Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who would you rather have for a game winning drive?
Kirk Cousins
Andy Dalton
Jared Goff
Taysom Hill
View Results

Chucktesla
Jul 13, 2014

Kirk and Baker are similar in that they both chug poo poo and their receivers hate their guts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

are you talking about they drink turds?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
Kirk Cousins is good, a relatively reliable top 10 quarterback, and if the team moves on from him they will immediately lose more games and probably even be a bottom dweller in the division.

The Vikings as a team are just as unreliable (or more) as Cousins in terms of the defense, running game, etc. Sometimes each of those things goes well, usually against crappy teams, and sometimes they totally poo poo the bed even worse than Cousins does. That's my probably terrible take but it is what it is. I am a Cousins truther

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

He's an above average QB. If you want to win a super bowl with an above average QB you need a loaded roster. It's hard to build a loaded roster and even more so when you're paying your QB alot.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Kirk Cousins is the modern Jake Delhomme.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Cash Monet posted:

He's an above average QB. If you want to win a super bowl with an above average QB you need a loaded roster. It's hard to build a loaded roster and even more so when you're paying your QB alot.

Name some teams with loaded rosters.

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Kirios posted:

Jake Delhomme actually won some big games :colbert:

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

I think Nick Foles and Peyton in his final year in Denver showed you can win a superbowl without a top 3 QB. The problem is you've got to have a dominant pass rush and a lot of luck.

ozymandius1024 posted:

Jake Delhomme actually won some big games :colbert:

Everyone loving loved Delhomme though. I don't think Kirk inspires much emotion unless he fixes you with that weird stare then you're probably not sure if he wants to gently caress you or wear your skin.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Name some teams with loaded rosters.

You didn't ask me but I would posit (taking away the QB) Saints, Bills, Cowboys, 49ers (when healthy), Steelers, and Chiefs (with some notable missing talent in certain areas there).

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

BlindSite posted:

I think Nick Foles and Peyton in his final year in Denver showed you can win a superbowl without a top 3 QB. The problem is you've got to have a dominant pass rush and a lot of luck.

Flacco was never a top 3 QB. Wilson wasn’t in the year he won the super bowl. Eli was probably never a top 3 QB either.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Flacco was never a top 3 QB. Wilson wasn’t in the year he won the super bowl. Eli was probably never a top 3 QB either.

Yeah they're all also excellent points. Wilson is arguably the best of that bunch and he wasn't amazing that year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

BlindSite posted:

Yeah they're all also excellent points. Wilson is arguably the best of that bunch and he wasn't amazing that year.

3400 yards, 26 TDs and 9 ints. He made some plays with his legs which elevates his performance, but it’s was a very Cousinsish season.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

flacco's team got him into the playoffs but he was the main reason they went past the divisional round and won the sb. there's a lot of nuance in our lil sport

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Kirios posted:

We love dunking on Kirk Cousins, and he deserves a lot of it, but he's a much better quarterback than Baker Mayfield. I can't believe I'm saying this, but that's not fair to ol' Kirk.

eh

Kirios posted:

*boyfriend looking over the shoulder meme*

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Cavauro posted:

flacco's team got him into the playoffs but he was the main reason they went past the divisional round and won the sb. there's a lot of nuance in our lil sport

I guess the key is to be JUST good enough at EXACTLY the right time, huh

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Play posted:

I guess the key is to be JUST good enough at EXACTLY the right time, huh

Pretty much. Flacco was immaculate in the playoff run. Foles was really good when he needed to be. Eli was much better in both 2007 and 2011 than he’d been in the regular season, especially at limiting turnovers.

Meanwhile guys like Brees and Rodgers only have one super bowl appearance a piece because it’s extremely hard to get there even with a top 3 QB and Tom Brady has basically broken peoples brains and made them believe that if you don’t have the chosen one playing QB you’ll never win a Super Bowl.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Play posted:

Kirk Cousins is good, a relatively reliable top 10 quarterback, and if the team moves on from him they will immediately lose more games and probably even be a bottom dweller in the division.

