Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

This is the thread where we post good things that are happening in the world

James Webb launched successfully today. It's the biggest and most expensive camera humans have ever made and it will take pictures of planets in other solar systems and of the first stars which formed after the big bang.

You can learn more about it, and what an achievement it represents for human ingenuity and the scientific community, in this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aICaAEXDJQQ

And you can track it's progress over the next several weeks here

https://www.jwst.nasa.gov/content/webbLaunch/whereIsWebb.html

once the first photos come in I will share them in this thread, assuming they are good photos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ansar Santa
Jul 12, 2012

It's Christmas day, the most magical of all days of the year, and my second-favourite holiday after 9/11

Cannibal Llama
Jan 3, 2020

Cannibal Llama sounds like it could be a zany intentional throwback to mid OOs Penguin of Doom tier usernames but it also sounds like it could be the name of the lamest possible Metal Gear Solid boss so please don't make fun of it.
Don't we already have this? I mean, isn't this just the Happy/Risk-free news thread? Lord knows there's barely enough good things happening in this world for even one thread. I assume that just like that thread this thread will be mostly just be people posting their cute pets and maybe posting about how they got a raise or they just hosed their hot girlfriend because literally nothing good of any real lasting significance happens on this gay earth, which even as I post this, is inching ever closer to a climate change induced collapse of civilization and mass death if not full on extinction of humanity and all life on earth. Which I suppose could be a good thing depending on your point of view.

Anyway I hope there are videos of cats and dogs wearing little pet costumes, I love that poo poo.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
watched te whole vid, telescope looks cool. thanks op

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I think one of the most amazing things about the telescope is that all that precision millimeter engineering survived rocket delivery to orbit

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

I've been hearing about this telescope forever, it better be able to find God

CaptainACAB
Sep 14, 2021

by Jeffrey of Langley
Amerikkka is collapsing.

This is the best possible thing.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7nT7JGZMbtM&t=4940s

Here's the feed of the launch in case you missed it this morning. The embedded video starts at the time of the launch itself. They have a pre-launch show for educating about the telescope, featuring some current and former astronauts, and I watched ten minutes of it with some segments like scientists across the world talking about it in different languages from Dutch to Swahili, but I skipped that since I'd rather read the main mission info in text form.

galenanorth has issued a correction as of 03:16 on Dec 26, 2021

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
ps5

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

I've got a whole box of low calorie fudge-cicles in the freezer and plenty of time to eat them

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

i got a ton of chips rn

WorkerThread
Feb 15, 2012

the democrats are good

for me to poop on

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice

Cannibal Llama posted:

Anyway I hope there are videos of cats and dogs wearing little pet costumes, I love that poo poo.

Got to see my parents for Christmas this year due to the miracle of vaccines, and their little merle schnauzer puppy was wearing a festive Christmas sweater!

Later she went outside to do her business and my dad put her in a jacket because it was raining heavily. They've lost their goddamn minds over this dog, but at least it's hilarious and very cute.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
Made a blueberry cobbler

Alobar
Jun 21, 2011

Are you proud of me?

Are you proud of what I do?

I'll try to be a better man than the one that you knew.
have you heard about the new carbon capture plant in iceland??

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Covid is getting one over arrogant capitalist pigdogs who yearn only to destroy this planet. mayhaps with the right mutation, for good

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
the roni

staticman
Sep 12, 2008

Be gay
Death to America
Suck my dick Israel
Mess with Texas
and remember to lmao
The weed store is open all day, snow be damned

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Posting on a comfy couch in a big blanket while wearing fuzzy socks

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

My folks wanted to watch the news so now I am in a different room under a different blanket to post

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I don't have to go to work tomorrow because of inclement weather and I have enough groceries to last at home for quite a while. that's pretty good imo

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

my cat woke me up at 7am by pushing his head under the covers and curling up next to me, purring. it was really cold last night. we slept another 2 hours like that

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!
https://twitter.com/pubityoninsta/status/1468308079469023239?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
This song is good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goh2x_G0ct4