Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Kasrkin posted:

yeah, i fixed my game in 1.3 for the time being, for that exact reason. didn't want to start over again.

what is the name of the mod with the Forklift in it?

That one is motors, specifically a version that had continued development by another modder:

https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=2783323695

And while I'm here: I wont be getting Biotech for now. I'll finish up these last 2 colonies first before getting all the new stuff from that DLC I might also already have ideas for themed colonies for that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Delirious Party Life 14

gently caress me. Ok, I can salvage this. Just have to gen a new world, so say goodbye to all our previous friends...

Yeah, thats how I felt when the patch dropped. I'll gen a world and use the character editor mod to give everyone their skills, equipment and chrome back. Though the persona weapons wont be the same since I can't choose their traits. And not all the chrome is put back in cause I don't remember what I put in everyone. But I do remember making an energy core for everyone's heart, a love enhancer and a reprocessor stomach.

Oh right, need to also set everyone's relationships back too....

Aaaaahhhh

Chooo!

Within seconds of landing a frigate landed. Probably from all the absurd wealth I'm starting with, what with the chromed colonists and a bunch of luci. But that doesn't matter. First fire up devmode, hit godmode...

Plop a bunch of gold dere advance spacer beds all over to spike the colony wealth.

Which gets us the offer of the archonexus quest, and we can use devmode to bypass the requirements and skip straight to the next step. Then do it again for the next step

And now for our third colony, it will be here on a land bridge between 2 friendly factions. I originally wanted to do a tundra colony but when it gets cold we can't request guests to show up cause of the dangerous temperature, even though the colony is climate controlled.

Upon landing we get this message, time to get to decoding

Here is an overview of our new location, its an isthmus! I cropped it out, but the east and west sides of the map are pure ocean, so any invaders will come in from the north and south only.

Here is the archotech structure we must study and this time it has even more towers surrounding it. This will require more studying than the previous version, as this is a grand archotect structure. Its kinda smack dab in the center of the isthmus though, taking up space. Its kinda... kinda....

Absolutely perfect

Also I don't know whats up with the rotting greater elemental and some other rimmagic creature being there.

Got Godna built, Lynneth is chopping trees to build up all the basics. I get a stonecutter set up so we can start building up walls

Oh no, not yorkshire terriers! What can we possibly-

Oh, thats a lot of the little bastards.

Sniping and blowing up these dogs make me feel like a CSPAM poster

Got a very basic set up here, since our wealth is so high everyone wants a ideology symbol up

Hrm, well this can be an issue. Wish there was a way to just allow them passage and not risk getting into a fight if they get close. It is interesting that one of them has an exclamation point where we can ask for a quest.

As the caravan passes with no incident, we should let them know the name of the place of the future club RHCP. This isthmus connects 2 larger pieces of land, so we're really Under The (land) Bridge here. By The Way, Look Around and Tell Me Baby, when you're finished Road Trippin' and you reach the Otherside, would you spread word of our Sick Love Around the World My Friends? Sorry, I Can't Stop and whenever a pun appears in my head I have to Give It Away. Its one of my Dark Necessities.

And with the help of a diagonal wall mod, I can make the design I want for the colony.

On the south side of the isthmus I found both the ancient danger as well as a decently sized gold vein, which is good as I need some gold.

For some reason the only option for a pentabed is the royal bed, which needs gold. But hey, its worth more so it is easy to get the bedroom as somewhat impressive once I throw down some wood flooring inside.

And it seems everyone is eager to use it!

Oh no :( An eclipse hit and Sharkey didn't get enough light to survive. Yeah the crystalline caracals need so much light to survive. Its also my fault for not building any lights so far, sorry Sharkey :(

:( Everyone also gets a venerated animal death mood for -5

Now I was going to bury Sharkey but... Lynneth had other things on mind and butchered him.

Oh for gently caress's sakes. I make Heretic carry all the luci.

