Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
This game lets you fly into the sun if you want

Chimeraland's Pale Blue Dot

The space program has been a huge success

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

This game lets you fly into the sun if you want

Chimeraland's Pale Blue Dot

The space program has been a huge success

Can you confirm/deny that there's some space deities chilling up there?

It's sad that this game does not dominate the MMO Fashion thread, which is instead stuffed with stupid elves and cat people and other garbo :blastu:

But then I'm part of the problem because I'm not playing either. But in a better world we'd see thousands of disturbing monstrosities of characters, mounts, pets and houses.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Can confirm! I'll try to get some screenshots later. They're insanely high level, there was one in particular that was unique and not a constellation-ized version of another creature. He was like a 150ft high dude with armor and a beard, around level 100 I want to say, and he had like a half-dozen more regular-sized guards on those pegasus steeds, and they all aggro if you get close enough. They're on a particular patch of asteroid somewhere in the sky over, I wanna say Eastmount maybe? And they're guarding something, but I have no clue what it is.

There are little asteroids floating around the lowest levels of space that you can mine, if you have a grappling hook to move between them. Otherwise if you fall, and can't land somewhere, you just have to fall or teleport and fly back up again. There are also small moons every so often that have nothing on it, but people have built there (so mostly dusty ruins these days)

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
Chimeraland has hit Steam among other digital storefronts.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
oh wow someone made a video of my home!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd0JmJTTERI

I was just doing some farming and came across someone killing some dudes outside my home, and they teamed up with me for a bit then went away. I never have chat open so I didn't know they said anything until I was checking system messages to see what a recent drop was, and they'd complimented my lighthouse and said they made a video of it lol

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I thought I'd see what Chimeraland was up to given Palworld's been all over the news lately.

lmao its closing this year.

Jehuti
Nov 19, 2010
drat thats so sad, I had a ton of fun playing this last year. Guess ill go meet all my dinosaur friends again before it vanishes.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

It wasnt surprising though. Their login system was terrible and ended up with them opening up hundreds of servers full of 99% rotted houses.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
Aw drat, I def gotta log in and hug my pets before the end, and also visit my rotting lighthouse.

When I played the game, the most fun I had was visiting all the places people built, and finding really big and cool abandoned rotting structures, and exploring them. Hell the entire reason I played as long as I did was to build a big unique-ish structure that would stand out and look cool as it rotted for someone else to find and explore.

Time to see it for myself!

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:
That's a shame. This wasn't my cup of tea but I'm glad I got to experience the character creator and fly to the moon.

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002
I just logged in to check, and my lighthouse has been taken care of pretty well--it's nearly in pristine shape, and checking the logs it seems people have been stopping by to clean it every few weeks or so. So that was a nice surprise!

Meanwhile, my partner's wooden shack right next door is completely gone

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006
Chimera land was one of those games that seemed so cool but felt so bad to play and control your character that every moment spent in game flooded the punishment centers of my brain until I was forced to put it down and my brain purged all memory of its existence.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

I just logged in to check, and my lighthouse has been taken care of pretty well--it's nearly in pristine shape, and checking the logs it seems people have been stopping by to clean it every few weeks or so. So that was a nice surprise!

Meanwhile, my partner's wooden shack right next door is completely gone

Is the entire world still filled with overgrown ruins? How many servers are there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Synthbuttrange posted:

Is the entire world still filled with overgrown ruins? How many servers are there?

oh absolutely, more than ever before in fact. I used to have 3 neighbors who would log in every couple days or so, their houses are now in various states of disrepair (one is entirely gone)

The funny thing was, before I stopped playing, they'd been doing some server mergers to try and address the server population issue. While more active players did pop up, and some of the decayed houses were replaced with active ones, what actually ended up happening was tons of fresh new rotting houses were also ported in, making it all feel even more apocalyptic than usual