Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

That is, indeed, this thread's rule

The only thing that's supposed to be behind tags is information of substance from out-of-game sources like 1.0 stuff or encyclopaedias, since this LP focuses on in-game context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

To be clear I did try to stick to stuff I'm pretty sure is learnable in Coils/Heavensward and spoiled it cause I wasn't certain.

Sorry for encouraging the guy who took it too far though.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

I edited it out (I really was just responding to Farg who seemed confused), but once again I would like to point out that screaming "That's the world's biggest spoiler!" at something that no one could possibly understand without already knowing the spoiler might not be the most helpful way to keep spoilers out of the thread.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I mean, to be fair? What you said was a pretty good qualifier for 'world's biggest spoiler'.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

sweet geek swag posted:

I edited it out (I really was just responding to Farg who seemed confused), but once again I would like to point out that screaming "That's the world's biggest spoiler!" at something that no one could possibly understand without already knowing the spoiler might not be the most helpful way to keep spoilers out of the thread.

Maybe just…. don’t post spoilers in this at all? There are multiple other FFXIV and FFXIV adjacent threads you can talk spoilers to your hearts content.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

We need a spoiler safe commentary thread companion to the Stormblood LP.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Mordiceius posted:

Maybe just…. don’t post spoilers in this at all? There are multiple other FFXIV and FFXIV adjacent threads you can talk spoilers to your hearts content.

Again, I was just trying to let another poster know what was being referred too. I personally wouldn't have brought the topic up.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

sweet geek swag posted:

Again, I was just trying to let another poster know what was being referred too. I personally wouldn't have brought the topic up.

You could just not

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

sweet geek swag posted:

I'm pretty sure they were not confused what you were referring to but confused why you were bringing that up well before it happens.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Kyrosiris posted:

I'm pretty sure they were not confused what you were referring to but confused why you were bringing that up well before it happens.

They weren't replying to me.

Farg
Nov 19, 2013

sweet geek swag posted:

i wasn't confused i was trying to get across "why even post in a wink wink way about this poo poo. just don't post about it at all. literally just don't post about spoilers"

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Farg posted:

literally just don't post about spoilers

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Only Sang and verified sprouts will be allowed to post in the Stormblood thread.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Scrolling past all these posts to see if there's one from Sanguinia about leveling Warrior.

Sighs and resumes waiting:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

OhFunny posted:

Scrolling past all these posts to see if there's one from Sanguinia about leveling Warrior.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

WHERE'S THE WAR POSTS, SANG??

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

Hey Sang, thanks for saying hi when I ran into you today. I don't post in here much but as I said I really appreciate your LP.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kyrosiris posted:

WHERE'S THE WAR POSTS, SANG??

Clearly Stormblood will be Sang's unga bunga arc.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

OhFunny posted:

Looking to see if its finally axe time.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I have only been keeping up with the thread and not posting but it's rad to see you finally finish Heavensward. I think for me one of the funniest things with Nero is it's clear at this point he's given up the "Try to beat Cid as his enemy." He tried that, didn't work... but he can be genuinely helpful, smug and a prick and piss Cid off that way. And when you think about it? That's just as good, if not BETTER.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

“If I can’t win, I’m going to make you wish I had” is certainly a bold strategy, alright.

Jinh
Sep 12, 2008

Fun Shoe
Nero is a great vegeta

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
So, will it be announced in the thread once the new Stormblood Tread goes live?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Rorahusky posted:

I would assume so.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I'm mostly done with the revamp of the OP, so if you want to take a look to get an idea what the Stormblood OP is going to look like, I'd appreciate any feedback.

Rorahusky posted:

I will announce it here, on my twitter, on discord and in the FF14 General Thread when Stormblood launches

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Sanguinia posted:

I'm mostly done with the revamp of the OP, so if you want to take a look to get an idea what the Stormblood OP is going to look like, I'd appreciate any feedback.

I will announce it here, on my twitter, on discord and in the FF14 General Thread when Stormblood launches

The icons seem quite helpful.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Sanguinia posted:

Those icons are awesome.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

All credit for the little ones next to the chapters goes to DoubleNegative, who made them for his Realm Reborn LP and was kind enough to share them.

Forsythia
Jan 28, 2007

You want bad advice?

Anything is okay if you don't get caught!

... I hope this helps!
The redone OP featuring chapters with icons, brief summaries, and patch numbers are a huge help for finding specific parts.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

It has begun! The Stormblood LP is now LIVE!

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4004105

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~