Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I sort of lost interest after COVID struck. I'm assuming they're still extending the deadline indefinitely but who knows.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
you've heard of the 'irish exit'

now here's the 'british exit' where they sit in your parlour eating jam biscuits and being racist until five AM - you come back downstairs and they are still there- did they go out to get more biscuits? this tin seems never ending. they must leave, but they do not. eventually you start eating the biscuits as well.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Yes. If you look on a map England is like sitting in the middle of the ocean and all the countries of Europe are still hanging out together, touching and kissing on a continent, far from England and her infamous smell.

edit: My parents' generation's definition of an Irish goodbye is you try to leave and you spend another hour talking while standing near the door and my generation's definition of an Irish goodbye is you leave without saying goodbye to anybody and then folks just notice you're gone. Irish is a land of contrasts.

kntfkr fucked around with this message at 16:30 on Dec 20, 2021

20 Blunts
Jan 21, 2017
what even is that? did you make it up?

Vakal
May 11, 2008
How long before the Northmen invade and sack London again?

Or is it the Saxon's turn?

Baconroll
Feb 6, 2009
Our sausages are now fully british and full of mechanically extracted 'meat' like the Queen intended. None of that euro-muck with lean cuts of meat, just honest pigs rectums.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
It happened but then they had another referendum and decided to join again, and they rejoined with worse terms, which then caused Scotland to say "gently caress this" and broke off and joined with the Faroe Islands, who decided to break off from Denmark due to a dispute over puffin quotas, and together with Ireland they formed the Greater Ireland Republic (greater than UK that is), which left the EU but stayed in the EEA while instead joining the African Union. With Ireland gone, Wales was now free to break off and join Greenland, now a part of the independent territory of Newfoundland; the rest of Canada having been sold off for scrap metal to Japan. With all other options now gone, the nationstate of England formally became part of United Belgium, with the restablishment of the Doggerland landbridge and is currently subject to a harsh campaign of belgification.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

The UK is brexiting Europe and brentering the US.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yes Britain has exited the Earths atmosphere and is currently en route to the sun, where it belongs.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
The Greater Ireland Co-Prosperity Sphere

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy

Mooey Cow posted:

and is currently subject to a harsh campaign of belgification.

process pictured below

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

yes, op.

brexit happened and we've also unrelatedly made it illegal to protest. there's regular supermarket shortages and the government is currently fighting itself as to how much to ignore the pandemic in an effort to cripple our struggling health services so they can be sold off and americanised.

this is the fault of jeremy corbyn and trans people, as i'm sure you're aware

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

there's a brexit in my pants and everyone's invidted

gleebster
Dec 16, 2006

Only a howler
Pillbug

Mooey Cow posted:

puffin quotas

A fine username there.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Yes it happened and now I have to do double the work in a particular aspect of my job that used to deal with European import regulations but of course now there’s a whole second set of regulations for the UK that are exactly like the European regulations except they say UK on them.

Lord Stimperor
Jun 13, 2018

I'm a lovable meme.

Mooey Cow posted:

It happened but then they had another referendum and decided to join again, and they rejoined with worse terms, which then caused Scotland to say "gently caress this" and broke off and joined with the Faroe Islands, who decided to break off from Denmark due to a dispute over puffin quotas, and together with Ireland they formed the Greater Ireland Republic (greater than UK that is), which left the EU but stayed in the EEA while instead joining the African Union. With Ireland gone, Wales was now free to break off and join Greenland, now a part of the independent territory of Newfoundland; the rest of Canada having been sold off for scrap metal to Japan. With all other options now gone, the nationstate of England formally became part of United Belgium, with the restablishment of the Doggerland landbridge and is currently subject to a harsh campaign of belgification.

(Installs paradox game)

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Only soft brexit. Hard brexit comes next year I think. After that we've actually brexited so the country gets closed down and everyone leaves

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Vakal posted:

Inshah'allah Britain will again be part of the Scandinavian empire

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
One of my coworkers is half english. How do i repatriate him? Budget is 15 euros

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug

Convex posted:

Only soft brexit. Hard brexit comes next year I think. After that we've actually brexited so the country gets closed down and everyone leaves

You're forgetting about red white and blue brexit. Those are actually not one brexit either but three separate colored brexits.

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Icochet posted:

One of my coworkers is half english. How do i repatriate him? Budget is 15 euros

Just ship him to the royal palace COD.

WhyZodiac
Oct 29, 2015

Ramrod XTreme
Brexit won't happen until Boris Johnson slaps his knee before standing up and saying "Right", it's the law.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010

Vakal posted:

Eh, the northmen are massive pussies now. I would say Ireland but they have been doing that since the 1860's.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
brexit is a type of cereal from our favourite company: Kellogs

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

you brexit you buy it

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

a dmc delorean posted:

brexit is a type of cereal from our favourite company: Kellogs

No thats Frosties, he just resigned

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

brexit is loving dumb lol

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Mooey Cow posted:

I read all the way to "puffin quotas" before picking up that you were joking because that's how stupid the world is right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mom and dad fight a lot
Sep 21, 2006

If you count them all, this sentence has exactly seventy-two characters.

The Walrus posted:

you've heard of the 'irish exit'

now here's the 'british exit' where they sit in your parlour eating jam biscuits and being racist until five AM - you come back downstairs and they are still there- did they go out to get more biscuits? this tin seems never ending. they must leave, but they do not. eventually you start eating the biscuits as well.

lol