Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

I have a buddy with whom I grew up whose entire family is in the CIA and he's told me that his clan basically treats Yemen like their personal playground

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crespolini
Mar 9, 2014

BONER X posted:

i hope soon everyone gets something to eat

how about soup? it can be cooked up in a big pot, and with cheap ingredients and some dirt.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Weka posted:

While I'm sure they do good work and their particular mission somewhat excuses it, turns out most of their budget is wages which makes it a no for me.

LOL.

Go to the supermarket, buy some food, and then throw it really hard.

Almost all, and all charities with any form of reach, have paid employees. Try running any organization where everyone's a volunteer. People stop showing up sooner or later.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

I think what might help is if we send some of our best right-wing grifters over there to tell them to work harder and make the right decisions. That'll set them on the right path to a full belly.

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

ChunTheUnavoidable posted:

Del taco is pretty decent if youre just looking for a quick bite to eat. They should look up the closest one on google maps and swing by the drive thru

Their chili cheese fries have no reason to be as good as they are

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

drat, that’s sad OP. No sarcasm, have you figured out the best thing we can do to help the affected peoples?

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

mkvltra posted:

I have a buddy with whom I grew up whose entire family is in the CIA and he's told me that his clan basically treats Yemen like their personal playground

I prefer the French Riviera, myself.

Mooey Cow
Jan 27, 2018

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pillbug
It's never too late to dehumanize yourself and face to bloodshed, OP

ChunTheUnavoidable
Sep 27, 2021

Aaaaand fixed. I fixed this one, guys. Dropped off a whole lot of food. We can close up the thread— Yemen and afghanistan will be eating good tonight

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I prefer the French Riviera, myself.

Lmao

Let's start flying drones over the French Riviera + sniping farmers

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
What did they do in that southpark episode, didnt they buy them a goat or something? We should do that

Pontificating Ass
Aug 2, 2002

What Doth Life?
maybe we should send an army's worth of people over there to help
america'll fix it

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Nooner posted:

What did they do in that southpark episode, didnt they buy them a goat or something? We should do that

kenya style bbq goat in a nice fried rice is delicious

i am down with this plan

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

BIG TIT LIL NIP posted:

i loving HATE famines.

really? i can't get enough, famines always leave me wanting more

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
The west have been trying to bomb Yemen out of famine for years, what more do you want op?

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

LOL.

Go to the supermarket, buy some food, and then throw it really hard.

Almost all, and all charities with any form of reach, have paid employees. Try running any organization where everyone's a volunteer. People stop showing up sooner or later.

Some is fine but in this instance it's most.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

If you send them fish they will not starve for a day but if you teach them to fish they will never starve

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0q4o58pKwA&t=72s

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Maybe they should just develop some apps? Like use blockchain and crowdsource some food?

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
What if we feed the Yemens to the Afghanistans

Betty Wight
Jan 1, 2022

Schweinhund posted:

What if we feed the Yemens to the Afghanistans

Lol gently caress

Truly the solution for the times.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

the situation in afghanistan is a direct consequence of a brutal american foreign policy that seems more determined to deny the taliban "a win" than address the material condition of the people living in a region that the us managed for two decades. it has been depressing to see this crisis be ignored and then forgotten by most people and for us congressional leaders to actively impede efforts to understand the consequences of its actions

the nyt published a good overview of the circumstances facing people here and the new yorker has a solid piece here

QuoProQuid fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Feb 5, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

QuoProQuid posted:

the situation in afghanistan is a direct consequence of a brutal american foreign policy that seems more determined to deny the taliban "a win" than address the material condition of the people living in a region that the us managed for two decades. it has been depressing to see this crisis be ignored and then forgotten by most people and for us congressional leaders to actively impede efforts to understand the consequences of its actions

the nyt published a good overview of the circumstances facing people here and the new yorker has a solid piece here

I dont think anyone is trying to deny that the taliban won, i think it is more like "they won so why is it our responsibility still?"