Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

theadder posted:

say more op

at some point they (PUAs) realised the best way to attract women was to be attractive to women and that means working on yourself basically

I mean their intentions might be suspect, I don’t think they’re generally looking to satisfy women either in the short term or the long term, but the approach is worthwhile

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

if i had to choose between a guy who was, inside, a nice person but who refused to do any self improvement, and a guy who was internally a total loving jerk who did a ton of self improvement

id split the difference and not pick either

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

You do not, in any way, "Gotta hand it to em"

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

well, poo poo. it turns out i support mtgow because i host my own dns and emai

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

alexandriao posted:

You do not, in any way, "Gotta hand it to em"

i’m just saying as an approach it’s better than effectively tricking women into sleeping with them thru tricks like negging etc

and not every person who gets involved in that scene are jerks, there are also losers

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I’m too old and have been married too long to worry.

I do remember the moment when I knew she was the woman I wanted to marry when during a visit to her flat, I found her yelling obscenities at her P4 computer which was, apparently, doing “stupid poo poo” and “should be destroyed immediately”.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

echinopsis posted:

i’m just saying

I'll repeat again for the folks in the back. You do not, under any circumstances, "Gotta hand it to them".

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Moo Cowabunga posted:

I’m too old and have been married too long to worry.

I do remember the moment when I knew she was the woman I wanted to marry when during a visit to her flat, I found her yelling obscenities at her P4 computer which was, apparently, doing “stupid poo poo” and “should be destroyed immediately”.

Making all of YOSPOS jealous lol

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

alexandriao posted:

I'll repeat again for the folks in the back. You do not, under any circumstances, "Gotta hand it to them".

thanks for being the authority on who gets to have stuff handed to I guess

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

echinopsis posted:

thanks for being the authority on who gets to have stuff handed to I guess

I'm sorry to have shut down your trying to start a discussion on how this one group of women haters are actually better than this other group of women haters. Next time, as a woman, I simply will not intervene and stay in the kitchen

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
well I didn't think about it that way

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
maybe I should have lol

regardless
tell me who to hand it to because I need to hand it to fuckin someone

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I love being in the kitchen. heart of the home. cooker of food. in fact, I might go there right now!

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i’m in my partners kitchen, and I was trying to iron a shirt for wearing tonight to my leaving drinks and I dropped her iron on the floor and at first I was worried about her new floor but the iron itself broke fuckkkk i’m waiting for it to cool down before I can see if I can press it back together otherwise guess who’s buying a new iron for their girlfriend this weekend 😭

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
iron status : broken

:cry:

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i need to get a new iron. gotta clean the steamer (lol) too. the steamer has been really nice for "no wrinkle/non-iron" fabrics and clothing that's been in a drawer too long

and a good ironing board. god all the ones in the stores here are crap, no padding

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

echinopsis posted:

iron status : broken

:cry:

get your rear end to briscoes there might be a sale on

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thankfully she said she didn’t care and thought it was poo poo anyway

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

echinopsis posted:

thankfully she said she didn’t care and thought it was poo poo anyway

I think it’s behoove you to buy her a new iron regardless

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
that’s my plan but I also don’t like playing games where someone says “oh don’t do that”, and you go ahead and ignore their wishes and do it anyway

if someone says don’t get me a birthday present I won’t, why, because it truly fucks me off when I ask
someone not to do something and they just totally ignore me and do it anyway.

anyways I told her I was gonna get her an iron this weekend (or maybe next weekend coz moneys tight this week) and she said “maybe”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

is an iron a computer