Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

metallicaeg posted:

I think my perfect bike would be one of these with the 765. And cruise control. Maybe they'll put the higher power 660 from the new Daytona in it sometime.

The Daytona 660 is ostensibly a sports bike, which are intended to be ridden at full throttle at the top of the rev range. The Daytona 660 makes more peak power, but while comfort cruising down the freeway, the engine tune in the Tiger is going to be more enjoyable. I have not looked a dyno chart to confirm this, but I suspect it is true!! But yeah I think they should sell more bikes with the 765 engine, at least in the US market, where the 660 license tier doesn't exist.

I find the Tiger Sport 660 way more appealing than I care to admit. However, once you add in stuff like the color matched luggage and fog lights (crucial dad bike kit), it's almost as expensive as a GSX-S1000GT+ (and more than a Street Triple with soft luggage).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

I love the idea of a triple, that said never having ridden one before, so that's a big part of it for me. There is one for rent in my area so I think I'll schedule a day or two and see how it works for me.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Had a triple in my 94 Geo Metro. Was not impressed

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

always wanted a geo tracker to careen around in

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug
The mono seat on the Tiger / Trident was really weird when I rode one. But I'm a fat American so maybe if you don't have a fupa it'd be fine.

A MIRACLE
Sep 17, 2007

All right. It's Saturday night; I have no date, a two-liter bottle of Shasta and my all-Rush mix-tape... Let's rock.

Did anyone on SA buy a panamerica

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!
I test rode one and enjoyed it. My brother has one, but he’s on the other side of the country.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Just tried out a Vstrom 650 with top and side hard cases, heated grips, and a giant adjustable windscreen. The luggage fit my backpack, change of clothes, lunch, and a large coffee from a stop before the office with room to spare, and absolutely soaked up an hour long commute each way then a polite jaunt into some twisties and back to cap off the day. Felt like I could keep going for hours still.

Is this how I get dadicalized?

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

RightClickSaveAs posted:

Just tried out a Vstrom 650 with top and side hard cases, heated grips, and a giant adjustable windscreen. The luggage fit my backpack, change of clothes, lunch, and a large coffee from a stop before the office with room to spare, and absolutely soaked up an hour long commute each way then a polite jaunt into some twisties and back to cap off the day. Felt like I could keep going for hours still.

Is this how I get dadicalized?

Hey did you take my bike while I wasn't looking?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

TotalLossBrain posted:

Hey did you take my bike while I wasn't looking?
Thanks for putting the side cases on, those came in handy :v:

I don't know if this is a standard adv thing but the biggest issue I had was the seat was much wider than I'm used to. Does feel really top heavy when not moving too, but I'm sure that's partly one of the tradeoffs of hard luggage