Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
hOW DO YOU PEOPLE LISTEN TO MUSIC?

Do you have a collection of some kind, and a player you play loud enough on speakers in your house?

Or is it only via headphones?

Unless its a party or special occasion where you may rock out a bit.

Or is it online only and via headphones of probably awful quality (airpods)

Greg of Doom fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Feb 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo
I don't play my physical collection enough on my good speakers.

And I was just enjoying it so much.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Dolby Atmos headphones are in use.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAbwQUhTkWI

Zeluth fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Feb 11, 2022

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I have a Sonos in my office. I used ear buds but people would sneak up on me and I don't like the noise cancelling.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

jbrekkie + spirit of the beehive has been the only live show I've seen since the plague started. I need more live music

Greg of Doom
Dec 22, 2021

by sebmojo

Greg of Doom fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Feb 11, 2022

poronty
Oct 19, 2006
a hung Aryan
I got one of those standard air travel noise-canceling headphones, the Bose QC 35, for back when I flew a lot for work, and I've just kept using it at home, haven't felt the need for anything fancier.

I also have a pair of Steljes NS3 speakers that I pretty much only bought because they were bright yellow. Well mostly because of that. And they turned out to have a really nice sound too, as far as I can tell.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I don't listen to music, it's of the devil.

ThawedGladiator
Aug 29, 2008
Speakners. Lots of speakners. In a house.

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

Speakers now that I live by myself :)

https://youtu.be/D6vdwdFw2ko

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I have an old but rad 5.1 Sony AV receiver hooked up to my pc. With some also old but pretty good Pioneer speakers and a subwoofer the size of an old CRT tv. It rocks OP

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Klipsch 2.1 BITVCH

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

In my car. Or at my computer. This is all.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K028J7AFJAc

BasicLich
Oct 22, 2020

A very smart little mouse!
completely trashed, youtube vids of live performances by GG Allin

You Are A Werewolf
Apr 26, 2010

Black Gold!

When I’m at my computer, it’s usually headphones from a small, but capable RCA 2.1 receiver hooked up to my computer and turntable. If I’m elsewhere in the house, Bose Bluetooth speaker from my phone.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Headphones so I don't bother others and also because it's much, much cheaper to get a good sounding headphone than it is to get good sounding speakers. I miss feeling the bass from a nice subwoofer though but such is life.

cubicle gangster
Jun 26, 2005

magda, make the tea
Listening it switches between shure 215's, beyerdynamic DT 770, an old pair of BIC acoustech speakers, or my new main/favorite option - dali oberon 5's.
When i'm making music it's between Audio technica M50, sony MDR 7506, and a pair of Adam A7x.

I dont have good outdoor speakers yet. And i'm moving soon, been mulling over a full crestron in-ceiling setup for background music. probably go with polk for those.

I have music on 24/7 except for when i'm having work calls or sleeping.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hphwfq1wLJs

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Pair of cheap studio monitor speakers connected to an interface and streaming infinite bootlegged music on Youtube, thanks for asking.

I also have a reel to reel and a box full of old sappy pop ballads on tape I got for free from an old man who was cleaning house.

Thanks for asking.

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

enjoying - for when i have to sleep and jam.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Through the soundbar and subwoofer of the living room tv. For a $150 soundbar it sounds good.

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JRgHol94Xc

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Headphones on my home desktop. Different set of headphones at work through my work laptop. Laptop speakers if I'm working at home, but I'm less concerned about audio quality than just having background noise, and I get up and walk around too much for headphones. Don't own any headphones compatible with my phone (rip to the 3.5mm jack), so music from my phone only ever really plays to my car's stereo over BT.

Most of the time I'm streaming the music anyway so it's not like audiophile quality matters.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
50% of the time its these bad Larries

50$ of the time its Airpods Pro. The Apple Music / Spatial Audio thing is a gimmick.

frumpykvetchbot
Feb 20, 2004

PROGRESSIVE SCAN
Upset Trowel
Powered studio monitors, USB audio interface with balanced XLR outputs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Beans
Aug 5, 2004

Whar be the beans?
Hair Elf
I've had a pair of SENNHEISER PC 363D headphones that I've used at home for like 10 years now and when they eventually break I'm going to be hosed. I've tried so many other alternatives, mainly trying out wireless, and nothing seems to fit my weird head the same way the 363D does.