Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Since you brought it up, Heaven's Vault is quite fun. That one had quite a well constructed story.

Oh wow we brought this thread to a second page!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Nothing says quality like a black eye and a moustache.
Fun Shoe
Woo, second page! This hasn't happened in a while.

Yeah, we were thinking if Spiritfarer for a bit, but Amy's been pretty frustrated with the busywork in that game, so I think that's out for now. I'll definitely look into Paradise Killer and Heaven's Vault, though.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.
Paradise Killer is incredible and is getting a beefy content update literally tomorrow so I'd say you can't go far wrong on that.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I'm sort of interested in Paradise Killer. I technically completed it, but in the most minimal way possible and never really felt like returning to do it properly. I think I only took that option because I was amused that it was possible.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
Ooh, and would you look at that, Paradise Killer is on sale on GOG.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
So, a bit off topic, but in considering Paradise Killer, how much of it would require us to read all the dialogue? It seems to be half visual novel, and I don't want to bore everyone by making hours-long videos of us just reading words on a screen. Is there variety to the gameplay?

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

pedrovay2003 posted:

So, a bit off topic, but in considering Paradise Killer, how much of it would require us to read all the dialogue? It seems to be half visual novel, and I don't want to bore everyone by making hours-long videos of us just reading words on a screen. Is there variety to the gameplay?
There's quite a bit of reading unfortunately. The gameplay is mostly exploration with some light puzzles and platforming.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe

Forgall posted:

There's quite a bit of reading unfortunately. The gameplay is mostly exploration with some light puzzles and platforming.

Ah, okay, thanks for the response. I was kind of afraid of that when I was watching trailers and some early gameplay of the game online. We have the game, and we may try it in the future, but we may stream something different coming up.

Burzmali
Oct 22, 2013

Fedule posted:

Paradise Killer is incredible and is getting a beefy content update literally tomorrow so I'd say you can't go far wrong on that.

How is it possible that I hadn't heard this?! 2020 game of the year right there. Hopefully they haven't patched out moon jumping.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
I think we've decided to go with Kona starting this Monday. It looks really good, and it seems short enough to get a good few episodes in. We're also looking into Ghostwire: Tokyo to do after that, since I'm a fan of Shinji Mikami's stuff, and it looks stylish as hell. Is that something people here would be interested in seeing?

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
I suggest KONA if only because it's weird.

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe

Bootcha posted:

I suggest KONA if only because it's weird.

It looked like a really cool game in the trailers, so we were sold pretty quickly. We already made a thread for it and Let's Play forum, so we're pretty committed now!

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I just finished watching these as the new one is starting. That was definitely a game that really wanted to make its point, and I think it's fair to say that the focus worked well to ensure that it felt complete. It was fun watching Petra Duopollicia save the village. Thanks for the LP!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pedrovay2003
Mar 17, 2013

Fun Shoe
I'm really glad you liked the playthrough! Yeah, it was a bit of a heavy-handed story, but props to such a small team for what they made. I really enjoyed going through it, myself.