Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Problem description: A week ago, I went to a computer repair shop to install a new keyboard for my laptop. When I got it back, I found out that the repairman had forgot to plug the fan back in, and my computer was extremely hot. I reconnected the fan, but the damage was done and my monitor’s connection to the motherboard was damaged. Connecting to an external monitor worked…until the laptop went into safe mode. Now I can’t see anything, and my new motherboard won’t show up for another few days.

Attempted fixes: None

Recent changes: I think I’ve covered it

--

Operating system: Windows 10 Home, version 21H2

System specs:
-Dell Inspiron 5570
-manufactured in 2018
-64-bit
-Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz 1.99 GHz

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Edward Mass posted:

Connecting to an external monitor worked…until the laptop went into safe mode. Now I can’t see anything, and my new motherboard won’t show up for another few days.

If you want to experiment more you could try booting from a USB OS and see if that works with the external monitor. If you need to access files etc.

I would think that W10 safe mode should work so hopefully the monitor output isn't damaged too.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
It turned out a wire got damaged. Thanks for the help, though!