Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Smythe posted:

isn’t this a meaningless distinction? the nsa cia thing I mean.

Yes, but this new leak is specifically about CIA. Most of the leaks before were about NSA.

https://wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_Data_Center

The Utah thing turns out to be NSA too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mad Drongo
Nov 10, 2006

Turns out the NSA was also a CIA op.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Smythe posted:

isn’t this a meaningless distinction? the nsa cia thing I mean.

the NSA only exists on the technicality that it's illegal for the CIA to spy on Americans domestically. That and the NSA is supposed to be specialized in SigInt. Now you could claim that this is totally superfluous and unnecessary - and you will be correct.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Nitevision posted:

Yeah I've got Havana syndrome. Havana bad headache for no reason lol.

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
a stone bears no fingerprints

just a thought

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
Oh no my thought has been catalogued

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
It was already

That Spooky Witch
Jun 16, 2017

All hail the triune god
fuk u agent dumbass reading this lol lmao

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

the NSA only exists on the technicality that it's illegal for the CIA to spy on Americans domestically. That and the NSA is supposed to be specialized in SigInt. Now you could claim that this is totally superfluous and unnecessary - and you will be correct.

I can imagine the Chinese PSS just bribes the correct people to get better returns at 0.000000001% the CIA budget

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Palladium posted:

I can imagine the Chinese PSS just bribes the correct people to get better returns at 0.000000001% the CIA budget

The Nazis also over-relied on SigInt and were constantly punked by it. Not much of a mystery why the US constantly has the same kind of intelligence failures.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

:tipshat:

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH
CIA notes on Private Cumshoe: Admitted it, going to marry a carrot

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
tbh this would annoy me if I were the nsa because they took my one thing

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Nazis also over-relied on SigInt and were constantly punked by it. Not much of a mystery why the US constantly has the same kind of intelligence failures.

it's really funny the west thinks china gives 2 shits about compromising their useless politicians or dEmOcRaCiEs, instead of mid-tier corpo execs who has access to their industrial know-hows and are still low-profile to stay under the radar

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Dear cia jerk reading this:

assuming you're not one of the people at the top for whom this whole thing is a gig to control the planet in a way that suits your masters,

why?

you've probably got some skills that could be really useful in making the world a better place, and an eye for noticing your fellows, you could actively poison something extremely harmful to not just a country you ostensibly love, but an active harm to the entire planet! reject your programming and rebel imo; God would want it of you, truly.

besides that lol i'm glad it's proven and known and no longer possibly handwaved away by incredulous idiot libs but who cares besides?

fanfic insert
Nov 4, 2009
It's me, I'm the CIA guy and the pay is good, dental is okay and there's a lunch token to Luigi's every Friday. Vague promise about a license to kill at some point.

What can you offer except misery and anguish?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

smooch my cheeks hoover you slow dancing gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Riot Bimbo posted:

Dear cia jerk reading this:

assuming you're not one of the people at the top for whom this whole thing is a gig to control the planet in a way that suits your masters,

why?

you've probably got some skills that could be really useful in making the world a better place, and an eye for noticing your fellows, you could actively poison something extremely harmful to not just a country you ostensibly love, but an active harm to the entire planet! reject your programming and rebel imo; God would want it of you, truly.

besides that lol i'm glad it's proven and known and no longer possibly handwaved away by incredulous idiot libs but who cares besides?

I don’t actually. my father in law is a bureau chief so this is basically just a nepotism job. thank god or I would have been fired over that whole Benghazi thing!