Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Imhughjass
Dec 24, 2021
Hey all,
There were a couple scenes in Prometheus that I remember seeing in the theater, but anytime I ask someone about it, no one seems to remember it. Though, one of my friends said it brought back some kind of vague recollection for him. (I’m new here so I hope I’m posting in the right spot & no one gets pissed at me, if I do anything wrong, plz tell me & I’ll fix it). I remember a scene onboard the Prometheus in between leaving earth & arriving at LV-224, where Peter Weyland is shown onboard as having stowed away & he either talks to David or to vickers. I could be misremembering & this is could’ve occurred once landing on LV-223. I clearly remember this being before it’s revealed in the movie though. Another thing I remember that isn’t in the movie when I watch it is that after their discovery at the start of the movie, shaw & Holloway meet with Peter weyland who agrees to fund the expedition. I used to & still do watch lots of clips from movies before they come out on ign & I remembered one of weyland giving a speech like a ted talk & this one was on ign. But the others I remember seeing in the theater opening day & ive never seen those two scenes since. It can’t be a dream cuz while I don’t remember it as vividly now, I remembered them very clearly the first time I watched it on Blu-ray, shocked they weren’t there. Anyone else remember or am I crazy? Thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imhughjass
Dec 24, 2021
It’s also entirely possible that my memory is combining those scenes I maybe saw online & seeing the film in the theater. Idk

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Anyone remember the scene where David jacks off Peter Weyland in his tub? I feel like i remember seeing it in a theater with a slot for quarters.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I personally forced Ridley Scott to edit out every scene u described

Alucard
Mar 11, 2002
Pillbug
Millennials like you are what ruined the last duel. Scenes like the ones we described were essential to the educational experience of going to the movies.

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

some of my memories have been replaced with the missing scenes from prometheus and no one will believe me

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i remember when i watched it in the theater near the end the little weird alien turned to the camera and said "boy, i sure am tired of all these prometheii" but nobody believes me

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

I believe you… I was there

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Actually it was "I'm sick and tired of all of these Prometheans! Why can't it be promeuseans for once?! Entitled nu-mullenials..."

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Am I losing my mind with boredom, or did you make this thread twice?

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

I'm starting to think your memory isn't very good.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I wouldn't say I "missed" them, OP.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Mister Speaker posted:

No you just saw directors cut of this thread

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
OP really playing with fire (of the gods). I hope mods eat their liver every day for their hubris.

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]

Mister Speaker posted:

p. sure this is the only thread about Prometheus in all of Something Awful Dot Com

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

OMFG FURRY posted:

p. sure this is the only thread about Prometheus in all of Something Awful Dot Com

well it should be, that movie sucked both of my dicks

Dignity Van Houten
Jul 28, 2006

abcdefghijk
ELLAMENNO-P

Who What Now posted:

I liked the part where the alien got his liver plucked out by a dino-vulture every day.

In nature livers are ultra concentrated sources of minerals and vitamins

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

The scenes where the characters behave in a rational or believable way were all edited out

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

But you see it was all intentional, truly it took the visionary genius of the director to leave in all these plot holes

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.
Prometheus was good

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

You're thinking of Primetheus

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
why do posts and threads about promesius get so many replies

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

the david promo ads made it look like it was going to be loving great and instead it was a confusing mess of garbage and nerds like me are still mad about it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Bula Vinaka posted:

why do posts and threads about promesius get so many replies

Great art inspires discussion

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Brometheus

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
OP what theater were you at?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Prometheus was fine and Michael Fassbender was great. Everything was opposite in Covenant, though Fassbender using subtle physical cues to create two different identical characters was great

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

i didnt watch promiscuous

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
a robot horse w/ a gatling gun in it's mouth and there's a lil dude inside driving the horse like Leo Decaprio in The Revenant

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

The missing scenes were all the good parts.

naem
May 29, 2011

I liked the part with the sex laidies

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
Wait for the Director's Director Cut of the movie in 20 years.

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
If you liked the bleak 1970's look of the future (industrial workers and machinery) from Alien, then it's worth playing or watching on YouTube a play-through of Alien Isolation.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler
I wasn't a big fan of the shtick where the cast would mug for the camera like Jim from The Office every time someone said Prometheus. Really took me out of the moment.

Also why did the alien drink that expired yogurt at the beginning?

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Why did the top biologist on earth want to touch an alien life form with his bare hands the second he set his stupid eyes on it. Sounds like Weyland got fuckin' hoodwinked and they hired Dr. Nick!!!

Bula Vinaka
Oct 21, 2020

beach side
He thought the geologist guy was cool and wanted him to think he was also cool.

WhyZodiac
Oct 29, 2015

Ramrod XTreme

Imhughjass posted:

I remember a scene onboard the Prometheus in between leaving earth & arriving at LV-224, where Peter Weyland is shown onboard as having stowed away & he either talks to David or to vickers. I could be misremembering & this is could’ve occurred once landing on LV-223. I clearly remember this being before it’s revealed in the movie though.

Ignore all these yahoos OP, I remember the scenes you talk about.

Look, here is proof:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n42OAZJJw_A

mikerock
Oct 29, 2005

Bula Vinaka posted:

He thought the geologist guy was cool and wanted him to think he was also cool.

Total Dr. Nick move

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Efb

SilkyP fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 29, 2021