The north side of the colony will be holding our kitchen and food storage. Wall refrigerators will give colonists and guests easy access to the food, and for now I got the ones not being used turned off. The excess space up here will also hold future alcohol distilleries.

Ah yeah, typical colony start mistake. Forgetting to put a roof over the batteries. The east side of the colony will have our power and utility stuff.

A bulk trader stopped by and hey, our luciferium addicted duck is worth more than a non luciferium addicted duck. So we'll go ahead and swap them around

Well congrats to those two. Don't know why I didn't just make everyone married to begin with. And no, I don't know why Heretic's cool hat isn't showing up in game. I set it to show the hat but it just isn't.

Another hostile caravan came through, but unlike the last one who took the nearby road and avoided the colony, they headed straight for the colony and even splitting up to go around it. Despite starting at the road. I was hoping they'd pass through but a friendly caravan decided to start some poo poo.

A few kills though and the rest of the caravan turned around and left. We get some extra food for our troubles.

Throwing a sky lantern festival while some traders are visiting, its chill times all around.

Or it isn't I guess!

The southeast is going to be the storage and workshop area. Now its cool that I can do slanted walls like this but... it becomes an issue when you can't place other furniture at an angle.

And congrats to Heretic for being the first colonist to be engaged to every other colonist.

.... There is gonna be a lot of marriages happening at some point.

And so it begins with the first marraige. I guess its a good thing that Godna cares not for such gatherings and will continue working.

Speaking of, lets take a look at how everything is coming along now. Its uh... well, it looked better in my head. Its really difficult to keep the diagonal parts the same size with each other. I even made the northwestern part a bit wider and its still looking thinner than the rest.

I also vastly underestimated just how much space I've taken up. I'm thinking the area in the north, where I got the ducks at, I'll convert to a greenhouse. I plan on having animals in the northeast section when I build that.

The northwest side gets its roof removed and haygrass planted and all the fowl are moved into there. They were eating the smokeleaf I had growing in the northern side :mad: And if you're wondering why I have a fence right in front of the walls and door, well ducks can just walk through doors apparently. Even after I locked out pets and animals they still do it.

Oh wow now that is something that you absolutely cannot hold off on. Finally something threatening has happened, besides those 2 hostile caravans its been quiet.

Bunch of turrets and a high-shield generator here. One fatal flaw for them however:

Its trivially easy to punch through walls. We blow everything up and then head on back home.

I noticed Lela's mood was in the pits and er, what? How do you propose to someone then reject them when they propose to you? And how is cheating even a concept in this colony everyone is poly! And what the hell is with those mood maluses? 61 points for being cheated on? To put it into perspective: Having your spouse, son AND daughter die is still lower than what being cheated on give, by one point sure, but still.

And she is going to have -100 loving mood for 21 days. God drat. I guess its a good thing the smokeleaf harvest is in.

A manhunter pack comes in and you'd think oh, its just a bunch of mice. Who cares. Well these are fission mice who will split when they die. I was content to just wait them out but...

A caravan came through, and thank god these things when they split don't retain the scaria. Cause 20 of these things suddenly turning into 60 and then 180 would be absolutely nightmarish.

And then a bunch of manhunting guinea pigs. Clearly there is a science lab nearby that is dropping the ball. At least we have meat for the winter now.

A hunting party came through and spammed my events by pissing off the wildlife. And after all that they only took one muffalo with them.

Oh my loving god why. At this rate I'm gonna need to have Lela on smokeleaf, flake AND yayo all at once.

But then I remembered Lynneth's counseling ability that an ideology's spiritual guide has, which gives an equal mood bonus for the same length as a negative mood. It has a 3 day cooldown so I should be able to pop this a few more times and basically negate those absurd mood penalties.

Alright, I think I know how to keep Lela from burning the colony down...

Er.. everyone was on their way but apparently that was all that was needed. Whatever gets them going I guess.

And with that, one year has come to pass. At this point I need to start researching droid making to get more defenders and I really need to get a medical robot brought in.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Hurraa! You have returned to rimworld: warcrimes, cannibalisms, and orgy relationship simulator!

