Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

are you a freakin coward? what is wrong with you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

pity reply

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
my thread my choice

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
you should be able to keep the thread open but delete the first post and the traces that link you the op to it

disown the thread

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

reserved post

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Steve Jobs

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
john madden kicks it and we get this poo poo the very next day

Looks grim, lads

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

fart simpson posted:

what if the thread is thousands of pages long and the mods gave it a dumb title? is it okay to close and make a new one?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

akadajet posted:

what if the thread is thousands of pages long and the mods gave it a dumb title? is it okay to close and make a new one?

hell no

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
better thread than dead

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
idk man I think I’ve learned the long hard way that a bad post is much worse than no post

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
getfiscal says hate the post not the poster and i agree with that pretty much except d&d

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

echinopsis posted:

idk man I think I’ve learned the long hard way that a bad post is much worse than no post

look who finally shows his face

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i already know how awful I am and if it turns out it’s even worse than that idk if i want to know

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Who's gonna close them OP, you? Get real.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

threads are a precious resource. they dont just grow on trees. use the ones you already have before opening a new one.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

fart simpson posted:

threads are a precious resource. they dont just grow on trees. use the ones you already have before opening a new one.

i mean in theory the address space for the thread ID is finite, so, yeah, im with u

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

I honestly miss the “database server is a tandy, only threads under 1000 posts” days, except for the cat thread nobody reads anything older than a couple weeks anyway

Extra row of tits
Oct 31, 2020

fart simpson posted:

What if it’s just replies from idiots? Who wastes time on the gormless tools that predominantly post here?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

why not leave it open and let the idiots make fools of themselves. you dont have to read it.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

i always think it's really funny when OPs close the thread when they dont like the conversation thats going on. it's like an early warning system for people who get weird when given a modicum of power

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

i brought my threads into the world, i will take them out of the world. the mods shall have no power over me.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

my thread my choice

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

post hole digger posted:

i brought my threads into the world, i will take them out of the world. the mods shall have no power over me.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’ve made some good threads, i’ve made some bad threads, and I’ve made some that are so truly awful they bring shame upon me and so I try to sweep them under the rug

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

qirex posted:

I honestly miss the “database server is a tandy, only threads under 1000 posts” days, except for the cat thread nobody reads anything older than a couple weeks anyway

megathreads are a cancer