Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blood Shart
Sep 23, 2010

I just looked up The Similars after recommending it to someone and apparently the internet really didn't like this movie. I'm shocked!

It's a well crafted film, everyone involved appeared to be at least competent which I can't always say and it's deeply evocative of Rod Sterling's work. If you like The Lighthouse or The Thing I think you'd like this movie, it's in the "people stranded in a place while things they don't understand happen" tradition. I really love this movie and it's a shame I don't get more opportunities to discuss it with people. The trailer isn't great but it also works very hard not to give the film away.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beAgxI4tNDc

What is your favorite movie nobody ever watches but you constantly recommend? Maybe we can find someone else who has seen it and you can discuss it here on the internet the way Al Gore intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I liked (but didn't love) the Similars. The setting and general premise were great, but I didn't like the ending.

I love Dead and Buried and feel like almost no one has heard of this movie. It's basically about a small town where *something* weird is going on and the Sheriff is trying to figure it out. It also has amazing special effects by Stan Winston, except for one scene that I gotta assume an intern or assistant or something was in charge of.

You should absolutely go into this movie blind because there are a handful of moments that shocked the hell out of me, even having seen a LOT of horror movies.