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

The massive dramabomb is probably due to magically forcing everyone to be in a relationship with everyone else during mapgen, due to order-of-operations you get the wack-rear end ["ayo wtf all 4 of my partners have other lovers"] mood debuff before the game actually applied your [oops all vixens] clusterfuck of an ideology?

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Its weird cause no one else has the "so and so cheated on me!" thing. Everyone is in the same bedroom so Lela having 2 instances of that should have at least 3 other characters also being mad at being cheated on, but there isn't.

Though this is assuming pawns have to personally see the cheating happening and they don't just magically know like in the Sims

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Leal posted:

Its weird cause no one else has the "so and so cheated on me!" thing. Everyone is in the same bedroom so Lela having 2 instances of that should have at least 3 other characters also being mad at being cheated on, but there isn't.

Though this is assuming pawns have to personally see the cheating happening and they don't just magically know like in the Sims

That sounds even more like a corner case of being the "first" pawn created before your faction+ideologion technically existed?

Keldulas
Mar 18, 2009
Honestly, it doesn't surprise me that this disaster of a coding interaction happen. As someone who has played Rimworld Multiplayer, I can say with absolute certainty that sometimes the game decides to just break.

At least this way of breaking is amusing.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Delirious Party Life 15

Today we begin with Drakenel blasting a fission mouse that made its way into the groundhouse. Which then spreads into 3 third generation mice. Extra meat for us I guess. The single ceiling heatlamp I have in here is absolutely tearing through our power, 2 chemfuel generators, a solar panel and a wind turbine isn't working out too well. Industrial generators will be researched, ideally we should be able to grow enough crops to keep up with chemfuel needs. And if not, well our colonists will be too stoned/drunk/hosed to be bothered by converting raiders into chemfuel.

In other news, I have potatoes growing to make vodka. Having Bios hoof it to one of the nearby friendly settlements to keep up with alcohol demand is getting tedious.

In the southeast I have workshops set up, turning leathers into hats and pumping out statues for our art requirements. Should probably make rugs with the leather instead of hats. Eh.

Welp, there goes that plan of having Lela be counselled over and over again. I guess its a good thing she has such an extremely low mental break threshold.

Then some pirates drop in directly into the warehouse room.

And then start setting fires like a bunch of god drat assholes :mad: And I JUST put wooden flooring in the entire room so the colonists would stop complaining about how ugly the room was.

In hindsight, putting down wooden flooring where everyone has laser guns which set people on fire/can overheat and explode is not the smartest idea.

Oh god, here we go with the mixed raids. An auto-medic and 2 auto-haulers were in the raid. I guess this can provide some much needed components once I build a machining table

I notice something up with the greenhouse, and apparently the range that the archotech structure destroys plants is way larger than I thought. Thats annoying, thankfully it seems that archotech pulse poo poo only effects actively growing plants, our harvested crops and meats are not being damaged.

I pop open the ancient danger and all it had was a single centipede with an inferno cannon. I need components, was hoping for a few more mechs to be in here. The hermatic crate has a healer serum by the way.

And officially the first year ends :toot:

Oh gently caress off you unsatisfied lamers :mad:

I finally get a task drone builder set up and get BreadMaster here built, coming out rusty for some reason. Who better to handle the crops?

Speaking of crops, in the greenhouse I got potatoes for vodka and mint for gourmet meals, but I also got canola growing. They produce a lot of chemfuel so I'll be keeping them coming along until we hit like a thousand chemfuel in storage.

I also start having Godna build up walls around the club to force sieges to come in one direction. I don't particularly fancy having the raiders split up evenly around the club and coming in from multiple directions.

A mechanoid raid happened and besides 4 of the 9 mechs being god drat centipedes, one had a flame thrower. This group got burned and I realized one of them had a firefoam popper belt equipped, so I popped it. Didn't know that pawns would also have the foam on their sprites, thats neat. The popper isn't used up, it can be refilled with chemfuel... strangely enough.

