Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I don’t know op but you can bet it will be a POS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Nah I think it’s gonna be an A6 with an XL interpreter.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Minh’s been dead for 3 years.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
There has only been one good OS ever and that was Microsoft Windows 7

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Seriously I've never gone back to a Windows 7 machine and said to myself "I miss this from Windows 10". It never happens, ever. But the inverse does all the time.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Nah I think it’s gonna be an A6 with an XL interpreter.

Stop that! Those aren't real things (are those real things?)

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i use classicshell in windows 10 so i can pretend everything continues to remain the same

Lady Jaybird
Jan 23, 2014

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

*pounds table*

AMIGA WORKBENCH

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
Windows 11 works fine but it feels like every single aspect is like a baby step back from 10. Like anything you could do in 10 now just takes one or two extra clicks for no reason.

Wow. Thanks Microsoft!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Gutcruncher posted:

Windows 11 works fine but it feels like every single aspect is like a baby step back from 10. Like anything you could do in 10 now just takes one or two extra clicks for no reason.

Wow. Thanks Microsoft!

Microsoft continues to insist on making their OS shittier for people using a mouse instead of a touch screen when it was established in like 2009 that nobody likes using a touch screen to do real work.

This is why Windows 8 was such a disaster. But at least back then the iPad was new and popular and they didn't know any better and thought everyone would be using tablets instead of laptops and there was a time for about a year or two where that was true but then everyone realized tablets sucked and the laptop market soared like crazy.

It's like they forgot everything that happened after the iPad. Why does right clicking the taskbar in Windows 11 not do anything?? There's like twenty options it brings up in Windows 10. How the gently caress do we benefit from you removing options?! gently caress!!!!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

Why does right clicking the taskbar in Windows 11 not do anything?? There's like twenty options it brings up in Windows 10. How the gently caress do we benefit from you removing options?! gently caress!!!!

Wait. For real? :psyduck:

Skeleton Ape
Dec 21, 2008

Everyone knows the desktop OS achieved perfection with Windows 98 SE. But Micro$oft has to keep making that money, so they've been slowly taking it away from us!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I want windows xp :(

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Only taskbar properties. Nothing else. None of the stuff from 10.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Macs dont need CD drives or even usb ports really all thanks to the versatility of mac os

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
now that PCs can harness HyperLink technology, the only limitations we face are the 32 kilobaud bi-terminal duplex harmony bisection width twine entanglements

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Mozi posted:

now that PCs can harness HyperLink technology, the only limitations we face are the 32 kilobaud bi-terminal duplex harmony bisection width twine entanglements

duh

Trollologist
Mar 3, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Probably something with bones. Like, you know bone reading, but for compiters

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Weka posted:

A virtual reality os where you have to mime opening a folder to open different folders, like you got a whole filing cabinet there. Then when you open the folder there is a smaller filing cabinet there to represent the contents of that folder.

Sadly there were way too many people in the 90s VR heyday that thought this would be a good idea.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

scott zoloft posted:

Macs dont need CD drives or even usb ports really all thanks to the versatility of mac os

Yeah, neither do chromebooks or tablets when all you do with them is fart around.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

LuckyCat posted:

They named the 12th windows “Windows 360” because when you see it you turn 360 degrees and walk away

You would walk right into it you boob!

My new os idea is windon't

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
op I have it on good authority that 2022 will be the Year of Linux on the Desktop

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Weka posted:

You would walk right into it you boob!

My new os idea is windon't

That's the joke and it's a good joke! I hope the US gets nuked before I have to upgrade to Windows 11.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Split Parody is a pro operating system that is a fully scalable solution to fourier’s analytical model of heat. This means that all mathematical operations, regardless of complexity, complete within less than a second. Additionally, any scientific hypothesis (mechanical, chemical, biological, or electrical) can be proved in less than a minute in simulation, whereas it might take years for the same results in a conventional setting. Split Parody is an exacting tool, meaning crunching numbers and approximating a reasonable result is a thing of the past. Complex engineering calculations can be completed in a second using nexus parsing, meaning decimal results that exceed the resolution and storage capacity of the system can produce a pluggable, perfectly exact result by utilizing intelligent root comparisons during the calculation. It’s actually possible to use an operating system that is solely a web browser with no local storage at all. You could run a web server with the size and throughput of Amazon on a burner phone, for instance. Applications can actually just be universal web objects independent of a Unix/posix framework. :mario:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

ClamdestineBoyster posted:

Split Parody is a pro operating system that is a fully scalable solution to fourier’s analytical model of heat. This means that all mathematical operations, regardless of complexity, complete within less than a second. Additionally, any scientific hypothesis (mechanical, chemical, biological, or electrical) can be proved in less than a minute in simulation, whereas it might take years for the same results in a conventional setting. Split Parody is an exacting tool, meaning crunching numbers and approximating a reasonable result is a thing of the past. Complex engineering calculations can be completed in a second using nexus parsing, meaning decimal results that exceed the resolution and storage capacity of the system can produce a pluggable, perfectly exact result by utilizing intelligent root comparisons during the calculation. It’s actually possible to use an operating system that is solely a web browser with no local storage at all. You could run a web server with the size and throughput of Amazon on a burner phone, for instance. Applications can actually just be universal web objects independent of a Unix/posix framework. :mario:

One 24-hour day rotation is deadly erroneous.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Blue Moonlight posted:

One 24-hour day rotation is deadly erroneous.

You can’t claim that. There aren’t any perfect diamonds on earth and all mechanical timekeeping devices have wow and flutter. Even an atomic clock doesn’t have dynamic jitter correction, and particles are always entering and leaving earths gravitational field. So which is a perfect fraction, nature or the device? Nature is the only real reference you can go by. :shrug:

BlueWedge
Apr 20, 2021

by sebmojo
i dunno if this has been brought up but what is the OS of choice for pederasts asking for a friend

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
meta os

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
Temple OS

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
Unix. for sure

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

Ah, yes. The Se7en's black marble notebook scene of operating systems.

parity
May 16, 2019

all things are nothing to me
2023 will be the year of the 9front desktop.

I made a pilgrimage to the spot where Terry Davis was struck by a train and made a crucifix binding two railroad spikes from there together in his honor, RIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bargearse
Nov 27, 2006

🛑 Don't get your pen🖊️, son, you won't be 👌 needing that 😌. My 🥡 order's 💁 simple😉, a shitload 💩 of dim sims 🌯🀄. And I want a bucket 🪣 of soya sauce☕😋.

dervinosdoom posted:

*pounds table*

AMIGA WORKBENCH

This but very, very unironically.