Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

I'm so curious to see if he's gonna keep up the act in prison

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spookykid
Apr 28, 2006

I am an awkward fellow
after all

Demon Of The Fall posted:

no they are the "rich" family that lived in Atlanta and then Nashville who got busted for tax fraud and the mom and dad are spending 10+ years in prison, but they'll be out in a few I'm sure

Nah, no parole in federal.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017
Yeah if they got ten they're doing all of it.

...I learned that in this thread :)

Evil SpongeBob
Dec 1, 2005

Not the other one, couldn't stand the other one. Nope nope nope. Here, enjoy this bird.
They went Federal. There's no early parole or anything. A little time off for good behavior maybe and their case in the appeals court is weak.

I hate the show and that family. Im always happy when reality show "stars" get indicted like The Situation and that SLC real housewife.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Rad-daddio posted:

that entire family is very opportunistic.

Didn't' the oldest son hit someone with a car, or was that Hulk Hogan's kid?

That was The Hulkster, brother.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Shocked to discover because of this thread that Hulk Hogan is still alive. I thought for sure he died sometime between 2015 and 2020.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Send all reality tv personalities to prison. The producers too.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I AM GRANDO posted:

Shocked to discover because of this thread that Hulk Hogan is still alive. I thought for sure he died sometime between 2015 and 2020.

It should have been him instead of Macho Man.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

raditts posted:

It should have been him instead of Macho Man.

macho man was a piece of poo poo but he was a way better actor and person than Terry

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MrQwerty posted:

macho man was a piece of poo poo but he was a way better actor and person than Terry

You've never seen the hit show Thunder in Paradise.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

Pennywise the Frown posted:

With how low the threshold for syndicated action series were in the mid 90s it still only made it one season.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Detective No. 27 posted:

Send all reality tv personalities to prison. The producers too.

Sounds like someone is against the strike

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

buddy I made a thunder in paradise joke last week when someone posted a picture of the thunder

thunder in paradise is a masterpiece

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

ilmucche posted:

Sounds like someone is against the strike

Pro strike. Reality TV is a scab industry. They went into overdrive during the 2007 writer’s strike. Which is why I advocate sending them all to prison. Some reality tv executive is creating the next Kim Kardassian and Jersey Shore as we speak.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

MrQwerty posted:

buddy I made a thunder in paradise joke last week when someone posted a picture of the thunder

thunder in paradise is a masterpiece

You are the only other human I know of that has heard of that show. :hfive:

I just remember the outro. Super tropical reggaeish.... "When the sun comes up in paradise... girls look pretty... oooo dey look nice....."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQLuHZi_Ecs

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

You are the only other human I know of that has heard of that show. :hfive:

I just remember the outro. Super tropical reggaeish.... "When the sun comes up in paradise... girls look pretty... oooo dey look nice....."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQLuHZi_Ecs

I was like...6 when this show was on TV. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I was a dumb child.

I'd still like to rewatch it.

Hasturtium
May 19, 2020

And that year, for his birthday, he got six pink ping pong balls in a little pink backpack.

Shinjobi posted:

I was like...6 when this show was on TV. I thought it was the coolest thing ever. I was a dumb child.

Buddy, some of us are like this for The Dukes of Hazzard. No shame, no judgment. We are united in our foundational experiences being forever impacted by garbage TV.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Shinjobi posted:

Yeah looks like I would have been around 11. I doubt it is very good at all. I probably liked it. I don't remember.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Yeah looks like I would have been around 11. I doubt it is very good at all. I probably liked it. I don't remember.

They lived at a beautiful resort. They had a super boat that could blow stuff up, go super fast and I think it had a cloaking device and a full armor mode if they got into a fire fight.

No kid stood a chance against that show.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Shinjobi posted:

They lived at a beautiful resort. They had a super boat that could blow stuff up, go super fast and I think it had a cloaking device and a full armor mode if they got into a fire fight.

No kid stood a chance against that show.

Plus, getting into my tweens, it was nice seeing the LADIES!!!

Fatrick
Jul 19, 2003

*Jumping Peppers!* *Enjoy the Sauce!*

Hasturtium posted:

Buddy, some of us are like this for The Dukes of Hazzard. No shame, no judgment. We are united in our foundational experiences being forever impacted by garbage TV.

I was a Dukes fan from my childhood, and I rewatched the first season a few years back, and it was genuinely entertaining. I was expecting it to be schlock with a cool car, but it had decent stories, some genuine laughs, and was a fun watch.

Rad-daddio
Apr 25, 2017

Fatrick posted:

I was a Dukes fan from my childhood, and I rewatched the first season a few years back, and it was genuinely entertaining. I was expecting it to be schlock with a cool car, but it had decent stories, some genuine laughs, and was a fun watch.

I tried this with Knight Rider awhile back and it just didn't have the same magic as when I was a kid. It's like a show that's trying to be a little too serious for having a taking car.

Dukes totally holds up tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Rad-daddio posted:

I tried this with Knight Rider awhile back and it just didn't have the same magic as when I was a kid. It's like a show that's trying to be a little too serious for having a taking car.

Dukes totally holds up tho.

A bro who is the sidekick to a self driving car is the hero California needs.