Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Prurient Squid

Tiddy cat Buddha improving your day.
Hi yobs,

I've never been a big music guy and I'm really not in "the know" when it comes to all the pop culture classics of the last century so in bed today I had an idea. Why not compose a list of 100 songs 10 albums and then listen to them and broaden my horizons. I've listened to Queen and Kraftwerk but I was thinking if there are any songs by the Beatles, or Pink Floyd or Led Zepellin or all of these other words that I've heard people talk about over the years. But it can be anything really.

Thanks for the interest,

e: Well, I've quickly discovered that individual songs is probably not the way to go about this so let's say 10 albums instead of 100 songs.

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jan 14, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prurient Squid

OK, I've just figured out why there's an A side and B side to albums. Apparently, in the olden days albums used to be sold as a big black circles and some of the songs would be on the top and some on the bottom. Fascinating.

E: Also it turns out that a list of all the albums a band made is called a "discography".

Prurient Squid fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Jan 14, 2022

Prurient Squid

Erm.. well I just sort of assembled something at semi-random so hope this is good.

King Crimson
-------------
In the Court of the Crimson King
Starless and Bible Black

Genesis
--------
Foxtrot

Emerson Lake and Palmer
------------------------
Emerson, Lake & Palmer

Depeche Mode
-------------
Some Great Reward
Music for the Masses

Led Zeppelin
-------------
Led Zeppelin III
Led Zeppelin IV

The Beatles
------------
Yellow Submarine
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band

Prurient Squid

I'm halfway through Yellow Submarine and I kind of like The Beatles. They have a way with words.

Ass-penny

People that write long records even sometimes have a C and D side too. I would say something about music, but you like the Beatles evidently, so you probably wouldn't like anything I listen to. have a good day op.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Ass-penny

Also I know you switched this thread from being about songs to being about albums, but you should take a peek at the post a music thread here in byob. there's a huge range of different types of musics being posted so some of it will probably not appeal to you but some of it almost certainly will.

thank you so much to nesamdoom for the scurry fall sig!

(┛◉Д◉)┛彡┻━┻ #YesNutNovember - add this to your sig if you love and support BYOB's own nut

Prurient Squid

Blasphemous Rumours on Some Great Reward starts with a suicide attempt and I'm a little bit triggered ngl.

But I got through all of Yellow Submarine and Emerson, Lake and Palmer. Progressive rock is kind of tiring to listen to.

I took off Music for the Masses by Depech Mode and put on Abbey Road because The Beatles seems pretty cool and easy to listen to.

Macnult

Prurient Squid posted:

Progressive rock is kind of tiring to listen to.

:agreed:
there are some prog rock songs i like, but for the most part the genre either comes off as snoozy our soulless to me

re: the beatles: i'm not the biggest fan of them but i do think The White Album is worth listening through

Heather Papps

hello friend

i think you might like purple rain, the album and also the film if you like the album, by prince.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prurient Squid

OK, the bit about beating women on Sgt. Pepper was a bit alarming out of nowhere?

The guy in the Led Zepplin stuff seems to be working too many hours idk?