The Vikings as a team are just as unreliable (or more) as Cousins in terms of the defense, running game, etc. Sometimes each of those things goes well, usually against crappy teams, and sometimes they totally poo poo the bed even worse than Cousins does. That's my probably terrible take but it is what it is. I am a Cousins truther

This is a few years old, but Kirk Cousins cannot beat good teams

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/aba0g5/qb_records_against_winning_teams_a_comparison_of/

Marcus Mariota has more wins against winning teams than Kirk

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

This is a few years old, but Kirk Cousins cannot beat good teams

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/aba0g5/qb_records_against_winning_teams_a_comparison_of/

Marcus Mariota has more wins against winning teams than Kirk

He beat Green Bay this year so evidently he can.

Stafford was 8-67 against winning teams prior to this year.

Jimmy Garappolo, on the other hand, had a 9-6 against winning teams at the start of 2021. Clearly elite and the Rams picked the wrong guy to trade two first round picks for.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I'm content with the fact that Kirk Cousins will never amount to anything

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY
can someone please post a photoshopped image of Kirk cousins with a big rear end

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Kirk Cousins for Baker Mayfield kind of feels like a thing that could happen.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Kirk Cousins has less playoff wins than Blake Bortles.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Mega64 posted:

I feel like that applies to the majority of starting QBs in the nfl right now

BlindSite posted:

Only if the Vikings really need to clear some cap or are just sick of Kirk's poo poo (couldn't blame them for that)

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Mega64 posted:

And only a quarter of the playoff wins that Mark Sanchez has, but at least Cousins as the same amount as Tim Tebow.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Play posted:

Only if the Vikings really need to clear some cap or are just sick of Kirk's poo poo (couldn't blame them for that)

Rumour is with their defensive woes they want to clear cap. He's also heading into the final year of his deal and he wants a raise.

Stefanski was also his oc his first 2 years in minn.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

BlindSite posted:

Play posted:

BlindSite posted:

Stefanski was also his oc his first 2 years in minn.

Y'all need to stop with this evil-rear end poo poo. No. NO. Please god let not this heresy be.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

Y'all need to stop with this evil-rear end poo poo. No. NO. Please god let not this heresy be.

The browns love analytical moves too and theyre for sure going to look at his regular season numbers and expect them to continue.

They'll look at his record against playoff teams and assume... he's due to come good.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
Is cousins even remotely tradeable?

Like, I get his contract is an albatross, but if the Vikings ate like 100% of the salary, could they get a 1st round pick for him?

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

DoctaFun posted:

Is cousins even remotely tradeable?

Like, I get his contract is an albatross, but if the Vikings ate like 100% of the salary, could they get a 1st round pick for him?

Most the trades for QBs with big salaries usually result in some kind of restructure so the team trading for them doesn't eat the entire hit. Cousins I believe is in the vicinity of 30ish mil for a cap hit, but like the Panthers did with Bridgewater you can convert a big chunk of it to eat some of the cap for the team they're being traded to.

You would think if he got traded the Vikings would probably do something similar and take the hit for 10 mill with whatever team taking him giving him an extension and spreading more of that hit out. The Giants for instance who have the need and the picks to get a deal done couldn't fit him in their cap at the moment so some kind of fuckery would have to take place, same for the Panthers.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

If the Vikings ate his entire cap hit he would definitely, definitely be worth a first rounder if not that and more

Not sure if there's a team where that concept really fits that well right now though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Play posted:

If the Vikings ate his entire cap hit he would definitely, definitely be worth a first rounder if not that and more

Not sure if there's a team where that concept really fits that well right now though

I'm not sure it's possible for them to eat his entire hit. IIRC its basically a restructure to make it a roster bonus at whatever tomorrow date is and then the day after you'll be traded to team X. But the Vikings entire reason for trading him would be to get as much of his salary off the books as possible and while 10mill looks better than 30 I don't think there's a way the vikes agree to take the whole hit.

I think a more likely scenario would be someone getting a cheaper price for him and taking the full hit. There would be a few candidates who can fit 30 mill and would be in need though

Washington (lol)
Pittsburgh
Denver
Seattle
Cleveland

Again - they'd also likely sign him for another 2 years or so and convert some to bonus to pro rate the hit, but even if they planned on a one year rental and drafted someone Pitt, Cleveland, Denver and Seattle could all take the hit.