Several meteorites crash nearby and I get my hopes up. First I think the top one is gold, but its copper. The red one is rose quartz, which is not ruby. Though honestly, what I could really use is a meteorite of steel. I'm researching up the SRTS stuff and realizing I need an assload of steel. Oh, but what about the mechanoid ships that surely must be landing in the background? Yeah, about those...

Part of me thinks that having 2 previous colonies is messing something up cause they are not spawning anywhere close to the club. The closest one is a 5 day trip... one way. And really at those distances... I don't think the Skip can even manage that

It turns out in the contract for selling Club Jungle Love, Bios managed to slip in a line that we get to keep the albatross!

And now that we're gonna go on raids, time to get a medicbot in here.

With our increased steel income, time to build a sleep accelerator. And yes, everyone does benefit from it! In fact I should shift the bed over so I can put an end table on the otherside, then pop a dresser nearby...

Oh and at some point a turtle self tamed. So thats neat.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I should research bridges sooner rather than later so I can seal off this area...

God why did I go with this club design, all the raids just run circles around the place :shepface:

Huh, I don't think the black hives always look like that. They look way more... tumor-y.

Lol, lmao even. And here I was not wanting to settle in the tundra cause it'll be too cold for guests.

I take a quest to clear out a bandit camp for the goodwill and hey, it was enough to get an alliance. Should start shuttling gifts to everyone to get more friends.

Dude, take a loving hint.

Ah frigates. Its been far too long.

Let's just blow up the reactor with a star shot to take care of those pesky turrets and to aggro the mechs, then pick everyone off one by one...

God I miss getting so much materiel doing this.

Our guests have chosen a perfect time to leave the club, right as nearly 40 manhunting rabbits have shown up. I'd make a Monty Python joke but such things are beneath me.

Of course the annoying thing about this is when I try to help out the drat guests are off taking potshots at a distance with rapid fire weapons and keep shooting the colonists in the back :mad:

Mechs take great offense to clearing out their frigate and attack. Should probably get some proper cover down here. And you know, some proper combat bots so the colonists can retire to a life of pure hedonism.

And Silentsnack and Slaan here are going to be the first of the mech defenders. I'm going to actually use hacked mechs in this colony dammit!

And Bravelittletoast here is our first think tank. Need that research coming in, especially when the colonists are out destroying mech ships.

Speaking of mech ships, a lancer blew out Heretic's lung. Good thing I still have that healing serum!

Meet our secondary colony! Its on an island, of course the place can still be attacked by people on foot but they'll be moving slow as hell until they get out of the water.

Senrath here will be working around the clock to get things built here.

Welcome to Club RHCP, where the volcanic ash is also toxic.

And the locals make you learn stuff. No wonder we only have 1 guest visiting.

Let's talk about what the club currently has on offer. Besides a "medicine" cabinet full of vodka, cigs, joints and pumpkin spice coffee that I randomly bought, we have meals consisting of:

Rice and mushroom stir fry
Gourmet bakes of meat, apples (??) and spices
Gourmet desserts with mint, black insect jelly and granny smith apples.
Fine meals consisting of bell peppers and meat.

Now I grew a bunch of bellpeppers so I could use them in omelettes, I got a mod for that. But for whatever reason I just cannot make any, despite having a bunch of eggs in the fridge. So no breakfast served here, sadly.

Popped the ancient danger at the island and thats just rude, a centipede with a minigun.

Searching through the rest of the area, the pod had a dead person and the crate had a scroll that summons a permanent rift that cools down the room its in.

Finally got enough steel and silver to fully fill the disco floor. The archotech structures do this pulse every now and then which looks so cool with the disco floor moving. I wish there was a way to keep it animated even without an active disco event going on.

A second centipede joins the military, Cugel. They're glowing blue. No there isn't any special status effect or upgrade, they're just blue.

