Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

lol

e: boo

lamentable dustman fucked around with this message at 04:17 on Dec 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adun
Apr 15, 2001

Publicola
Fun Shoe
Cale Gundy to Clemson?

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Is Dan Lanning a particularly bad HC candidate or are people upset about the possibility because Georgia's defense laid an egg today

welwala harris
Jan 28, 2005
it's not really funny or dramatic or anything at all, would be my biggest complaint

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
New aftermath thread:
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3986952

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Chucktesla posted:

Is Dan Lanning a particularly bad HC candidate or are people upset about the possibility because Georgia's defense laid an egg today

Hes been a DC for 3 years and his big claim to fame is turning bunch of scrappy 5 stars into a pretty good defense while working for a head coach who was a DC for like a decade and is heavily involved in that side of things.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Hes been a DC for 3 years and his big claim to fame is turning bunch of scrappy 5 stars into a pretty good defense while working for a head coach who was a DC for like a decade and is heavily involved in that side of things.

Adding on to this he's young (35) and supposed to be a really good recruiter too isn't he? Yeah the problem is more like...well I'd be really excited and hopeful if my team had an opening and hired him. But I cheer for Mizzou and not Oklahoma, he's not going to get a chance to figure things out for a couple of years before he really gets rolling there, he's just going to have to be good or everyone will have already made up their mind about him. And while what background we have on the guy is good to damned good, there just isn't much of it. And like you said he kinda hasn't been out on his own where you really believe it was his defense.

Hell if he is the hire and it works they could have a coach for 30 years, it's just a gamble is all.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Nobody is going to have a coach for 30 years ever again, or 20 years for that matter.

Regnevelc
Jan 12, 2003

I'M A GROWN ASS MAN!

General Dog posted:

Nobody is going to have a coach for 30 years ever again, or 20 years for that matter.

Too much money involved. Its kinda sad.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

General Dog posted:

Im sure there will still be a few.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

YOLOsubmarine posted:

I’m sure there will still be a few.

Maybe, but theyre extremely scarce even now- theres currently have one in FBS (Kirk Ferentz) whos got an active 20+ year tenure, and it will be 2024 at the earliest when another gets there.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

General Dog posted:

Pat Fitzgerald has been at Northwestern for 15 years and is not going anywhere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

EDIT: of course I post this in the wrong thread

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Dec 6, 2021