You can either read this all as saying that it's a demonstration of these religions being human constructions (atheist take) or perhaps merely that God is very good at subverting pagan traditions to serve him instead, from the Elohim, flood myth, and Mount Sinai to Saturnalia and Easter to the Kaaba to the Virgin of Guadalupe because at the end of the day everyone was pagan at some point.

America Inc. has issued a correction as of 23:36 on Mar 27, 2022

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
No god but moon god. The moon has no son.

Johnny Cache Hit
Oct 17, 2011

babypolis posted:

yeah i do. ive only heard it from the stupid jack chick comic. if its something thats actually offensive im sorry, i had no idea

jack chick tracts are well known for the respectful ways they treat other faiths, so I can see how you’d make this mistake.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Christmas is really not just saturnalia and El is not even the only origin of YHWH, by the time you have second temple Judaism he is a fusion of at least two Gods but besides i don't think it serves the point very well

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

skipmyseashells posted:

lol go commit a jihad about it. "Wah! My religion is becoming obsolete like countless before it! Help me mods!"

Riot Bimbo posted:

Christmas is really not just saturnalia and El is not even the only origin of YHWH, by the time you have second temple Judaism he is a fusion of at least two Gods but besides i don't think it serves the point very well

Christmas, as in the day Jesus was born is closer to march anyway. But adopting a pagan holiday to celebrate it was a better way to get converts.

Strep Vote
May 5, 2004

أنا أحب حليب الشوكولاتة
greatest religion, thank you for asking

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

lol go commit a jihad about it. "Wah! My religion is becoming obsolete like countless before it! Help me mods!"

fastest growing religion and asking people not to use neo-nazi talking points means I should go ‘commit a jihad’? drat

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin

babypolis posted:

nothing lamer than an adult convert

Its gonna suck for you when the global caliphate makes you convert

Mormon Star Wars
Aug 13, 2005
It's a minotaur race...

If anyone in the gulf wants to get together for an iftar this ramadan, or play Star Trek Adventures, feel free to pm me

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

skipmyseashells posted:

fastest growing religion and asking people not to use neo-nazi talking points means I should go ‘commit a jihad’? drat

did you just "scoreboard" a theological point

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

ate poo poo on live tv posted:

Christmas, as in the day Jesus was born is closer to march anyway. But adopting a pagan holiday to celebrate it was a better way to get converts.

anglos seething

skipmyseashells
Nov 14, 2020

indigi posted:

did you just "scoreboard" a theological point

I watch a lot of sports

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/iammightor/status/1513647845022261249?cxt=HHwWgoCz2cCsx4EqAAAA

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

i bet he smells like trains

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTd4r6vnb/

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

idk how to embed tiktoks and I won’t learn how. anyway this lady is a communist Muslim who makes a lot of good little history videos on the Soviet Union/communism and Islam

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

marxists havent defeated even a single byzantine soldier so why should i take it seriously

???

they defeated the Tsar, God's Vice Reagent on Earth

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Wait, what's the issue? The term 'moon god'? Is that a slur?? Good lord I'm out of date ...... First 'honk honk' now this

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allah_as_a_lunar_deity

right wing schizo delusions

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wow seriously thanks for clearing that up. Lol that it’s a “thing” beyond Jack Chicks dumbass comics

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

The real schizo delusion is that Islam is a blend of Judaism, non-Calcedonian Christianity and Samaratanism

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

big things are happening in mecca

https://twitter.com/HasbullaHive/status/1517689358333079552

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN posted:

big things are happening in mecca

It's Ramadan month OP.