Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

On the internet, nobody knows you're a dog.

The California Horse Racing Board might be fooled but not me.

quote:

The California Horse Racing Board announced Friday that no definitive cause of death had been found for 2021 Kentucky Derby champion Medina Spirit.

Medina Spirit died suddenly after a workout on Dec. 6 at three years old, prompting a necropsy to determine the cause of death.

A team of experts conducted pathology, toxicology and equine drug testing on the colt.

“The swollen lungs and foam in the trachea [windpipe], enlarged spleen, and congestion and mild hemorrhages in other tissues seen on the postmortem examination are common in horses dying suddenly, and are compatible with, but not specific for, a cardiac cause of death,” the board said.

Medina Spirit was cremated following the examination and the report was sent to more experts for independent review. The board said it will investigate any potential rule violations found during that review.

The horse's death came after his trainer was barred from competing in the Kentucky Derby in 2022 and 2023 after Medina Spirit tested positive for betamethasone on race day, The Associated Press reported.

Although the medication is legal, it is not allowed for horses on race day, per the AP.

Bob Baffert murdered the horse as revenge for killing his career and I will not let him get away with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sporkstand
Jun 15, 2021
rip to a real one

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
That guy loving murdered the hell out of that horse.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

So, no evidence of poisoning at all, let alone by whom. Innocent until proven guilty. But I suspect the "buzz" of the goon hivemind will disagree, ho hum.

Also :rip:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BigBadSteve posted:

So, no ecidence of poisoning at all, let alone by whom. Innocent until proven guilty. But I suspect the "buzz" of the goon hivemind will disagree, ho hum.

Why are you holding that giant bag of money? Why does your shirt say "OWNER OF THE GLUE FACTORY" on it???

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
what's a horse?

Dumb Sex-Parrot
Dec 25, 2020
I'd like to visit that horse crematorium.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
if only the horse had been allowed to take sufficient amounts of betamethasone, they may still be alive today

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

BigBadSteve posted:

So, no evidence of poisoning at all, let alone by whom. Innocent until proven guilty. But I suspect the "buzz" of the goon hivemind will disagree, ho hum.

Also :rip:

Think for yourself, SHEEPLE!

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I don’t think that guy should have killed that horse

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

I don’t think that guy should have killed that horse

And yet here we are.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
If you think about it though, we’ve probably all killed a horse indirectly by allowing an ant to live or maybe even from making a loud sound like an audible footstep.

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

It can’t be a murder. The suicide note was typed on Medina spirits typewriter

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

It can’t be a murder. The suicide note was typed on Medina spirits typewriter

But that only proves that it wasn't a jockey!

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Well now the horse really is a spirit.

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Boba Fertt!? Where!?

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Maybe Medina Spirit did OD but who got him hooked?

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

And if thou gaze long into an abyss, the abyss will also gaze into thee
medina is something to do with islam so i think it might be a muslim conspiracy??

the profit mohamed (pbuh) also had a horse

makes u think

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Gasmask posted:

medina is something to do with islam so i think it might be a muslim conspiracy??

the profit mohamed (pbuh) also had a horse

makes u think

Not all Islamic horses are Arabian dude what the gently caress is this racism

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

i looked it up on the internet and muhammd (pbuh) either rode a donkey or a flying donkey so this theory doesn't check out, on to the next case gentlemem

BIG FLUFFY DOG
Feb 16, 2011

Medina Spirits devotion to the Baha’i faith was well known. There is no need to bring in crude stereotypes regarding his name when he was MURDERED by Bob Baffert.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

At least the horse lives up to the name now.

Gasmask
Apr 27, 2003

hold on it turns out that muohamed's horse (pbuh) was called 'Buraq' which sounds like 'Bob' if you say it really fast

could this be a new angle??

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

oh no not a dead horse...

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

BONER X posted:

oh no not a dead horse...

sid did you finally get your revenge

the winner of the kentucky derby is actually a pretty good choice out of all the horses to pick to revenge yourself upon, i salute u

Sourdough Sam
May 2, 2010

:dukedog:
Medina murdered in Funky Cold blood

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Say neigh to the horseplay itt

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

Hopefully what happened to Ralph Cifaretto will happen to him.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

I killed Medina Spirit

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

“I had to kill Medina Spirit because he made a mistake. Now it's time to erase that mistake.”

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Just clone it from the harvested jizz. That's the whole reason we invented a horse jack off machine!

naem
May 29, 2011

STABASS posted:

what's a horse?

a miserable piles of secrets

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009

Who What Now posted:

Just clone it from the harvested jizz. That's the whole reason we invented a horse jack off machine!

there's actually a poo poo-ton of cloned horses, but the horse racing authority won't let them compete in races or breed.

Sucrose
Dec 9, 2009
Actually the funniest thing about American racehorses is that Mexican and Quebecois people eat them in burgers despite them being pumped full of all sorts of illegal substances.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

The California Horse Racing Board might be fooled but not me.

Bob Baffert murdered the horse as revenge for killing his career and I will not let him get away with it.

he might do it again. How will you stop him OP?

naem
May 29, 2011

hors

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

the Egyptian god?

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER

hors derves

Adbot