Oh, well thats a problem. More destroyers have been getting dropped that I've been ignoring. Maybe its time to move up from frigates. I do have Drakenel taking a dip in the biogoo though, and they are the best option for taking on the mechanoid ships...

*blink* Hold up, what?

So THATS why our stuff keeps going faster than I think it should be :argh:

I make a second chefbot, Someone Awful, to tend to the crops at Island Factory. I plan on having all the growing happening here and shuttling the crops over. This will spare me from having to use extra power for the sunlamps at the club. I'll also throw the ducks and any other livestock over to here.

Beyond that, Someone Awful will be a help in moving stuff around while Senrath is busy building stuff.

As build stuff Senrath does. The island is walled up, which will give me time to send reinforcements when a siege arrives.

The empire offers a quest that will get me a bunch of steel and possibly some more mech recruits. I go with the goodwill, friendship is forever or something.

Thankfully this mech cluster decided to hide all its turrets behind a wall, so I can have Drakenel starshot the turrets on this side and have the mechs slowly file in.

Then I have bios chuck a cloaking device in Drakenel to get close, while Lela uses an EMP spell to keep them from being blasted to high hell. For some reason the mechs aren't too excited to actually bother attacking so I retreat everyone, let them take care of their needs and then come back once Lela's EMP spell is off cooldown and Drakenel gets nanite bullets regenerated.

Fun fact: You can deconstruct actively burning walls. Or at least drones can.

I research nuclear power and set it up on the east side. It takes 5 AC vents to keep the room at a cozy 70F. Also it seems if you have more uranium in it (it defaults to only 50/100) it both increases the power as well as the radius where it leaks radiation. So this baby between 90-100 provides 38 thousand power.

And all that power will provide for the growing mech defense force! No I don't know why more of them are blue, it might be related to why I can't rename them for some reason. Anything I put, even a single letter, will say "Name invalid".

A quest shows up for an empire shuttle making an emergency landing, I was hoping this would be a good chance to test out the mechs. So of course not only does the shuttle crash as far away as possible from the colony, but the raiders also spawn right next to them :sigh:

Thankfully a combination of the water movement debuff and Lela's attraction ability basically kept the raiders stuck in place while everyone blasted away. And after the shuttle picks everyone up we are now allied with the empire.

At Island Factory I have 2 new things to show off here. On the left is an automatic drill, it'll spit out a rock chunk every 2 hours. It requires steel to continue running, 75 steel lasts 15 days. I have conveyor belts running the rocks to the steel extractor. Not the fastest but hey, 10 steel every 2 game hours isn't too bad. Though, probably not worth using nearly 1.5kW of power for. They definitely want you using nuclear power with this.

Under the steel extractor is a textile recycler. It uses up 650w of power and takes 2 hours to recycle clothing. It doesn't break the clothing down to the material used to make it, everything turns into cloth or patchwork leather. On one hand, no getting fancy hyperweave from raider's clothing. On the other hand, if you just want cloth and not 20 different types of textile and leather, this is for you. I'm trying to get down the mindbend carpet back at the club, so I'm all for getting extra cloth.

Currently got 4 geothermal vents going to power this place. In the greenhouse I have some columns that double as heated sunlamps, so I can fully roof that room and keep everything toasty during the winter. The building in the south will be housing the factory buildings, items still start to deteriorate in the hoppers if they're outside. The idea is that raw resources start from the bottom and get refined as they move up to a drop off point so I can pick the stuff up with a shuttle.

At the club I did build 3 tidal generators in the safe zone, before I finally went and made a nuclear plant. I'm also removing the diagonal walls so I can have all the walls turn into glitter glass walls. And speaking of those, they've been updated. Now instead of a bunch of steel you need to make a glitter glass sheet for each wall segment. These require 2 glitterglass powder, which each requires steel and a stone chunk. Also you need 2 workbenches, one to make the powder and one to make the glass. In short: Its made way more tedious.

