Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
I wouldn't put Petty up top for drivers. Owners, visionaries, sure, but he was out there with so much support so early it wasn't even really fair if you go back and watch.

There was more talent in the Allison boys pinky nails if you are going by driver.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Chastain’s Martinsville move is now banned, but more importantly, no more stage break cautions at road courses.

Now just get rid of them everywhere - keep the points I don’t care just no more planned yellows

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Ungratek posted:

Now just get rid of them everywhere - keep the points I don’t care just no more planned yellows

This.. I'm still pretty much over nascar.. but Boy am I excited to go to richmond to see it in person.. Goign to an event is on my racecar bucket list.
Maybe next years' 24hr will be on a week I can go!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I guess LA got enough nascar last year to hold them a few years. The coliseum is empty.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
LOL at the driver introductions at The Clash. Also LOL at Gwen Stefani embarrassing Clint.

camoseven
Dec 30, 2005

RODOLPHONE RINGIN'
It's a fun event and I'm pumped to be watching NASCAR again

Got me lookin at the tracks around here and nothing starts up til April :(

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i've had about as many celebrity guests as i can handle for one nascar race

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

I’m watching with an F1 fan and she’s incredibly confused by everything

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i forgot wiz khalifa actually has a lot of good songs

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

This is excruciatingly bad

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

Their eyes locked and suddenly there was the sound of breaking glass.
\
The 9 car Mario Kart qualifying was pretty fun. This is just boring.

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

This seems like WAY more of a poo poo show than last year.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

This started 90 minutes ago. They’ve completed 21 miles of racing.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Ungratek posted:

This started 90 minutes ago. They’ve completed 21 miles of racing.

that wouldn't be terrible if they were on bicycles

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
This is now beyond excruciating.

Edit: update, they are now driving more than a mile without a caution. I downgrade my comment to merely being a lame race.

stealie72 fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Feb 6, 2023

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

JFC

GWC?

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

props to nascar for giving the toughest sports market in the US the old college try. i hope this doesn't sink the event lol

having an event on the calendar similar to the kind of format local tracks have for their summer weekend races is neat, with the heat races and stuff. and having a race in LA in January to take advantage of the perennial socal good weather is neat too. I have a feeling this may end up being another "they tried a thing once back when, it didnt quite pan out" story though

Cactus Ghost fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Feb 6, 2023

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

reddick putting it all on the line for 8th place in the clash

glyph
Apr 6, 2006

A medal ceremony? What's next, sprinklers?

When did Bernie get an ear at NASCAR headquarters?

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

that was a good race but they might wanna drop a few cars from the main cuz 80% of the yellows were caused by ty gibbs and david gilliland

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
The heat races, LCQ's and first half of the feature were all great. The second half of the feature was total clownshoes. I like the event but that was pretty embarrassing.

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\

SwampYankee posted:

The heat races, LCQ's and first half of the feature were all great. The second half of the feature was total clownshoes. I like the event but that was pretty embarrassing.
This. Heat races all the way down with a >10 car final would have been fun. If you're going to do something different, go for the gusto.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

stealie72 posted:

This. Heat races all the way down with a >10 car final would have been fun. If you're going to do something different, go for the gusto.

Four heat races and two LCQs knocked out 9 cars

stealie72
Jan 10, 2007

\
Yeah. I'm advocating for them to knock out 30-ish cars.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

SwampYankee posted:

Yep. It just became wreck people to pass because it seemed everyone kind of agreed that was the way this was gonna go so no hard feelings except for Bubba Wallace who seemed very pouty after the race. At least that was for the lead and not dumb AJ and Briscoe beefing during a freaking practice.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

big nipples big life posted:

I guess LA got enough nascar last year to hold them a few years. The coliseum is empty.

Lol it was empty before too. The crowd for this race actually seemed on par for this race.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

Kyle got arrested in Cancun last week for possession of a firearm and hollow point bullets. Got sentenced to 3.5 years in jail although I doubt he serves a day

https://thecancunsun.com/well-known-nascar-driver-arrested-with-gun-in-cancun-airport-gets-3-5-year-prison-sentence/

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

I hope he's away from nascar that long maybe I'll watch

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
It happened on Jan 27th and he was in the race so.... lol at anyone thinking the criminal process in Mexico is going after a rich white dude.

Weird he got snagged at a FBO though.

Howard The Dork
Mar 31, 2004

Look Ma! I caught a Fwaggle!
Is there a 2023 thread going? Pole qualifying for Daytona is TONIGHT!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

sure

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4024258