Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!
Much like a gamer's Steam Library, it's not uncommon for tabletop gamers to accrue sourcebooks they haven't read or only read in part.

With the beginning of a new year, I figured that compiling a list of RPGs-to-read is a good idea. Both to keep track of what books one hasn't completed as well as to share progress and interest with others.

Others are more than free to share their own reading lists. Maybe we can even get a book club up!

Right now I'm prioritizing KickStarted products. Some have been released to backers but not the general public yet.

1. Iron Kingdoms Requiem Campaign Setting (5e)
2. Southlands Worldbook for 5th Edition (5e)*
3. World of Aetaltis Player's Guide (5e)*
4. Arcanis 5e Campaign Setting (5e)
5. Dungeons of Drakkenheim (5e)
6. Uncaged Anthology, Volume 1 (5e)
7. Unbreakable: Revolution (Multi-System)
8. Worlds Without Number (OSR)
9. Deadlands the Weird West (Savage Worlds)
10. Haunted West (Original System)

*there are other books owned in the series, but starting with the "basic" books is ideal.

Typical goon doesn't see the value in talking to someone unless you can give them orders or mind control them.
~Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

^ boy howdy that is a lot of D&D

On my end:
1. Brinkwood: The blood of the tyrants
2. Fading Suns 4 character book
3. Vaesen core book
4. Also got Wfrp 4e collection to take a look at

Covermeinsunshine fucked around with this message at 08:47 on Jan 5, 2022

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

I've owned the VtR books Requiem for Rome and Fall of the Camarilla for loving ages and still haven’t read either through. :negative:

Libertad!
Oct 30, 2013

You can have the last word, but I'll have the last laugh!

Covermeinsunshine posted:

^ boy howdy that is a lot of D&D

On my end:
1. Brinkwood: The blood of the tyrnats
2. Fading Suns 4 character book
3. Vaesen core book
4. Also got Wfrp 4e collection to take a look at

Indeed, it's a weakness of mine. I do mean to include other systems on my list, but I'm prioritized "themed" products.

Torches Upon Stars
Jan 17, 2015

The future is bright.
i'm sorry did you say street magic

Covermeinsunshine
Sep 15, 2021

Siivola posted:

I've owned the VtR books Requiem for Rome and Fall of the Camarilla for loving ages and still haven’t read either through. :negative:

Tell me how you like them after you get to it. I enjoyed a lot of 1ed writing even if I consider 2ed to have better mechanics and less edge

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Reading back through Pendragon at the moment. Have WFRP 4 and Aliens in my stack next. Chances I'll actually *run* any of these this year are about 0, but still.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Anomalous Subsurface Environment Levels 2-3
Eternal Lies
Savage Worlds Adventure Edition
DCC Lankhmar modules 1-8

A lot of these are books that I’ve skimmed, but need to make into eBooks so I can fully read without eye floaters.

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Covermeinsunshine posted:

Tell me how you like them after you get to it. I enjoyed a lot of 1ed writing even if I consider 2ed to have better mechanics and less edge
I've promised myself that if I ever read them, I'll do a brief F&F just to prove it.

The funny thing is, I don't even own the V:tR core book! :drac:

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
Here's what I'm going through currently:

Twilight 2000 4th Ed - this looks really promising so far.

Root - I was really skeptical of how they'd pull this off, but the clearings and faction systems are done well.

Scum and Villainy - Blades in the Dark but sci-fi. Looks pretty solid so far.

Starfinder mech supplement - mostly for ideas to use in Starforged

The One Ring 2.0 - Free League has been on a roll, and this has a lot of cool things going on.

Just finished:

Starforged - started a character in this already. Good refinement on the Ironsworn system and some great sci-fi generation tables.

Brindlewood Bay - "a roleplaying game about a group of elderly women - members of the local mystery book club - who frequently find themselves investigating real-life murder mysteries. They become increasingly aware that there are supernatural forces that connect the cases they are working on..." Not only does this have a great concept, it has a really cool mystery mechanic where players determine the solution of the mystery instead of the DM. They find clues throughout the scenes and do a Theorize roll, using clues as bonuses for that roll, and the total determines how correct they are and what complications come from their conclusion.

Pakxos
Mar 21, 2020
I have Damnation City for VtR that I bought, flipped through and never opened again. Need to mine it for ideas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragnar34
Oct 10, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I need to finish reading Jenna Moran's Glitch. As with most of her other stuff it's obtuse, engrossing, oddly organized, imaginative, evocative, and I will never be able to play it in practice because my brain doesn't work like this and neither do any of my friends'.

I will read every Jenna Moran game and then think wistfully about what it would be like to play it if I had a cool brain and cool brain friends.