Thankfully some settlements will sell the sheets and they're 3.20 a pop. Gives me something good to trade all our hats and statues for. I do believe the walls were buffed in that they now have 750 health, so thats nice.

In the southern exention of the club I put 5 neural superchargers and a biosculpter for each colonists, with the room fully covered in sterile tile. A lot of extra space though, I think I'll move everything around and put some hospital beds in there. The southwest extension is where the research benches are and since we have think tanks on the island I may as well deconstruct those and do something else with the room. Maybe I'll chuck the mechs in there, since they'll be able to deploy immediately to the entrance.

The northwest extension is where I chucked the ideology symbol, that way I can make the western extension purely for bedding and bathrooms. And god that extension looks ugly as poo poo. I'll need to rework that.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Delirious Party Life 16

Its that wonderful time of the year again, where everyone stands in front of the archotech structure and celebrate. Give thanks to the archotech structure.

Boogie with the archotech structure

I should explain this eyesore on the dance floor. I was going to build a hot spring over it but the archotect tower is too close for the hot springs blueprint :mad: So its just sitting there taking up space. Also I can't build floors under the archotech structures so they leave those ugly squares in the disco floor. Frustrating.

The bedroom wing is pretty much finished. The guests can now pay for a room all to themselves, or they can bunk for free.

:911:

Welp, looks like the club is now a no tell motel. Good luck getting into a bed together.

Northern wing is finalized, plenty of space for extra cooking stuff and a big ol' freezer that gets its stock shuttled over from the factory. Except the meat, the mechoids hunt the wildlife here. Above the stove is an electric oven for baking recipes, and to the right of that is a mill to grind into flour that is used in said oven. Now that means we need to actually grind down something (wheat, corn, rice or barley), it doesn't work with the spelt flower which is harvested as flour. Thats fine, I prefer separating the ingredients so when I see what isn't getting made I know what to grow.

Baked options include pizza, cookies, bread, muffines, sweet rolls and pies. I'm having fruit pies made. For pies you also need sugarcane, that is the VGP Garden version. Always great when multiple mods all have their own version of the same thing, like how I have 2 different teas and coffee options :shepface:

You may notice in the left of the kitchen there are 2 soup pots, ready to start cooking. Breadmaster is prepping up gourmet soups: Hot sauce, meat and beans. So chili. Cause chili has beans in it, otherwise it'd just be meat sauce :byodood: The hot sauce is made on the prep table, it requires peppers to make some.

Then there is the ambrosia vat, still trying to get a good bottle of bubbly made. And finally those 2 white squares are columns that also function as lights. In fact, in the freezer you may notice another column, that is a "frozen column" which drops temps and provides some light, for 400W. These of course help with roof support, which is great.

As for how the place is being supplied, we got 4 sunlamp's worth of area that is plowed to grow what we need. I'm rotating through whatever, until I hit a thousand of a certain crop. Inbetween I also get some cotton and bamboo growing for decorative purposes. I also have a little barn going with some cows, though for now they go unmilked as I haven't built a harvester yet. As to what happened to the ducks? Well.... it got real cold in winter... and I didn't have a barn up quite yet....

Anyways, I have a freezer set up in the warhouse to hold crops for transportation, as well as a grinder to grind up anything that happens to die in the map (and when I get an auto slaughter machine set up for the animals. Or just build an android to do those jobs).

Now in the building I was setting up last update I've put a few factory buildings inside. There is an alcohol mixer on the left (with a second one on the way cause good lord one isn't enough). I'm thinking of setting up 4 of these and then dedicating one of the sunlamps to grow different crops for 4 different types of liquor.

Below that is a chemfuel clarifier. It makes chemfuel out of 1 corpse or 20 wood. As this is a desert we don't have much wood, though I can convert bamboo into wood at the industrial mason. After 2 hours 20 wood turns into 10 chemfuel. A body however produces over 60 chemfuel. Though I'm sure you get a better return butchering the corpse and then turning the meat into chemfuel.

