Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
Chert's very vague hint-kus
In order not to spoil things!
-Property of Chert!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Your patience began to tire
Stuck in a logical mire
You always reset
When you got wet
And never noted the fire

Light is an allegory
A symbol of Owlk's glory
Be it life or lamp
Both die if damp
It's crucial to the story

Time was a crucial role
In this puzzle casserole
Like the sand on the skins
Of the old Ash Twins
You've used it to achieve your goal

I thought you a bit impatient
Did not want you complacent
A jerk with a light
Just out of sight
In time, goal adjacent

You've figured out how death
Does not effect your breath
When in the sim
A solution so grim
You'd think it came from Macbeth

Now for what comes next
I think you'll remain perplexed
So I'll hide these flags
Inside spoiler tags
For when you're really vexed

The lessons you've learned are key
For you are about to see
The codes in the plates
In unusable states
Protect the locks of three

The first should be so obvious
It really is so generous
You clip through the map
Bypass the "trap"
To the glee of your audience

Second requires a sight
One without a light
No code in this game
Could ever dare tame
Brute force done in spite

Third we've finally seen
By fire that burns so green
Death is no bar
To come this far
And silence the bell machine

We are now at the ledge
Of hints that I can pledge
Please talk to your friends
Before time ends
And you step off the edge

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe
Part 13 is up now! We had a lot of help from our viewers in these next two episodes, and it felt fantastic. I love interacting with you guys. Also, I'm restraining myself from looking at those spoilers just yet. 🤣

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 14 is up now, and I've never been so angry.

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009

pedrovay2003 posted:

This is another situation where I got oddly lucky. I was slow in figuring out you had to follow a guy to the party lodge, so I got there right in time to get flooded while wondering what the hell to do about the Owlks looking at me ominously. So I had a front row seat to glimpsing them vanishing as I got kicked out.

Anyway, you've got this now, this is mostly a matter of execution to get past this puzzle.

fractalairduct
Sep 26, 2015

I, Giorno Giovanna, have a dream!

pedrovay2003 posted:

It is a bit weird that the owlk at the music hall all happen to be the same ones asleep in that temple, since they've clearly set up a system to travel around the virtual world.

Kind of sucks for them that 2/3s of their species just get wiped out in the span of 20 minutes.

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009

fractalairduct posted:

Kind of sucks for them that 2/3s of their species just get wiped out in the span of 20 minutes.

It's been thousands, possibly millions of years with that server running fine 24/7. It's just that now, at the end of the universe, the neglected infrastructure is finally breaking down.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Glalev posted:

It's been thousands, possibly millions of years with that server running fine 24/7. It's just that now, at the end of the universe, the neglected infrastructure is finally breaking down being broken by either the direct action or the quasi-ethereal presence of a representative of a species that routinely breaks things.

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009

That's a very good point, though Hearthian shenanigans tend to involve fire and things made of flammable materials being put together.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I'm surprised everything else on the Stranger lasted that long considering it's mostly stuff built out of wood in an environment with a bunch of water.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 15 is up now! You guys wanted more mechanics, right? Because guess what?

Also, thanks to everybody for the hints again. They really helped us out this time, and it feels good to be communicating with everybody like we used to. We're super close to the end now, guys, it's coming!

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 16 is up now! This may be the "end" of Echoes of the Eye, but there's some stuff in the main game that's been changed as a result, so we're going to wrap that up next week. I hope everyone has enjoyed this ride, because we certainly have!

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009
So an interesting thing about the 'Story so far' vision the player sends to The Prisonner. It only sends things you've found out. For example, the bit where all the Nomai drop dead, if you haven't gone to the stranger then they all suddenly drop dead for no visible reason. Between that and the 'I wish I could have gone on an adventure with you' vision left in the vision staff after the Prisonner blew his own lantern out (You can hear him do so while waiting for the elevator to return to you), this tells me that the visions sent are something that the sender can influence.

But yeah, the crime of undoing the silence field around the eye was apparently so bad for those guys that they sealed him up, hid his prison in a water basin, in a virtual world, under three locks in that virtual world, then they threw away the keys to those locks, then they deleted the backups to those keys to the point that you need to cheat and glitch your way past every single password. They feared the eye that much.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Oh, that's really interesting about the stuff with the Prisoner being changeable. I'll bet parts of the DLC would have felt different if it was just discovered during a first-time playthrough of the main game.

Glalev
Jan 28, 2009

pedrovay2003 posted:

Oh, that's really interesting about the stuff with the Prisoner being changeable. I'll bet parts of the DLC would have felt different if it was just discovered during a first-time playthrough of the main game.

Yep. In my case, I didn't have the steam version before so I did the DLC on a new save and I got that version of the cutscene and it was interesting to compare the two. Someone online has recorded the 'Nothing known' and '100% journal' versions of the cutscene, here's the 'nothing known' version for anyone interested.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4FiBly8KcI

Glalev fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jan 23, 2022

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 17 is up now! Okay, so, this is officially the end of the Echoes of the Eye DLC. We're going to do one more episode of just doing some fun stuff, and we'll call it good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Part 18 is up now, ending our playthrough of the Echoes of the Eye DLC. Thank you to everyone who watched us all the way through, and we hope you join us for our next game. I, for one, and super happy that we got to visit the world of Outer Wilds again! (This was one of my favorite episodes, by far.)