Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Having successfully became a Morrowind guy (I get it now, it is a good game), I am moving on to the next mountain to conquer: creating a house that doesn't look like poo poo in sims. how do i do this? what are the secrets of interior design and architecture?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
Get a bush because it triples as a toilet, bed, and hookup spot.

cosmo sex tip
Sep 26, 2005
contains sodium borate, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase, and fragrance.

honestly the best thing i can recommend is looking at actual blueprints and floorplans for the style of houses you like. Sims works on a grid system so the scale of things isn't exactly 1-to-1 with the real world but they can at least give you a good idea of what living spaces typically look like/require. Especially if you're trying to do a specific style, like a 1950s midcentury-modern home, or a victorian painted lady, or like a 1980s cocaine glass-and-steel paradise, they all differ in shape and room layout and stuff. The game lets you filter build-mode and buy-mode elements by design-style now since one of the more recent updates too so that can be helpful.

Other than that you can look at people who do builds on youtube!! There's a bunch of people who record themselves building neat houses and some of them are pretty good about explaining their process.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

cosmo sex tip posted:

honestly the best thing i can recommend is looking at actual blueprints and floorplans for the style of houses you like. Sims works on a grid system so the scale of things isn't exactly 1-to-1 with the real world but they can at least give you a good idea of what living spaces typically look like/require. Especially if you're trying to do a specific style, like a 1950s midcentury-modern home, or a victorian painted lady, or like a 1980s cocaine glass-and-steel paradise, they all differ in shape and room layout and stuff. The game lets you filter build-mode and buy-mode elements by design-style now since one of the more recent updates too so that can be helpful.

Other than that you can look at people who do builds on youtube!! There's a bunch of people who record themselves building neat houses and some of them are pretty good about explaining their process.

so how many rugs should i put down?

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
The Sims has influenced an entire generation of architects and interior designers, so now real life houses look like ugly glitchy messes from a computer game.

cosmo sex tip
Sep 26, 2005
contains sodium borate, xanthan gum, sucrose stearate, glucose, glucose oxidase & lactoperoxidase, and fragrance.

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

do what your heart feels is right

(seriously, sims 4 doesn't have an "environment" score that matters anymore it just gives a useless moodlet buff, decorate however you want)

Sisal Two-Step
May 29, 2006

mom without jaw
dad without wife

i'm taking all the Ls now, sorry

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

at least 3, no more than 20

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Are there any mods to make their boobs bigger???

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
a single wall with a toilet on one side and a telephone on the other

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Nooner posted:

Are there any mods to make their boobs bigger???

ea added boob functionality in for the nightlife expansion in sims 3. its part of the base game for 4.

les enfants Terrific!
Dec 12, 2008

Sisal Two-Step posted:

at least 3, no more than 20

All located in front of fireplaces and ovens, if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Hidden penises and boobs in everything OP. Or even not hidden. Rooms, couches, cabinets, everything’s either a dick or tits.