On the right side, the bottom building is a component assembler. For 12 steel it'll produce a component in 4 hours. And its dawning on me that a single hopper can hold more items than what the factory building will take in. It doesn't take additional items until it finishes making something. Unless your haulers are severely slacking off, that hopper wont ever run out. So why are there 4 insertion points for the component assembler? Its already weird with the other factories having 3, like the steel extractor will not break down rock chunks faster than the automatic drill will put a chunk out, so you'll never build 3 drills to supply one extractor.

Anyway, above that I have an advance furnace from rimindustry to melt down slag for steel, rotten corpses into fertilizer and smelting scyther blades. Above that is a smart recycler for breaking down weapons, apparel and mechs.

... Why is everyone hanging out in the freezer? Get out of there! Yes its summer but its only 80 in the rest of the club!

You should instead hang out in the hot tub... that I was able to place over the geyser with no negative effects?

Oh man, mother's day must be great for Augustina here. Thats 5 gifts every year!

I have an absolute excess of plasteel right now from the mech ships I've been omitting (only so many times I can type "Drakenel uses starshot at a distance, Lela uses EMP when the mechs bunch up, everyone goes home while Godna deconstructs/mines the area before bringing everything home") which will let me make some gilded plasteel with the rimforge forge. I may not be making OP metal armor and weapons, but there are a few other uses here...

One of them is building this greenhouse controller. Needing 100 gilded plasteel, 50 copper and 12 advanced components this does 2 things: It doubles growth rate during the day... and grows at normal rate at night! Yeah, plants normally don't grow at all during night, but this bypasses that and has them continue going. So not only would it be going twice as fast as normal, but for half the day when plants typically stop growing it just keeps on trucking.

The downside is the god drat lying power needed marker. It says 50, but its more like 4 thousand watts.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! Cause you don't even have to be in the range of a sunlamp! Yeah you can just throw one of these in a room and you can grow whatever wherever! As a test I removed the sun lamps in here and they haven't stopped growing. The only thing it doesn't handle is heat, so be sure to throw a radiator in the room.

RIP Lela, got shot up when the geyser under the hot tub erupted.

With the influx of plasteel, advance components and steel from raiding ships I'm starting to build up our advance war droid army. It'd be nice to manually control some units along the automated mechanoids. King Doom and CalamitousJustice make up the start of this army.

And its about time to use this army. A bunch of raiders talking mad poo poo and setting up bases nearby.

BEHOLD YOUR DO- gently caress I forgot Heretic was in the biogoo

Anyways lets put an end to hostilities.

Er... or ... not? What the hell, why does this keep happening?

I guess this was a slave encampment that they just... didn't bother to garrison.

Rare is it to see all the colonists eating at once. And boy, do they all love their fruit pies.

Another year has gone by :toot: And this year we have a special present...

The final part of the map! I haven't exactly finished what I wanted to do here but honestly... this playthrough has gone a bit long. Basically doing 3 restarts really kills my momentum, so lets finish this off.

I didn't get to fully enclose the club in lit up walls, but thats fine. I'm sure the new owners can go through the tedious process of needing 2 chunks for 1 section of wall finish it

Our mech "army". I'm sorry, I really did try but man, there is a difference between 8-15 mechs attacking you and you can only muster up at most 15 pawns to fight them, and then having around 10 of your own mechs against raids that have over 50 bodies rushing and shooting at them. I had some scythers but they just loving died off the jump, and died so fast they weren't even effective ablative armor. And unlike combat droids where I can just chuck materials in and get replacements, I'd have to get into a fight and hope the mechs would be downed instead of being killed. Interesting concept, but I couldn't deal with it.

The south wing was where the biopods and neural superchargers were kept. I actually had to lock up the doors to keep the droids from entering cause they would just waltz in and use up the supercharger, which was pointless because they don't gain any xp! And since I filled the room with sterile tile for the cleanliness bonus for the pods, I sectioned off some of it for a hospital.

