Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

Sophy Wackles posted:

Yeah but you can’t just “acquire” $40k of cash without the bank, law enforcement, IRS, etc asking questions.

If it’s cash it’s not really going through any of their systems though is it unless you make big flashy purchases that get the neighbors talking or you make bank deposits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

Genesplicer posted:

I honestly think that being a good person was much more acceptable before the Trump era. It's not so much that people became dicks, but that they felt it was permissible to be a dick in public. A large proportion of people who would have acted with restraint decided that it was no longer necessary, and as such, decided to run wild. I am hoping that a bit more civility will return to our society in the not-too-distant future.

It became less popular to be a good person when the rightwing decided to base morality entirely on :biotruths: and videogame logic.

run on sentience
Mar 22, 2022
I don't think it makes someone a bad person to live an apathetic life where they don't really pay attention to the rest of the world and only make decisions to benefit their own families.

I do think that being proud of your apathy makes you a bad person, because it means you are not actually apathetic, you are actively choosing not to help in the little ways you can.

Chuds and centrists are the only ones who use the term "virtue signaling" unironically. They are full of internalized self hatred and would rather lash out at people doing good for others than make any effort at self improvement. They can't stand it when others get the positive attention that they crave so badly, so they cry about how people are only doing good things for attention.

The only time I've seen "virtue signaling" mentioned by a non-chud, it was in regards to poo poo like corporate pinkwashing, where it is literally companies pretending to care about whatever group while doing nothing at all to actually help that group.

nut
Jul 30, 2019

i think if u got pokemon shield ur good and if you got pokemon sword or neither ur bad person it's pretty simple

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

Analytic Engine posted:

No, you actually do suck

Oooh so I have you to thank for necroing a drunk shitpost thead I had totally forgotten about. Thanks Analytic Engine!

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine

AcidCat posted:

Oooh so I have you to thank for necroing a drunk shitpost thead I had totally forgotten about. Thanks Analytic Engine!

tryhard

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
I'm thinking of being less good on account of getting exhausted with all these people who keep offering to touch my peepee :(

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
https://www.theonion.com/why-cant-anyone-tell-im-wearing-this-business-suit-iron-1819584239

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

how do you know if you're good or bad if you don't believe in g*d?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JetSetGo
Jan 1, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I want to leave something good behind for my niece, nephew, and one day my future kids. I can't control the hosed up weather or corporate greed but I believe I can make a small change and that has to count for something. Being kind is hard as gently caress nowadays and feels at times pointless but I still believe it's worthwhile. gently caress all this black pill poo poo, that's when we all lose.