Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Patrick Mahomes’ brother is on it and honestly it rules

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jasoneatspizza
Jul 6, 2010
It's the first place I learned about the uprising in Kazakhstan going on right now.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdMryQBd/

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

jasoneatspizza posted:

It's the first place I learned about the uprising in Kazakhstan going on right now.

now I know too thanks to you

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
Be A Man is one of the only A+ tiktok accounts

https://vm.tiktok.com/TTPdMr4ubG/

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Wait. I thought the train thing was made up out of whole cloth.

People actually wait at train stations to wait for trains to go by, not to join the train, and get absolutely ecstatic about it passing by? And people will watch videos, of someone else watching a train pass by?

Do people wait at mountain passes and record semi-trucks going over them?

Are there people that live near airports watching the sky like "oh yeah that one is gonna have a nice landing?"

Does the guy who takes my toll at the parking garage have a co-worker watching from the stairwell like "yeah, take that spot on the right, that's the best one, ohhhhh yeahhhhh?"

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Its actually fantastic if you enjoy looking at cute animals

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Chief McHeath posted:

Are there people that live near airports watching the sky like "oh yeah that one is gonna have a nice landing?"

i dont know about the mountain passes, but yes people absolutely go hang out at airports to watch planes land. sometimes i watch the videos they make on youtube because crosswind landings are pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4EQuM_t8Fo

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Chief McHeath posted:

People actually wait at train stations to wait for trains to go by, not to join the train, and get absolutely ecstatic about it passing by? And people will watch videos, of someone else watching a train pass by?

Does the guy who takes my toll at the parking garage have a co-worker watching from the stairwell like "yeah, take that spot on the right, that's the best one, ohhhhh yeahhhhh?"

train spotting is just bird watching but way easier, seems like a winner to me

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
I just go to the dump to bird watch

Poohs Packin
Jan 13, 2019

Chief McHeath posted:

Trains are dope

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Sid Vicious posted:

i seen some big fat titties on tiktok

Link?!?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
My train story is I was having a poo poo day and going home on the train (like an hour trip) from work and there were two goober rear end neckbeard nerds talking really loudly in the quiet carriage about Bitcoin and poo poo while holding cameras to take pictures of passing trains and dismissing their friend who thought they saw the 491 but totally didn't and whatever other poo poo.

I asked them to be quieter because they were in the quiet carriage and they snorted and said they weren't in the quiet carriage. As I walked to the door one said "I don't think she knows how to read". When the doors opened I looked just on the outside, read the big fuckoff sign saying "Quiet Carriage, Conversations to Minimum" walked back and asked them if they knew how to loving read and they shyly shuffled off while mumbling about losing the best spot to take pictures.

I think this is universal of train nerds. Shut the gently caress up in the quiet carriage.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

the proper terms for a train nerd is "railfan" and the slur for them used by people who actually work on trains is "frother". they are one of the oldest types of nerds still in existence today, and i am glad to see they have a presence on tiktok

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jan 7, 2022

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Earwicker posted:

i dont know about the mountain passes, but yes people absolutely go hang out at airports to watch planes land. sometimes i watch the videos they make on youtube because crosswind landings are pretty cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4EQuM_t8Fo

this video rules

also tiktok rules, the algorithm is scary but in a fun way

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I had a brief train phase as a toddler thanks to Thomas the tank engine. I eventually realized that trains were boring as hell... but dinosaurs? couldn't get enough of that poo poo for years

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Earwicker posted:

the proper terms for a train nerd is "railfan" and the slur for them used by people who actually work on trains is "frother". they are one of the oldest types of nerds still in existence today, and i am glad to see they have a presence on tiktok

I'm a fan of being railed, does that count?
Now I'm imagining other old types of nerds. Some sumerian waxing lyrical about this micro-brewed porridge beer. Ug the caveman won't shut up about how if you put one thing with another thing you get many things. Or the original railfan, hanging out near that athenian ship railway.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!
Our generation produced Youtube Poops and there's old rear end simpletons here still going "GEN Z ARE SUCH INSCRUTABLE WEIRDS, WHAT IS WORLD COMING TO TSK TSK".

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Tiktok, as with any social media platform, will either lead you down one of three paths:

Cute animals and dancing teenagers Tiktok

Fascist boomer country life wife prank doofy husband fuckboy thirst trap Tiktok

Kinky queer autistic bing bong step on me mommy i dont know what happiness feels like hit me harder daddy anime cosplay lesbian thirst trap Tiktok

That's it. Those are your choices.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

Picnic Princess posted:

Tiktok, as with any social media platform, will either lead you down one of three paths:

Cute animals and dancing teenagers Tiktok

Fascist boomer country life wife prank doofy husband fuckboy thirst trap Tiktok

Kinky queer autistic bing bong step on me mommy i dont know what happiness feels like hit me harder daddy anime cosplay lesbian thirst trap Tiktok

That's it. Those are your choices.

for me it's always just someone filling up a balloon with an air machine until it pops, laughing hysterically the whole time. my whole feed is like this.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Bad Purchase posted:

for me it's always just someone filling up a balloon with an air machine until it pops, laughing hysterically the whole time. my whole feed is like this.

That is going to lead down path #3.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

This is YouTube version of TikTok I didn't have to install anything and the YouTube vanced app blocks the ads.

This made me lol but you can't imbed YouTube shorts right now so you have to click the link

https://youtube.com/shorts/jDA5OG69qUc?feature=share

Enjoy

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

syntaxfunction posted:

My train story is I was having a poo poo day and going home on the train (like an hour trip) from work and there were two goober rear end neckbeard nerds talking really loudly in the quiet carriage about Bitcoin and poo poo while holding cameras to take pictures of passing trains and dismissing their friend who thought they saw the 491 but totally didn't and whatever other poo poo.

I asked them to be quieter because they were in the quiet carriage and they snorted and said they weren't in the quiet carriage. As I walked to the door one said "I don't think she knows how to read". When the doors opened I looked just on the outside, read the big fuckoff sign saying "Quiet Carriage, Conversations to Minimum" walked back and asked them if they knew how to loving read and they shyly shuffled off while mumbling about losing the best spot to take pictures.

I think this is universal of train nerds. Shut the gently caress up in the quiet carriage.

The gently caress is a quiet carriage

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Big Beef City posted:

The gently caress is a quiet carriage

It's the nerd carriage

No talking because that would drain your battery

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
A quiet carriage is a thing we have in Brisbane where one carriage in a section (usually 3 for the whole train) is for being quiet. There's every other train carriage to be loud in. You aren't meant to have crying babies, loud phonecalls, etc in the quiet ones.

mazzi Chart Czar
Sep 24, 2005
watched a stream of tiktok videos and one "genre" that stood out was: put the camera on some kid for a minute, then they start screaming, and the video cuts.

It was like some older sibling tricked their younger siblings into thinking crappy vines were good,
and then those kids went out and made their own crappy vines, but because tiktok has a 3 minute time limit, all the those videos are slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
I like that Life Without Buildings re-released their record because teenagers dressed as Stevie Nicks or Kiki from Kiki's Delivery Service liked to dance to the Leanover while pointing at words. It's a good record and they deserve the attention.

But I'm loving baffled that miming Invader Zim and the Berries and Cream Lad seem to be a thing. Like what the gently caress, did your shrill Monty Python quoting parents getting (justifiably) slammed into lockers not teach you anything?