The southwest wing was pretty much a placeholder after I made the thinktanks. I mean, more research is always nice don't get me wrong. I did have some ideas for this room but never got around to them, sorry! The west wing hasn't changed much since I posted the bedrooms so we'll skip over that.

The northwest wing was holding our ideology symbol. I don't like how its required, I wish there was a way to not need this stuff for ideologies that don't do worshiping. I was slowly replacing the wood with carpet but man, mindbend carpet is expensive cotton wise. I was gonna throw storage in here with stuff to sell to visiting guests, but that never panned out.

The north wing had a few additions, 2 cheese presses to make cheese. But well, it takes a week to make cheese.. at awful quality. So that didn't pan out. Neither did the ambrandy :negative:

The northeast wing housed the albatross, as well as a pod launcher to throw gifts around. Ho hum.

East wing was our power and utilities. That nuclear reactor was single handidly taking care of our power needs, with nearly 30k to spare with the tidal generators contributing.

Southeast wing had all our storage and workshops. Between entertaining guests the colonists would pump out statues and hats to turn to silver. To address the elephant in the room: I forgot to reinstall the rimapps mod, so no streaming all day to build servers to generate simp cash. Instead foxgirl statues and hats are what people were buying.

In the rec area we had one table dedicated for serving guests while the other would be open for everyone else. On the right we had an arcade cabinet and poker table. And if you preferred your entertainment to be ingested, we had a cabinet full of cigs, joints, flake and alcohol.

The factory didn't really change much, though I did get a third alcohol mixer installed. I was throwing down more factory flooring and then moving the mixers down there, and have space for a fourth. I woulda used it to make beer from hops.

Cows were doing pretty good, whenever there was too many adults I would fly them back over to the club and slaughter them. On the right is an automated milker, which uses hay to lure over animals and milks them.

I was reworking the greenhouse to take advantage of no longer needing to stick to the confines of sun lamps. You know how much spelt flour you go through making bakes? Way more than you think!

And the storage and the brave droids who kept everything running :salute: I was going to build proper storage for everything, but the factory buildings just take up so many resources.

How appropriate that the last ritual is the only one that actually had a positive result. Trust me, I omitted many lame parties and grotesque orgies.

Oh and Dervin was the latest wardroid to be made.

Now we don't immediately get booted from the colony, we have to manually travel to the place.

Thankfully it isn't too far away. This also means we can bring some backup to the place.

And there it is, the core. Not a whole lot of mechs hanging around it, I guess after going through 3 colonies they cut you a break at the very end.

But we have some mechs of our own, no real strategy, just push on forward.

Whats something you don't wanna hear from a drunk and high hedonist?

"Wanna see something funny?"

This ending has its own song

And thus ends the Delirious Party Life, a crew who got high enough to see (machine) god.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Godna et al didn't deserve machine uploading because they held the heretical belief that chili doesn't need beans. They got what they deserved :colbert:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Slaan posted:

Godna et al didn't deserve machine uploading because they held the heretical belief that chili doesn't need beans. They got what they deserved :colbert:

:hai:

Sorry for this ending being so abrupt. Its safe to say I lost steam after doing basically 3 colonies in one. Taking so long between updates cause of a crappy job didn't help...

So here is my question for the wizard colony. I'm not sure if a colony that is ultimately going around and looking for animals makes for entertainment. What do you all think? Should I can it and start up a new thread for biotech content?

BraveLittleToaster
May 5, 2019
I'd be up for seeing the wizard colony canned and a new thread focusing on the biotech content in Rimworld. That seems like the better way forward.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

Same, or just change the wizard requirements as you want, you're the one playing after all.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

BraveLittleToaster posted:

I'd be up for seeing the wizard colony canned and a new thread focusing on the biotech content in Rimworld. That seems like the better way forward.

:hai:

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

SIGSEGV posted:

Same, or just change the wizard requirements as you want, you're the one playing after all.

yeah, this! do what's fun for you

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

as a new member of the transcendent machine consciousness i vote for maximizing op's fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4037359

New thread is up