Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Nah J/K, they're pretty cool. On the surface they seem like something I'd really hate - this synthesis of a psych rock jam band that lays on the psychedelica a little too thick, with similar self-indulgences as a math rock band. Because of this I've not really gone out of my way to listen to their music, but what I've heard, I've enjoyed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

rattlesnake rattlesnake, rattlesnake rattlesnake, rattlesnake rattlesnake

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9BfvPjsXXw

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Mister Speaker posted:

Nah J/K, they're pretty cool. On the surface they seem like something I'd really hate - this synthesis of a psych rock jam band that lays on the psychedelica a little too thick, with similar self-indulgences as a math rock band.

this does not really descrive them imo

stylistically they draw from way wider field of influences than "psych rock and math rock" they have a metal album and all kind of different sounds hth

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
What do you really like?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-jtEcja0LUI

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
If you're looking for another band that (for me) scratches that itch similar to kgatlw I'd check out thee oh sees. The spelling of their band name changes every now and then but you should still be able to find some stuff by them to get you moving

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sid Vicious posted:

rattlesnake rattlesnake, rattlesnake rattlesnake, rattlesnake rattlesnake

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i was listening to my playlist today and "Alluda Majaka" came on and now i hope they do another retro-surf-type album cause man that song owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7udnP3a_Ok

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
They're good, but of all their albums, I've only listened to Infest the Rats' Nest more than a couple times

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

Infest the Rats' Nest has been my go to exercise album for ages. PERIHELIOOOOON

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet

Tosk posted:

Infest the Rats' Nest has been my go to exercise album for ages. PERIHELIOOOOON

Rats and Murderer of the universe are good lifting albums.

Noganon infinity is great for running.